ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,933

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#1821 » by Bishop45 » Sun May 19, 2024 12:22 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

There’s a possible buyer for pennies on the dollar. Not for some of the names getting thrown around on the board. Maybe two quality vets in their 30’s for a team looking to get younger.

WB was traded for quality players coming off a championship after being an albatross, Rudy for 6 picks after not being sought at all.

There's real possibility/opportunity for Herro. There always is
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,416

Post#1822 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun May 19, 2024 12:34 am

Guys until Mitchell either extends or is traded and then extends/signs long term next summer he is going to be talked about here so just get used to it or block it out. He grew up a Heat fan, his best friend plays for the Heat, he thought he was going to be traded here from Utah, and Wade is his mentor, he is going to be discussed quite often until it gets pushed back years away.

And if you’re saying we don’t have enough to get him (despite him being expiring and essentially being a free agent if that’s the route he chooses) then you’re admitting the following without just flat out coming and saying it:

1. Herro isn’t near as good as some Heat fans let on

2. Jaime and Jovic don’t have near the potential you all say (I’ve seen 25 PPG all star for Jaime and similar for Jovic :roll: )

3. The front office isn’t good at their job. Why haven’t they positioned us to be in a better place to get a disgruntled star when that’s always been what they preach? Why haven’t our draft picks developed to be good enough players that are coveted by other front offices? How many years now have we been saying this when it comes to our assets?

If that’s how you feel there’s nothing wrong with that but don’t be scared to speak up on it because you don’t want some backlash. You can’t say we don’t have enough but then put those guys on a pedestal or defend Pat for not having the assets to get it done, it’s just irony at that point.
#FreeBam
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81,064

Post#1823 » by DayofMourning » Sun May 19, 2024 12:35 am

Got to get our superstar fellas. Jimmy gave us superstar moments. Absolutely.

We need a top five player. Top five. Thats what gets you a chip.

Spurs got their future top fiver last year. We drafted ours 21 years ago.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 146,176

Post#1824 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun May 19, 2024 12:53 am

Bishop45 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

There’s a possible buyer for pennies on the dollar. Not for some of the names getting thrown around on the board. Maybe two quality vets in their 30’s for a team looking to get younger.

WB was traded for quality players coming off a championship after being an albatross, Rudy for 6 picks after not being sought at all.

There's real possibility/opportunity for Herro. There always is

Detroit Pistons
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1825 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun May 19, 2024 2:50 am

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,002

Post#1826 » by marson » Sun May 19, 2024 2:54 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

What impressed me most is not his shot making, but his pick and roll play. Bam would feast so hard.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1827 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun May 19, 2024 5:21 am

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

What impressed me most is not his shot making, but his pick and roll play. Bam would feast so hard.

Bams OKCs missing piece while we scramble looking for the next Bam in the draft, stay tuned.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1828 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 am

HIGHkey, especially with Giddey out of the picture
More than likely now OKC could really use a HERRO :o
#FreeBam
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,772

Post#1829 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun May 19, 2024 10:18 am

DayofMourning wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:It’s not that i think Pat is washed. I just think we are handcuffed due to previous trades that were made and some bad contracts that were given out. If we really want to be players in this star trade market we need a lot more than what we currently have.

For me this only happens if you trade Butler for picks. Our cap situation is also garbage as well. The reasons are right in front of your face on why we continue to lose out in these big deals.

The path to trading for Vucevic and Caruso seems alot more realistic considering both players are in their 30’s and Caruso is an upcoming free agent. The price for these players does not involve the magical draft pick trade hoops like some of these other proposed deals.

Man...I swear the more I hear the more I want to go full youth movement and rebuild...

What are we even doing at this point........

Yeah, until we get our alpha, this team is stuck on mid.

To me this off season it pretty simple :

1) If we can trade for Mitchell, you go all in :

Extend Jimmy, trade Herro/Rozier for fitting role players, draft a ready now rookie, etc.

2) If we can't trade for Mitchell - just let go of the rope :

Sell off anyone not named Bam/Jovic/Jamie.
Restock our picks arsenal,
Go full youth movement, give the young kids the reigns, big roles, lose a lot.
Draft top 5 next draft, add blue cheap talent (2025 pick is lottery protected).
Bounce back strong in 2025-2026, be a young up and coming healthy athletic team.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,297

Post#1830 » by SA37 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:30 am

wadenation305 wrote:
Spoiler:

Trae Wright
Butler Richardson
Ingram ???
Bam Highsmith
Valanciunas Love

This would be completely throwing away Miami's defensive identity. I can't imagine a trade like this would ever go down under Riley/Spoelstra.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,297

Post#1831 » by SA37 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:31 am

contract wrote:
SA37 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I mean we’ve seen what happens just by adding good functional role players like Tucker, Iguodala, and Crowder has done. Problem is we’ve been stuck by not having the money to pay such good role players beyond a year or two. We have 50 million tied up on Herro and Robinson alone. I think there would be more value in having 4 mid level style role players for that amount.

