ImageImageImage

**NBA Draft Discussion 2024**

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,098

Re: **NBA Draft Discussion 2024** 

Post#641 » by greg4012 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:16 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
I think you absolute pick up a PF this draft or Bigman, I can garrantee you if Miami ends up making any trade, the one guy everyone will ask from our young player is Jovic, and for Mitchell, Durant, etc that Pat will risk it for, he will absolutely let go of Jovic for that chance. I absolutely agree to get more there because chances are this player will be getting minutes in the upcoming season from day 1 if a trade goes down in the offseason.

I'm all for drafting a frontcourt player. I think it's a must. If Miami can end up with a big man that has versatility to play PF or C from the draft, then I think that's the best case scenario. That's hard to come by tho. A lot of interesting frontcourt players in the draft.

I feel like the board is kinda split as to who generates more trade value between Jovic and Jaquez and who everyone prefers to trade. I think it really depends on the trade partner.

I am looking at it from the other teams around the league I think the intrigue of Jovic of what could be at that size and skill seems to be the thing people will ask for, specially cause he is 20 years old as well. JJJ being older and more polished is probably going to turn teams away thinking that there's a chance he is at his current level based on age and additional years in a system, instead of being one and done. I also tend to listen to podcast from Boston's, Raptors, Nuggets, Philly, Bulls, T-wolves, and usually talking about Miami the most interested player is always Jovic.

That def makes sense. I still think it's so close that it's completely team personnel dependent. Multi-faceted wings that can defend multiple positions, play on-ball or off-ball, and find their own offense are one of the harder things to come by in the NBA and teams can never have enough of them. I doubt Miami is trading with any of the teams you mentioned this offseason (Chicago could be viable). I might be too locked in on Cleveland's team makeup here, where for any pipedream Mitchell trade Jaquez would probably be more desired than another frontcourt player.

I think this is indicative of a great thing--Miami finally has some young players that are viable trade assets!
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,098

Post#642 » by greg4012 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:31 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The top group shown in the tweet:

1) Baylor Scheierman - Creighton
2) Cam Spencer - UConn
3) Payton Sandfort - Iowa
4) Kyshawn George - Miami
5) Tristan Da Silva - Colorado
6) Reed Sheppard - Kentucky
7) Jared McCain - Duke

Consider me intrigued in the 2nd round.

Pure shooter and gamer. Shows a pretty tight handle and surprising playmaking instincts. Obviously limited to combo guard and athletically limited, but in light of that he's proven to not be a defensive weakpoint throughout college, he's consistently gotten steals, and he's been a 60%+ finisher around the rim for his career.
lastb1ckman
Sophomore
And1: 160

Post#643 » by lastb1ckman » Wed May 8, 2024 3:41 pm

I like Jaquez more for the future of the team, but Jovic fits better in the current team.
(Tbh I'd much rather keep both, draft a PG and big man this season, move on from Jimmy, and start the youth movement. Jimmy is just getting older, can't play a whole season, and keeps getting injured in the playoffs.)
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,989

Post#644 » by IceColdCubano » Wed May 8, 2024 3:53 pm

lastb1ckman wrote:I like Jaquez more for the future of the team, but Jovic fits better in the current team.
(Tbh I'd much rather keep both, draft a PG and big man this season, move on from Jimmy, and start the youth movement. Jimmy is just getting older, can't play a whole season, and keeps getting injured in the playoffs.)

There a lot of people here who would want to kill you for this comment. Miami going for the youth movement would be something I may be interested in since it means we complete go a different direction. I don't know if our front office would be willing to go through 2-3 year of transitioning into the next contention window.
lastb1ckman
Sophomore

Post#645 » by lastb1ckman » Wed May 8, 2024 5:34 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
lastb1ckman wrote:I like Jaquez more for the future of the team, but Jovic fits better in the current team.

There a lot of people here who would want to kill you for this comment. Miami going for the youth movement would be something I may be interested in since it means we complete go a different direction. I don't know if our front office would be willing to go through 2-3 year of transitioning into the next contention window.

I know its controversial, but I saw a lot I really liked in the Boston series regarding pace and style of play. If we had a season with Rozier healthy, Wright back, and more depth from this draft I wouldn't be surprised if we were a good playoff team. Jimmy being 35, starting to decline statistically, in and out for various reasons, clearly coasting most of the season, and STILL being hurt in the playoffs has really shaken my confidence in him long term.
lastb1ckman
Sophomore

Post#646 » by lastb1ckman » Wed May 8, 2024 5:41 pm

Father Prime Dwade in the last 5 seasons of his career with his messed up knees averaged nearly 10 more games a year than Jimmy his entire time time in Miami.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,864

Post#647 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 8, 2024 5:45 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:

They will anyways. The Butler era is over. We had some awesome runs.

