TOR/SAC

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

TOR/SAC 

Post#1 » by Crimson King » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:05 pm

Kings outgoing/Raptors incoming: Brad Miller, Beno Udrih
Raptors outgoing/Kings incoming: Jose Calderon, Rasho Nesterovic

Toronto Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +10.5 ppg, +4.6 rpg, and -1.6 apg.
Incoming Players
Beno Udrih
6-3 PG from Slovenia (Foreign)
13.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 4.4 apg in 34.2 minutes
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
13.2 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 3.0 apg in 35.3 minutes
Outgoing Players
Jose Calderon
6-3 PG from Spain (Foreign)
11.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 8.1 apg in 28.5 minutes
Rasho Nesterovic
7-0 C from Slovenia (Foreign)
4.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 18.0 minutes

For the Raptors
I think Brad Miller would be a good C to go with Bosh, and he is playing much better this year. Udrih is playing at a good level, and I don't know if resign Calderon is the best option for the Raptors (of course if TJ Ford stays healthy).

For the Kings
Finally get a pass first PG. Brad Miller is playing very well this season, but Nesterovic contract expires next year, and I've read again Petrie still wants to be under the cap after the 08/09 season.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:10 pm

Kings fans are going to crush you and rightfully so.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
chriswebb86
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by chriswebb86 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:11 pm

Kings dont even pick up the phone.
Crimson King
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Crimson King » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:18 pm

trwi7 wrote:Kings fans are going to crush you and rightfully so.

And Raptors fans probably too, that's the dynamic in the 99% of the trade proposals. But you find some decent posts occasionally.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,454

Post#5 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:19 pm

Kings decline...Kings could get a better offer than this...Especially how Miller/Beno are playing...
bluestar
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Post#6 » by bluestar » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:20 pm

Kings can keep Miller and his inflated contract. Calderon is very valuable to the Raps and is needed much more than another outside shooting C. We already have that in Bargs. Thanks but no thanks!
CalderCup wrote:

Our second unit has some ballers. House, TA, Posey, Scal, Powe. That's a good line-up, lol. That squad is better than some starting 5's elsewhere in the league.
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 728

Post#7 » by TGM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:22 pm

trwi7 wrote:Kings fans are going to crush you and rightfully so.

I'm assuming that you haven't seen Calderon play much.

Udrih is good, but Calderon is better and more consistent.

Miller and Rasho, I think is a wash. Since Miller's contract is bigger and longer. Miller is also more prone to injury, which can make his contract a potential huge liability.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#8 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:28 pm

TGM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Miller and Rasho, I think is a wash. Since Miller's contract is bigger and longer. Miller is also more prone to injury, which can make his contract a potential huge liability.

1. I've seen Calderon play.

2. I never said Udrih is better than Calderon.

3. The difference between Miller and Nesterovic is much greater than the difference between Udrih and Calderon.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Crimson King
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by Crimson King » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:29 pm

Of course Calderon is better, but in the trade I see Calderon as the starting PG for the Kings, and Udrih as a good back up for TJ Ford (again, not sure if resign Calderon for 8 mill/year as a back up PG is the right decision for the Raptors)
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#10 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:30 pm

:rofl:

No, Miller is better than Rasho...
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,150

Post#11 » by positivetension » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:38 pm

kingsfan10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl:

No, Miller is better than Rasho...

Miller is 31, he will not be part of our longterm plans. He also has 3yrs/33mill remaining on his contract, Rasho is a much cheaper alternative.

As a Toronto fan it's an easy no.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#12 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:43 pm

positivetension wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Miller is 31, he will not be part of our longterm plans. He also has 3yrs/33mill remaining on his contract, Rasho is a much cheaper alternative.

Miller could really help Toronto like spacing out the floor, spreading the offense, passes to the cutters, hit the open J, and etc... Miller is simply better than Rasho...

Eh, his deal is not great but at least he is playing his best ball since his allstar times....
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,463

Post#13 » by rpa » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:47 pm

positivetension wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Given how they've played this year calling Rash a "cheaper alternative" to Miller is like calling New York (of the reality show, not the city) a "cheaper alternative" to Beyonce.

At least with Udrih/Calderon they're both good young PGs. Rasho is absolute GARBAGE and you're paying him only 1 less year than Miller.
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,150

Post#14 » by positivetension » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:57 pm

rpa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Given how they've played this year calling Rash a "cheaper alternative" to Miller is like calling New York (of the reality show, not the city) a "cheaper alternative" to Beyonce.

At least with Udrih/Calderon they're both good young PGs. Rasho is absolute GARBAGE and you're paying him only 1 less year than Miller.

Yeah, but I see Calderon as a core piece. Beno and Brad, not so much.
yo momma
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#15 » by yo momma » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:59 pm

rpa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

wow man
I am no rasho fan, but I can tell you that he is definatly not garbage, he acxtually plays defense unlike Miller, and his contract is also shorter
Anyway I actually like Miller, but not for the raptors, because his offensive game is similar to rasho's(even though it is still 10 times better) and rasho's offense does not fit into ther raptors system,so neither will millers
Crimson King
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by Crimson King » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:04 pm

I think people immediately associate Brad Miller = bad contract. They forget he is a good player (last season he was awful though). And if the salary is so important, only two points:

- Rasho makes 7.8 this year and 8.4 next year. This season: 4pts 4rbs, career: 6.8 and 5.5. He is a cheaper option, that's true.

- Toronto will be the team with the highest paid back up PG in the league. Of course he is starting caliber, but the fact is he'll be a back up for Ford. Is nice to have a Calderon level back up at 2.5 mill, not so good at 8 per year. Think about Nocioni, it's the same, but Deng and Nocioni can play together, Calderon and Ford can't.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,463

Post#17 » by rpa » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:04 pm

yo momma wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

wow man
I am no rasho fan, but I can tell you that he is definatly not garbage, he acxtually plays defense unlike Miller, and his contract is also shorter
Anyway I actually like Miller, but not for the raptors, because his offensive game is similar to rasho's(even though it is still 10 times better) and rasho's offense does not fit into ther raptors system,so neither will millers

Miller's been playing pretty decent defense this year. He's even blocking and challenging shots.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#18 » by zong » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:34 pm

Miller is better than Rasho (not tons, just better), but Jose is better than Beno (again, not tons, just better)

lateral move, so Toronto says no thanks, we're looking for a SF/SG or C thats not leaving his prime if we're moving Jose
Mr. Perfect
Analyst
And1: 1,332

Post#19 » by Mr. Perfect » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:40 pm

Ok, that's nice of you Kings fans to say you won't even pick up the phone, because the Raptors would never come with the call anyways.

We're not trading Jose Calderon away for Brad Miller...
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#20 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:09 pm

Toronto would not want Brad Miller for this price. I mean he's better then Rasho as a offensive player but the box score whoring needs to stop. Rasho does the small things like contest and block/alter shots. Look at some of the performences he has held Dwight Howard and company to.

Rasho also comes off the books one year earlier as opposed to Miller, Miller is also too offensivly (sp) minded where as Rasho is a better defensive player. Beno is having what one good year and he somehow has great value look at the history of "contract year" players ie Mike James, Jerome James, Brian Scalbrine etc. We are not going to trade Calderon for a guy who has been playing 1 great year of basketball.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to Trades and Transactions