HUGE but fair? trade...

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

magicfanejc42
Analyst
And1: 23

HUGE but fair? trade... 

Post#1 » by magicfanejc42 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:21 pm

Can't be completed til Jan 20, 08..

Orlando Trades:

Carlos Arroyo(expiring)
Tony Battie
Keith Bogans(opt out)
Pat Garrity(expiring w/ trade kicker. [plus 400k]
James Augustine ( expiring )
Brian Cook
Fran V. (Prospect)
08 first
10 first

Orlando Recieves:
Michael Redd
Al Harrington

Milwaukee Trades:

Michael Redd
Desmond Mason
08 second

Milwaukee recieves:

Mikael Pietrus
Tony Battie
Keith Bogans(opt out)
Pat Garrity(expiring w/ trade kicker. - waived[plus 400k]
James Augustine ( expiring )-waived
Brian Cook
08 first
10 first

Golden State Trades:
Al Harrington
Mikael Pietrus

Golden State Recieves:

Carlos Arroyo(expiring)
Desmond Mason
Fran V.
08 second

Now beofre you flame me, sometimes I'm just a homer, and I think I am msot likely being one right now.. I am kind of desperate for my team to improve. So, If it's terrible..Just say it.

Why for Milwaukee? They are seemingly rebuilding all of a sudden. This trade gives them close to $11 mil in expirings. 2 firsts. Cook and Battie are to help with cap needs. Battie also expiries after next year. Cook's contract may be long but it is small.

Why for Goldenstate? They get another PG whom they really only need to rent out for the year. And a 2/3 to help them run the floor. Mason, is athletic and is built for that.

Why for Orlando? They get the best 2 players in the deal, but they also give up alot. They give up their starting 2 guard who can play very good defense and is a decent threee point shooter. A good hustle player and defender in Evans, Battie whom is a team leader and 2 first rounders. They also give out almost a total of 20 mil in expirings. Harrington brings them that muych needed help at PF and Redd brings them the starting 2 they most desperately need.

Orlando's roster

Nelson/Dooling/Small time FA
Redd/JJ
Hedo/Evans
Lewis/Harrington
Dwight/Foyle/ Gortat /Small time FA for LLE. (Webber/Fortson/ Olowakandi.)

Milwaukee's roster

Williams/Bell/Sessions
Pietrus/Bogans/Ivey/Storey(waived)
Simmons/Noel
Yi/Cook/Villanueva/Augustine(waived)/Garrity(Waived)
Bogut/Gadzuric/Voskuhl

Golden State's roster

Davis/Arroyo/Husdon
Ellis/Mason/Bellinelli
Jackson/Azubuike
Barnes/Wright/Croshere
Biedrins/O'bryant/Mbenga/Perovic

Terrible?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,353

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:23 pm

Why wouldnt we just trade Mason and an expiring (Vohskul) for Harrington ourselves and lef toyu keep your **** for Redd?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#3 » by RoxFan08 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:24 pm

Terrible. Orlando gets the two best players without giving up anything even remotely resembling value. Those 1sts are going to be lower 20s, at the worst.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:24 pm

So we trade Redd and all we get back are two late 1st's, a few expirings but we have to take on Battie's nasty deal? Pass.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
magicfanejc42
Analyst

Post#5 » by magicfanejc42 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:26 pm

trwi7 wrote:So we trade Redd and all we get back are two late 1st's, a few expirings but we have to take on Battie's nasty deal? Pass.

I understand it's lopsided..But Battie's deal is actually GOOD for you...It expires after next year.. and that's near 7 mil off the books..
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#6 » by CAE15 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:26 pm

Orlando gets rid of pure garbage for redd and AL? yeah no. nobody gets value besides orlando here, IMHO. Mason in the warriors system would produce but al is as close to a backup big that team has.
magicfanejc42
Analyst

Post#7 » by magicfanejc42 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:26 pm

I also edited the trade a bit...
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:27 pm

Terrible, terrible deal for the Bucks. If we are giving up Redd for that ****, we better be dumping a bad contract like Simmons or Gadz in the process. Instead we take one on in Battie? :crazy:
Simulack
RealGM

Post#9 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:28 pm

magicfanejc42 wrote:I understand it's lopsided..But Battie's deal is actually GOOD for you...It expires after next year.. and that's near 7 mil off the books..