We are transitioning right now.

Draft deep dive please.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#648 » by IceColdCubano » Wed May 8, 2024 6:56 pm

lastb1ckman wrote:Father Prime Dwade in the last 5 seasons of his career with his messed up knees averaged nearly 10 more games a year than Jimmy his entire time time in Miami.

It always seemed like Wade was up for games against competition, Jimmy these days goes scoreless in first halves, and lets Caleb Martin and Highsmith take more shots than he does.
lastb1ckman
Sophomore

Post#649 » by lastb1ckman » Wed May 8, 2024 7:49 pm

IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#650 » by IceColdCubano » Wed May 8, 2024 7:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Bring the Nikola Brothers home to Miami.
lastb1ckman
Sophomore

Post#651 » by lastb1ckman » Wed May 8, 2024 8:05 pm

Nikola must be like Jalen/Jaden for hooping families in eastern Europe
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,350

Post#652 » by Wiltside » Thu May 9, 2024 3:19 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bring the Nikola Brothers home to Miami.

I’d love this. Make it happen.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
spectrec130
Starter
And1: 1,840

Post#653 » by spectrec130 » Thu May 9, 2024 3:47 am

IceColdCubano wrote:

Maybe wrong but don't think too many peeps here would mind the Heat joining the rest of the league in turning the page.

It's obvious the era of Durant, Lebron, Curry is all but ended, along with Butler (health). Giannis, Town, Embiid and Jokic are turning 30 here this year or next, so these teams are built to win now mode. Then you add Orl, OKC, and Minny's youths going out here balling out, wouldn't mind going ahead and sending Butler to Philly and get younger. Possibly land Mitchell to run with Bam and keep developing #15, Jovic n JJJ.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#654 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 9, 2024 4:06 pm

spectrec130 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Maybe wrong but don't think too many peeps here would mind the Heat joining the rest of the league in turning the page.

It's obvious the era of Durant, Lebron, Curry is all but ended, along with Butler (health). Giannis, Town, Embiid and Jokic are turning 30 here this year or next, so these teams are built to win now mode. Then you add Orl, OKC, and Minny's youths going out here balling out, wouldn't mind going ahead and sending Butler to Philly and get younger. Possibly land Mitchell to run with Bam and keep developing #15, Jovic n JJJ.

And thank goodness tbh. Out with the old, in with the new. All the dinosaurs hetting paydays are nowhere near as entertaining as OKC and Antman.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#655 » by IceColdCubano » Fri May 10, 2024 12:06 am

"Greg Sylvander - Some early draft names that were floated to me today by someone I trust:"

Jared McCain
Tristan Da Silva
Devin Carter
Kyle Filipowski
Tyler Kolek
Johnny Furphy
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,350

Post#656 » by Wiltside » Fri May 10, 2024 12:07 am

IceColdCubano wrote:"Greg Sylvander - Some early draft names that were floated to me today by someone I trust:"

Jared McCain
Tristan Da Silva
Devin Carter
Kyle Filipowski
Tyler Kolek
Johnny Furphy

All names that I’d imagine would get a strong look from us.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#657 » by DayofMourning » Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 am

IceColdCubano wrote:"Greg Sylvander - Some early draft names that were floated to me today by someone I trust:"

Jared McCain
Tristan Da Silva
Devin Carter
Kyle Filipowski
Tyler Kolek
Johnny Furphy

Hes referencing the Heat message board. LEIF trusts us!
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,756

Post#658 » by twozeroMM » Fri May 10, 2024 12:35 am

Jared McCain
Tristan Da Silva
Devin Carter
Kyle Filipowski
Tyler Kolek
Johnny Furphy

If I could pick one player to have on the squad, it's jared. A perfect fit in every way.
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,248

Post#659 » by rate_ » Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 am

twozeroMM wrote:
Spoiler:

Jared McCain
Tristan Da Silva
Devin Carter
Kyle Filipowski
Tyler Kolek
Johnny Furphy

If I could pick one player to have on the squad, it's jared. A perfect fit in every way.

He will be gone before 15. Of the ones from the rest: da Silva
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#660 » by DayofMourning » Fri May 10, 2024 12:52 am

rate_ wrote:
twozeroMM wrote:
Spoiler:

Jared McCain
Tristan Da Silva
Devin Carter
Kyle Filipowski
Tyler Kolek
Johnny Furphy

He will be gone before 15. Of the ones from the rest: da Silva

I feel the same. McCain going top 10ish would not surprise.

Return to Miami Heat