ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,088

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#1081 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:51 pm

Yea Donovan Mitchell sucks--right guys?

28 points; 50 points; and 38 point in last 3 games to close out a series. One of the best modern playoff scorers.

WHo would want that?

He's playing Miami out of the Mitchell sweepstakes right now.
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,824

Post#1082 » by Umbooki » Sun May 5, 2024 7:52 pm

Better luck next time, Orlando.

Stress-free basketball is dope.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,966

Post#1083 » by Kobewade11 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:55 pm

greg4012 wrote:Yea Donovan Mitchell sucks--right guys?

28 points; 50 points; and 38 point in last 3 games to close out a series. One of the best modern playoff scorers.

WHo would want that?

There may not be a sweepstakes. Until it happens its mostly fan fiction.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,085

Post#1084 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun May 5, 2024 7:58 pm

I’m sorry but I refuse to believe yall are this fuxking dense
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1085 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun May 5, 2024 8:00 pm

WHo would want that?

Absolutely clueless :lol:

One player showed up for us in the playoffs this year and fans wants to act like we should just pass on one of the better playoff risers in the league who is just now hitting his prime.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1086 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun May 5, 2024 8:04 pm

Basically a 1 man show against the 3rd best defense in the league, Mobley is ass and super overrated, Allen has been injured, and garland looks like Herro out there.
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1087 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:05 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:

WHo would want that?

Fan projection based off of him heading to the last year of his contract and being completely noncommittal to Cleveland long-term. He'll have control for the first time in his career, so fan projection makes some sense. But, the rosier Cleveland's current situation looks, the harder it'll be to get all sides to end it early.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,966

Post#1088 » by Kobewade11 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:07 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

WHo would want that?

Fan projection based off of him heading to the last year of his contract and being completely noncommittal to Cleveland long-term. He'll have control for the first time in his career, so fan projection makes some sense. But, the rosier Cleveland's current situation looks, the harder it'll be to get all sides to end it early.

Fair enough. They have a few pieces other teams might find attractive, I wouldn't rule out them making a trade that entices Mitchell to stay. TBD
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1089 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:10 pm

Here's some fan fiction to feed those losing hope though:

Mitchell loses to Boston in a hard fought series, but never really being on equal footing with Boston. NY embarrasses themselves against Boston in the ECF and lose a lot of the luster of the playoff run. Mitchell reflects and realizes he needs to find an organization and core that knows what it takes to beat the team currently running the Eastern Conference. Boston gets worked in finals (needed to add that for my own sake).

Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,996

Post#1090 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun May 5, 2024 8:43 pm

WHo would want that?

Yeah like we were ever in it :rolleyes:
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#1091 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun May 5, 2024 8:47 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

WHo would want that?

Still have yet to hear an answer why Cleveland would be interested in dealing with Miami with the existing history there
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1092 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:01 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:There may not be a sweepstakes. Until it happens its mostly fan fiction.

Still have yet to hear an answer why Cleveland would be interested in dealing with Miami with the existing history there

They might not be. And that would be petty but understandable.

They actually have dealt with Miami since the LeBron saga. They traded Wade back to Miami for a heavily-protected 2nd round pick in 2018.

All of this is hypothetical and based on speculation. But, teams are always in a compromised position when trying to get value for an impending free agent on the last year of his deal if that player has indicated they won't re-sign with the current team.

I wouldn't bet on a Mitchell trade happening for Miami. But, I'm not scared of entertaining the idea of it.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#1093 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun May 5, 2024 9:23 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

They actually have dealt with Miami since the LeBron saga. They traded Wade back to Miami for a heavily-protected 2nd round pick in 2018.

All of this is hypothetical and based on speculation. But, teams are always in a compromised position when trying to get value for an impending free agent on the last year of his deal if that player has indicated they won't re-sign with the current team.

I wouldn't bet on a Mitchell trade happening for Miami. But, I'm not scared of entertaining the idea of it.

