ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,036

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#861 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:39 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
MiamiLoyal926 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Every year just seems to be some sort of what if.

2020: what if Bam and Dragic don’t get hurt in the finals

2021: we were screwed, shortest offseason ever

2022: what if Jimmy doesn’t get hurt, what about PJ Herro and Lowry

2023: what if Jimmy doesn’t get hurt, what if Herro doesn’t

2024: what if Jimmy Rozier JRich and Duncan aren’t hurt

It’s just always something, we can’t catch a break but we always find ourselves at the top (except we’re losing in 5 this series unfortunately). We need that next piece that tries in the regular season and is available to help Bam in getting us better postseason positioning. No play in this season means no Jimmy injury and I’m not taking any of these EC teams over a healthy Heat

Butterfly effect for sure! No play in might mean no injured Jimmy! Top seeding also means better chance of making it through even if we had early injuries in the playoffs allowing them to get. Healthy for later series. We just need better seeding and better effort throughout the season.

This is the Jimmy though were expecting, so were not expecting a healthy Jimmy surviving the regular season moving forward, the data says this team is flawed and injury prone at all positions. Whatever Build we go into were never really going to get the most out of it, with the current core, we just hope to survive long enough to get into the playoffs healthy. There's just way too many things that need correction just changing the one is not going to offset all our issues.

I still can't imagine in my mind a prolific scorer coming here and completely changing the landscape by 180 by the addition/deduction of replacing that said player with Herro. Its like I am going to forget how terrible our offensive sets are, half court offense is, and undersized we are, and how injury prone the rest of our roster is year in year out.

By this post, one can deduce that Jimmy is the current major problem then. Too big of a contract to give us any spending power, has injury concerns, and has adopted the coast-during-the-season mentality to not be as impactful for better seeding. Now, if he was riding a $20-30million contract the next two seasons, then it wouldn’t be so much of an issue. The reality is that we are strapped to his contract and if he is going to be an injury concern moving forward, then you are right, there is not much else we can do in terms of major trades.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,973

Post#862 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:12 pm

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
MiamiLoyal926 wrote:
Butterfly effect for sure! No play in might mean no injured Jimmy! Top seeding also means better chance of making it through even if we had early injuries in the playoffs allowing them to get. Healthy for later series. We just need better seeding and better effort throughout the season.

This is the Jimmy though were expecting, so were not expecting a healthy Jimmy surviving the regular season moving forward, the data says this team is flawed and injury prone at all positions. Whatever Build we go into were never really going to get the most out of it, with the current core, we just hope to survive long enough to get into the playoffs healthy. There's just way too many things that need correction just changing the one is not going to offset all our issues.

I still can't imagine in my mind a prolific scorer coming here and completely changing the landscape by 180 by the addition/deduction of replacing that said player with Herro. Its like I am going to forget how terrible our offensive sets are, half court offense is, and undersized we are, and how injury prone the rest of our roster is year in year out.

By this post, one can deduce that Jimmy is the current major problem then. Too big of a contract to give us any spending power, has injury concerns, and has adopted the coast-during-the-season mentality to not be as impactful for better seeding. Now, if he was riding a $20-30million contract the next two seasons, then it wouldn’t be so much of an issue. The reality is that we are strapped to his contract and if he is going to be an injury concern moving forward, then you are right, there is not much else we can do in terms of major trades.

We have a lot of problems that add to a big culmination of them, however the Jimmy thing is not helping. He is both a positive and detriment to the team from a construction standpoint, like you stated efficiency vs salary value. He takes up a big chunk, we almost are forced to have a tier 1A superstar which we don't have the assets for an exchange of that caliber and Bam as the pillar of the core.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,022

Post#863 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:24 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Our offensive sets struggle because our offense has a guy who can’t score without a screen leading the way in shot attempts and usage for the entire season when he should be 3rd, 4th with Rozier.

Watch herro closely tonight and track how many times he scores without a screen and scores just straight up beating his man off the dribble or hitting them with a dribble move into a pull up jumper because he was able to gain separation. Then watch Mitchell tomorrow night and see how drastic the difference is. The sets don’t matter much whenever you have the ball in the right players hands or not does. When you’re as skilled, fast, and explosive as Mitchell is you’re going to get several buckets on your own. Compare the massive difference in their passing as well. It’s all so night and day.