According to Hoopshype, he has two years left on his contract after this.

2007/2008: $5,200,000
2008/2009: $5,746,000
2009/2010: $6,292,000

No thanks.
magicfanejc42
Analyst

Post#10 » by magicfanejc42 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:28 pm

See Orlando can't do much n getting a big time FA.. I tried. But in order to get we have to give.. But in all honesty the best we have to give is Dwight and Hedo..Neither or which do we want to trade.

Lewis is really worthless and Nelson as well.

All we have are expirings. so, It was just an attempt to grab at players taht are being shopped.. that's it. Oh well..I mean I don't know if you noticed but after that trade, the Magic are down to bring 1 to 2 deep at each position..That's horrid.

Thanks for the feed back
magicfanejc42
Analyst

Post#11 » by magicfanejc42 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:31 pm

Simulack wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

According to Hoopshype, he has two years left on his contract after this.

2007/2008: $5,200,000
2008/2009: $5,746,000
2009/2010: $6,292,000

No thanks.

I must have read somewhere else, I didn't realize it was that long...See, this is why it sucks to be a magic fan....Our GMs always friggin suck and leave the team no wiggle room...It's terrible...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#12 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:31 pm

magicfanejc42 wrote:See Orlando can't do much n getting a big time FA.. I tried. But in order to get we have to give.. But in all honesty the best we have to give is Dwight and Hedo..Neither or which do we want to trade.

Lewis is really worthless and Nelson as well.

All we have are expirings. so, It was just an attempt to grab at players taht are being shopped.. that's it. Oh well..I mean I don't know if you noticed but after that trade, the Magic are down to bring 1 to 2 deep at each position..That's horrid.

Thanks for the feed back

Those players shouldnt be on an NBA team let alone seeing time on the floor with the exception of Bogans.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#13 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:35 pm

magicfanejc42 wrote:I must have read somewhere else, I didn't realize it was that long...See, this is why it sucks to be a magic fan....Our GMs always friggin suck and leave the team no wiggle room...It's terrible...

The Magic just had the biggest FA signing of the off-season. You can't expect to have cap room every season. Most teams have some bad contracts. Battie isn't nearly as bad as Bobby Simmons for instance.

Shut up with the "it sucks to be a magic fan" stuff; you have Dwight Howard. Try having Bogut be your #1 pick and watching him for 2 1/2 years and you'll know when it really sucks to be a fan of a team. :P
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#14 » by CAE15 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:35 pm

magicfanejc42 wrote:I also edited the trade a bit...

its not that that the bucks dont get enough persay(even they dont, dont hate buck fans), its that the magic dotn give up anything of any talent and hit the jackpot, to get redd you need to lose turk at least.
magicfanejc42
Analyst

Post#15 » by magicfanejc42 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:36 pm

Battie? Evans? Arroyo? Cook? (Maybe Cook..)

Augustine has been in the league 1 1/3 yrs and he doesn't deserve to be here??....

I see it's lopsided, but my god, don't be that dumb about it.

Don't forget, I wasn't doing this for you to get fair statistical value, I was doing it toward Financial value for Mil..I was incorrect on Battie's number and that REALLY messes the whole thing up..

From what I have read, it seems Mil is trying to start over, and this is kind ofa way to get started.. Simmons stll has value in the NBA but Gadz is going to be harder to trade than Pat Garrity with a torn ACL and a 9 year contract worht 200 mil..
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#16 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:48 pm

magicfanejc42 wrote:Battie? Evans? Arroyo? Cook? (Maybe Cook..)

Can Battie even walk?
Evans isnt even in the deal.
Arroyo I must have forgotten.
Cook is terrible, wouldnt play 1 minute on any team with a decent PF.
All garrity can do is shoot, can he even do it consistently?
magicfanejc42
Analyst

Post#17 » by magicfanejc42 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:00 pm

RingtheBell wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Can Battie even walk?- Battie had shoulder surgery...Evans isnt even in the deal.- he was but I changed the deal, my bad.Arroyo I must have forgotten.
Cook is terrible, wouldnt play 1 minute on any team with a decent PF.
All garrity can do is shoot, can he even do it consistently?- Garrity is a very efficient shooter and given an opportunity can knock them down.

Return to Trades and Transactions