Don’t think any time or energy should be wasted on him when New York is sitting there with simply more to offer and a likely willingness that he would resign there. The same arrogant attitude that Heat fans have about it’s Heat or nowhere is what gets us in these predicaments in the first place. Truly what have these optimistic hopes on landing a big fish actually got the Heat besides the big 3 going on 14 years ago
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1094 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:28 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:

Don’t think any time or energy should be wasted on him when New York is sitting there with simply more to offer and a likely willingness that he would resign there. The same arrogant attitude that Heat fans have about it’s Heat or nowhere is what gets us in these predicaments in the first place. Truly what have these optimistic hopes on landing a big fish actually got the Heat besides the big 3 going on 14 years ago

I think that's the right approach for you. What's the predicament on an individual level if you're at peace with it not happening? Why are you putting energy into it right now against your better judgement? Please don't worry about me.

If it's fear of how some handle hope unrealized, then I agree that any who get too worked up by it should proceed with caution.

There is definitely an inherent imbalance to being a sports fan where time and energy are being invested into something outside of the individual's control.

PS:

I think the fit with NY would be a mess and would be adding a player that is better than the impact he would have in that situation as Brunson and Mitchell will marginalize each other and make the Knicks defense worse by fielding 2 small guards in the backcourt. So, if the Miami dream can't happen, I like the idea of NY wasting their asset pool on Mitchell. But, I actually think NY is unfortunately being managed better than that under Leon Rose.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#1095 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun May 5, 2024 9:46 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

I think that's the right approach for you. What's the predicament on an individual level if you're at peace with it not happening? Why are you putting energy into it right now against your better judgement? Please don't worry about me.

If it's fear of how some handle hope unrealized, then I agree that any who get too worked up by it should proceed with caution.

There is definitely an inherent imbalance to being a sports fan where time and energy are being invested into something outside of the individual's control.

PS:

I think the fit with NY would be a mess and would be adding a player that is better than the impact he would have in that situation as Brunson and Mitchell will marginalize each other and make the Knicks defense worse by fielding 2 small guards in the backcourt. So, if the Miami dream can't happen, I like the idea of NY wasting their asset pool on Mitchell. But, I actually think NY is unfortunately being managed better than that under Leon Rose.

The problem is the posts about the Heat not doing enough when it’s the other team that doesn’t budge. You think the Blazers aren’t glad they didn’t take on Herro in any Lillard deal?
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1096 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun May 5, 2024 9:47 pm

greg4012 wrote:Here's some fan fiction to feed those losing hope though:

Mitchell loses to Boston in a hard fought series, but never really being on equal footing with Boston. NY embarrasses themselves against Boston in the ECF and lose a lot of the luster of the playoff run. Mitchell reflects and realizes he needs to find an organization and core that knows what it takes to beat the team currently running the Eastern Conference. Boston gets worked in finals (needed to add that for my own sake).

The last time Boston bounced us in the 1st round and then Cleveland in the 2nd you know what happened :o
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1097 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:48 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:

PS:

The problem is the posts about the Heat not doing enough when it’s the other team that doesn’t budge. You think the Blazers aren’t glad they didn’t take on Herro in any Lillard deal?

It sounds like your issue is wanting to police the fans. That's always an uphill climb...in the snow...while blindfolded...and towing a car on your back
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1098 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun May 5, 2024 9:50 pm

So seems to me our 2 biggest competitors for Mitchell is a team with another small guard who will either be neutered or neuter Mitchell due to being a horrible fit as we also see with Garland, and a horrible nets team that is nowhere near competing.

Mitchell getting this round was good for us, now he can show Pat what he can do against Boston to go along with what Pat already knows Jimmy Bam and Spo can do against Boston. This may make Pat more willing to come off an extra asset in negotiations instead of being an old stubborn bastard offering Herro and a 2nd take it or leave it
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1099 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun May 5, 2024 9:51 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:

PS:

They’re probably disappointed they didn’t get 2 sure thing young players in Jaime and Jovic to go with their young core along with our picks with a core featuring an older Jimmy and Dame or post Jimmy and Dame. Portland fuxked up
#FreeBam
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#1100 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun May 5, 2024 10:08 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

PS:

It sounds like your issue is wanting to police the fans. That's always an uphill climb...in the snow...while blindfolded...and towing a car on your back

Doesn’t matter either way. Maybe the Heat does need a philosophy change like some Heat fans seem to be clamoring for. Or at least I hope that’s the end goal for some of these chaps

Return to Miami Heat