Our offense was quite a bit better without Herro this season because the ball is in the right players hands more and the other guys like Duncan just fit far better. You can find a Herro on damn near every team in the league, if you gave Jordan Clarkson the same usage and shot attempts he’s doing the same thing

It looks identical when Herro wasn't playing just saying, same with Rozier leading the point of attack with an injured Herro. It was like watching de ja vu. I don't need watch Herro, I know at this point, actually we all know at this point what he is, and his limitations. He doesn't have elite foot speed or Acceleration to gain advantages, he also doesn't have the craftiest of handles to juke his defenders either, he has mediocre vert and short wingspan which makes finishing at the rim difficult over defenders. We all get that, however its not like he isn't scoring at all they still find ways to free him up and he ins't a bad shooter from the 3pt either, there some metrics he excels at other players around the league don't but weve focused on making him a 3 level scorer that he isn't that's on the FO/Coaching staff. To be fair they included him in pretty much every trade offseason after bubble but nothing has materialized. I think you exaggerate a bit saying there's a Herro in every team, there's not, but he is lower in the tier level of stardom, like towards the bottom middle, which is why he is categorized at 3rd or 4th guy he is best served or 6th man.

Looks can be deceiving, the offense when Herro was out would rank 6th-7th best in the league.

I can definitely go through nearly each roster and find someone who would mirror Herros production (and probably be better defensively) if given his usage and shot attempts. I believe the way he plays is on the FO and him, spot up shooters don’t compare themselves to Luka and Trae Young
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,194

Post#864 » by AirP. » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 pm

Read on Twitter
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,236

Post#865 » by GopherIt! » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,194

Post#866 » by AirP. » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,891

Post#867 » by Shewasfly » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:00 am

Why can't we have young players we can make a franchise cornerstone like SGA and Ant? :cry:

Both these guys had the killer instinct to go for the jugular and SWEEP their opponents. Meanwhile we gotta beg Bam to attack and get shots up when they actually matter, and ask Tyler to shoot above 40% if its not too much trouble :(
:tiredJB:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,700

Post#868 » by DayofMourning » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:14 am

Shewasfly wrote:Why can't we have young players we can make a franchise cornerstone like SGA and Ant? :cry:

Both these guys had the killer instinct to go for the jugular and SWEEP their opponents. Meanwhile we gotta beg Bam to attack and get shots up when they actually matter, and ask Tyler to shoot above 40% if its not too much trouble :(

We dont have that dawg.

I love our young guys, but we need a killer.

None on the roster currently.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,947

Post#869 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:05 am

If Denver ends up losing this game they can point to those reggie jackson minutes
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,811

Post#870 » by Bishop45 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:28 am

Jamal Murray, a guy that hasn't made an All-Star game turns into Jordan in the Playoffs-- I'll have to explain this to my kids one day

Can't wait for the next series
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,098

Post#871 » by carnageta » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:34 am

Jamal Murray is who I hoped Tyler Herro would become
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,276

Post#872 » by oreon » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:35 am

carnageta wrote:Jamal Murray is who I hoped Tyler Herro would become

He's way bigger. Herro curse his luck had to be skinny and have short arms
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,098

Post#873 » by carnageta » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 am

oreon wrote:

Herro is about 1" - 1.5" taller, but Murray is a lankier specimen with insane athleticism. :nonono:
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,809

Post#874 » by powerball1373 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:59 am

carnageta wrote:
oreon wrote:

Herro is about 1" - 1.5" taller, but Murray is a lankier specimen with insane athleticism. :nonono:

Have you seen the Jamal Murray IG live video? :o
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,276

Post#875 » by oreon » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:10 am

Read on Twitter

End of an era
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,947

Post#876 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:09 am

Ingram in elimination game, 2-14 8 pts
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,973

Post#877 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:10 am

Minnesota vs Nuggets series is going to be Fire for sure. I think their the only team in the Timberwolves that have the size, defense, and star scorer to give the Nuggets a good run for their money.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,811

Post#878 » by Bishop45 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:21 am

Wonder if we'll be good enough to get one of these post-playoffs hit pieces

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,992

Post#879 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:03 pm

Could rest easy knowing the divas of the league are dropping one by one. Hopefully Celtics are next
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,022

Post#880 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:24 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Wonder if we'll be good enough to get one of these post-playoffs hit pieces

Read on Twitter

“Heat finish to the season leaves Herros future with the Heat in peril” would hit like crack in the 80s
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat