ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,850

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#1381 » by Rapaz » Sat May 11, 2024 1:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Butler won’t like this if he doesn’t get his.

There’s trouble brewing in paradise and Mama Gayle is ready to pounce.

McCollum and Nance will love Sauf Beech.

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,338

Post#1382 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 11, 2024 1:46 pm

marson wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
I was MJ all day up until a couple seasons ago, what LeBron has done at 40 is just unreal. This dude has been dominating the league for more than half of his life.

Yea talent is super different, LeBron is simply just the bigger stronger faster more skilled player between the 2. It’s not a diss to MJ, it just is what it is at this point.

What wild is, health permitting and if he can win championships Wemby is probably going to make all the MJ/LeBron debates all these years irrelevant lol

Lebron is on roids

and just because he's playing at 40 doesn't make his peak greater than MJ's

like what.

I hate the fact that we have MJ's jersey displayed in the rafters at the Heat stadium, but as a child of the 90s who witnessed his second three-peat, I firmly believe he's the GOAT. LeBron's losses in 2011, 2014, and against the Warriors are etched in my memory, making it impossible for me to rank him above MJ. Given the choice, I'd trust Jordan to take the last shot for my life over LeBron without hesitation.

You hold him losing against the most stacked team ever against him? In my mind KD is still ring less lol. 2014 as much as I hate to say it was probably mainly on Wade, his knees were cooked after 4 long postseason runs. I hold 2011 against him, make me sick to this day because it would’ve been 4 championships and 2 FMVPs for Wade but the others don’t hold much weight imo
#FreeBam
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#1383 » by Enso » Sat May 11, 2024 2:04 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
marson wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Lebron is on roids

like what.

I hate the fact that we have MJ's jersey displayed in the rafters at the Heat stadium, but as a child of the 90s who witnessed his second three-peat, I firmly believe he's the GOAT. LeBron's losses in 2011, 2014, and against the Warriors are etched in my memory, making it impossible for me to rank him above MJ. Given the choice, I'd trust Jordan to take the last shot for my life over LeBron without hesitation.

You hold him losing against the most stacked team ever against him? In my mind KD is still ring less lol. 2014 as much as I hate to say it was probably mainly on Wade, his knees were cooked after 4 long postseason runs. I hold 2011 against him, make me sick to this day because it would’ve been 4 championships and 2 FMVPs for Wade but the others don’t hold much weight imo

He was definitely hobbled that last year but I don’t put most of the blame on him. Was the whole teams / coaching staffs fault. Once they got punched in the face with that ball movement they folded. They were almost up 2-0 going home if it wasn’t for the ac game. They also looked pretty damn good the first 3 rounds. Also no credit taken away from the spurs they were possessed.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1384 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 11, 2024 4:17 pm

Read on Twitter

I wonder if he’ll accept the 3 year $165M or try for all nba next year knowing we don’t win regular season accolades because we don’t take the regular season serious
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1385 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 11, 2024 4:19 pm

Read on Twitter

We know he sucks but it seems he may have more value than we think, get it done Patrick!!!
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,259

Post#1386 » by AirP. » Sat May 11, 2024 4:43 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

We know he sucks but it seems he may have more value than we think, get it done Patrick!!!

If Miami could get something like those 2 out of Herro and an asset (I'd need a solid draft asset if they want Jovic, not giving up Jaquez Jr, he takes Butler's spot down the road), I think you have to do it. One of the reasons Brooklyn could do something like this is because Johnson could be overpaid and Thomas only has 1 more year on current contract and Brooklyn may not be interested in paying him long term.

You're looking at a much better Miami roster with a couple of retentions from the current roster.

PG - Rozier, D.Wright
SG - Robinson, C.Thomas (scoring 6th man, trying to develop him to be the starter)
SF - Butler, Jaquez Jr. (Jaquez Jr to eventually take the Butler spot in the starting lineup)
PF - C.Johnson, Jovic/Love
C - Bam, Love/Jovic

Really like that group without adding a top tier talent in the offseason and with this much younger talent, you could possibly create a more competitive package in the next 12 months to bring in a new #1.

If Miami keeps it's #1 pick this year, they really need to end up with a younger PG they can have developed to go as a starter in 2-3 years.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1387 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 11, 2024 4:58 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,986

Post#1388 » by DayofMourning » Sat May 11, 2024 5:35 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

https://www.espn.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/paceFactor

2nd slowest.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,181

Post#1389 » by eddieheatfan » Sat May 11, 2024 8:29 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

https://www.espn.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/paceFactor

2nd slowest.

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,181

Post#1390 » by eddieheatfan » Sat May 11, 2024 8:31 pm

Rapaz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Butler won’t like this if he doesn’t get his.

There’s trouble brewing in paradise and Mama Gayle is ready to pounce.

McCollum and Nance will love Sauf Beech.

HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Post#1391 » by HeatFan_NC » Sat May 11, 2024 8:35 pm

We don't need to bring in a superstar. There are some serviceable guys out there that could use a change of scenery and be difference makers that put us over the top. Look at what an average Derrick White has become in Boston's system, or what KCP and Reggie Jackson are doing for DEN. Look how Naz Reid is helping MIN. Look at Brunson for the Knicks and Haliburton for the Pacers...some guys just need a change in order to become great. Herro might benefit from such a change. The following could be assets that help us out:

1. Andrew Wiggins
2. Norman Powell
3. Jerami Grant
4. Malcolm Brogdon
5. John Collins
6. Cam Jordan
7. DeAndre Hunter
8. Dejounte Murray
9. Bruce Brown
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,062

Post#1392 » by Kobewade11 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

HeatFan_NC wrote:We don't need to bring in a superstar. There are some serviceable guys out there that could use a change of scenery and be difference makers that put us over the top. Look at what an average Derrick White has become in Boston's system, or what KCP and Reggie Jackson are doing for DEN. Look how Naz Reid is helping MIN. Look at Brunson for the Knicks and Haliburton for the Pacers...some guys just need a change in order to become great. Herro might benefit from such a change. The following could be assets that help us out:

1. Andrew Wiggins
2. Norman Powell
3. Jerami Grant
4. Malcolm Brogdon
5. John Collins
6. Cam Jordan
7. DeAndre Hunter
8. Dejounte Murray
9. Bruce Brown

In the case of Boston, Denver, and Minnesota they have something we lack which is two volume scorers..guys that can do it inside and outside the arch. It makes it easier for the role guys you mentioned to come in and just play their role. I'd argue Brunson and Haliburton were already great players that just needed to be in situations where they could be the featured ball handler.

From that list of players, Wiggins and Grant stick out as the 'type' of players we should be looking at. Taller, multi-faceted guys. To a lesser degree Hunter, he'll be 27 at the end of this year and appears to be at his ceiling. With the addition of Rozier I'm kind of turned off from looking at any small guards. 6 - Cam Thomas or Cam Johnson?
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,237

Post#1393 » by Flash4thewin » Sat May 11, 2024 9:33 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

The key here is its scouts being asked that question. If it was GM you would see the complete opposite because they have to factor salary. Thats why scouts are scouts and GMs are GMs.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,002

Post#1394 » by KingDavid » Sat May 11, 2024 11:51 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Those guys are not good company to be mentioned with at Herro's salary and his "I'm up there with Luka & Trae" mindset...
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,910

Post#1395 » by Bishop45 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:52 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trae will change that
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Hoops3355
Senior
And1: 276

Post#1396 » by Hoops3355 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:44 am

HeatFan_NC wrote:We don't need to bring in a superstar. There are some serviceable guys out there that could use a change of scenery and be difference makers that put us over the top. Look at what an average Derrick White has become in Boston's system, or what KCP and Reggie Jackson are doing for DEN. Look how Naz Reid is helping MIN. Look at Brunson for the Knicks and Haliburton for the Pacers...some guys just need a change in order to become great. Herro might benefit from such a change. The following could be assets that help us out:

1. Andrew Wiggins
2. Norman Powell
3. Jerami Grant
4. Malcolm Brogdon
5. John Collins
6. Cam Jordan
7. DeAndre Hunter
8. Dejounte Murray
9. Bruce Brown

I don't think a single one of those dudes are plus rebounders. We legit lost so many games because of our trash rebounding.
Miami / Chicago / London
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,385

Post#1397 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun May 12, 2024 7:16 am

marson wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
I was MJ all day up until a couple seasons ago, what LeBron has done at 40 is just unreal. This dude has been dominating the league for more than half of his life.

Yea talent is super different, LeBron is simply just the bigger stronger faster more skilled player between the 2. It’s not a diss to MJ, it just is what it is at this point.

What wild is, health permitting and if he can win championships Wemby is probably going to make all the MJ/LeBron debates all these years irrelevant lol

Lebron is on roids

like what.

really? thats your only reason

because all I have to do is watch game tape to clearly see who is better.

nevermind the fact MJ craps all over him in accolades and accomplishments in a shorter amount of time.

lebron doesnt belong in GOAT conversations. the discussion is ridiculous. he never once dominated the league. never. his 2009 MVP was a sham because it should have gone to Dwayne Wade. at what point was lebron just dominating the nba? never happened. MJ dominated the league. Shaq dominated the league for a short time. Jokic is dominating the league now. Lebron, never.

he got some cheap easy rings by stacking teams, while averaging 26~ppg for 20 years and avoiding injury.

his post up game is suspect
his pull up jumper is trash

During the big 3 era, before Wade's knees caught up to him, lebron was exposed as the 2nd best player on the Heat, after Wade. We all know it.

and his drives to the basket wouldn't work in MJ's era, when bigs actually waited in the paint... before they instituted the defensive 3 second rule in 2001. lebron would just pass it back out because he is not a dominant scorer. whereas MJ was.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,385

Post#1398 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun May 12, 2024 7:27 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:lebron against little dudes with his skillset

Wade is a better man than most. Cost him a chip, a finals MVP, and made him 'hand the keys over' on his own franchise.

Just quote me lil buddy, point still stands. NBA players today are for more skilled than they were back then, nothing wrong with admitting that

lebron is karl malone if karl malone had team hopped conspiring to build multiple stacked teams.

want to know why lebron always passes the ball in the 4th crunch time?

because he isn't skilled enough to be offensively dominant in those scenarios. that's why he passes to the open guy.

Jordan would get doubled too, still scored in the clutch, because MJ was MJ. lebron aint him.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,744

Post#1399 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun May 12, 2024 11:37 am

Oh man this offseason gonna be rough
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,967

Post#1400 » by dshearn » Sun May 12, 2024 11:40 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
marson wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Lebron is on roids

like what.

really? thats your only reason

because all I have to do is watch game tape to clearly see who is better.

nevermind the fact MJ craps all over him in accolades and accomplishments in a shorter amount of time.

lebron doesnt belong in GOAT conversations. the discussion is ridiculous. he never once dominated the league. never. his 2009 MVP was a sham because it should have gone to Dwayne Wade. at what point was lebron just dominating the nba? never happened. MJ dominated the league. Shaq dominated the league for a short time. Jokic is dominating the league now. Lebron, never.

he got some cheap easy rings by stacking teams, while averaging 26~ppg for 20 years and avoiding injury.

his post up game is suspect
his pull up jumper is trash

During the big 3 era, before Wade's knees caught up to him, lebron was exposed as the 2nd best player on the Heat, after Wade. We all know it.

and his drives to the basket wouldn't work in MJ's era, when bigs actually waited in the paint... before they instituted the defensive 3 second rule in 2001. lebron would just pass it back out because he is not a dominant scorer. whereas MJ was.

strange way to say MJ would not defer to Mario Chalmers with the series on the line.....

Return to Miami Heat