Tucker and Crowder will be available this summer, fwiw.

Tucker is 39 years old. We don't need to get older. And Tucker isn't a dummy. He's opting in on his player option.

If he could be acquired, Miami would not balk bc of his age. And yeah, he'll opt in, but he'll still be available for teams that can absorb him into cap space or for a filler and a 2nd or something cheap like that.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1832 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun May 19, 2024 10:39 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:HIGHkey, especially with Giddey out of the picture
More than likely now OKC could really use a HERRO :o

That would be a nice gift to us for OKC to let us off the hook for 30 mil per for the next 3 years but more likely then not they use the 12th pick in the draft on a guard and save themselves that money for a bigger more worthy player. They’ll have players like McCain, Knecht, Carter, Collier, and Walter to choose from at 12. Actually really hope they don’t snipe us for Carter now. Also keep in mind Trae Young is a OKC kid. Why not just go for him if his supposed price is so cheap if they want to use there cap space?

Read on Twitter
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1833 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun May 19, 2024 10:42 am

SA37 wrote:
contract wrote:
SA37 wrote:
Tucker and Crowder will be available this summer, fwiw.

Tucker is 39 years old. We don't need to get older. And Tucker isn't a dummy. He's opting in on his player option.

If he could be acquired, Miami would not balk bc of his age. And yeah, he'll opt in, but he'll still be available for teams that can absorb him into cap space or for a filler and a 2nd or something cheap like that.

Tucker will opt in and get bought out mid season. Nobody is trading anything for last leg Tucker. He gave us his all during that year and the cliff dive was heavy after. We got his last hurrah
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,266

Post#1834 » by greg4012 » Sun May 19, 2024 12:07 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Considering Chicago’s very big Serbian community I could see them gushing at the chance of getting someone like Jovic in a possible rebuild. Between Herro and Jovic I feel like we have the basis of getting something big done with the Bulls. Whether it be straight up or involving a third team. For me Chicago’s non existent window has closed and that means cashing in on players like Vucevic and Caruso for younger players on there new time line.

The idea of trading Jovic to add a 34-year old Vucevic that would basically be a reg season player and no more than a 16 min per game player in any Heat playoff run is vomit-inducing
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1835 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun May 19, 2024 12:51 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Considering Chicago’s very big Serbian community I could see them gushing at the chance of getting someone like Jovic in a possible rebuild. Between Herro and Jovic I feel like we have the basis of getting something big done with the Bulls. Whether it be straight up or involving a third team. For me Chicago’s non existent window has closed and that means cashing in on players like Vucevic and Caruso for younger players on there new time line.

The idea of trading Jovic to add a 34-year old Vucevic that would basically be a reg season player and no more than a 16 min per game player in any Heat playoff run is vomit-inducing

Yeah we can throw this one into the toilet. I've moved on to the more younger Stewart from Detroit as a possible big man. I was really just running with the idea of having a big like Vucevic next to Bam who can do all the things that have been lacking but yeah he's 34 and probably heading into the Kevin Love realm.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,452

Post#1836 » by Wiltside » Sun May 19, 2024 12:56 pm

Jovic > Beef Stew. And I actually like Beef Stew.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1837 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun May 19, 2024 12:57 pm

Wiltside wrote:Jovic > Beef Stew. And I actually like Beef Stew.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have Stew rotate in and out with Bam and Jovic? Maybe we can pull Stewart using Herro. Stewart is exactly the big you want shadowing Jovic when Bam has to sit.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1838 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun May 19, 2024 1:13 pm

Herro for Stewart and Ivey anyone?
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1839 » by DayofMourning » Sun May 19, 2024 2:32 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Herro for Stewart and Ivey anyone?

Id do it. Ivey needs to be unlocked so he can level up. Hes a beautiful piece of clay.

Stewart gives you your enforcer.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1840 » by DayofMourning » Sun May 19, 2024 2:33 pm

Out with the old. In with the new. It was a fun 5 years. Lets shift gears and build something new.

Return to Miami Heat