DAL/GS/CLE

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

sdot.mc
Senior
And1: 0

DAL/GS/CLE 

Post#1 » by sdot.mc » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:30 pm

Dallas trades
Devin Harris, Josh Howard, Jason Terry, Erik Dampier
receives
Baron Davis, Andris Biedrins, Al Harrington, Zydrunas Illgauskas

Golden State trades
Baron Davis, Andris Biedrins, Al Harrington, Michael Pietrus
receives
Josh Howard, Devin Harris, Drew Gooden, 1st round swap

Cleveland trades
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Drew Gooden, 1st round swap
receives
Jason Terry, Erik Dampier, Mickael Pietrus

Dallas gets a sidekick for Dirk who can lead. They get to make a run at the title with a veteran type team and some new centers to create space for Dirk. Biedrins also covers his defensive problems.

Golden state gets the best player in the trade in my opinion, in Howard. They play Harris/Ellis/Jackson/Howard together and run a lot with a forward approach. Nelson loves 6'8 versatile guys and this team would rely on them.

In Terry Cleveland gets a guy who can take some of the load off Lebron and play the 2 sometimes with Gibson. They get a good young swingman to pair with Lebron as well.

Cleveland and Dallas would need to exchange between 1 and 2 million worth of throw ins to complete this deal.
thaAteam
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by thaAteam » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:33 pm

the mavs say hell no, they get raped with no vasoline
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#3 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:43 pm

thaAteam wrote:the mavs say hell no, they get raped with no vasoline
:crazy:

Davis=Terry and Howard
Biedrins=Harris
Z>>>Dampier
Harrington>>>nothing

Cavs decline, BTW. A Varejao/Dampier starting frontcourt? Woohoo!
supertruck97
Veteran
And1: 225

Post#4 » by supertruck97 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:43 pm

Actually, I think value-wise the Mavs make out pretty well.

Davis > Harris
Jet = Harrington
Howard > Biedrins
Z > Dampier

The problem is, how do the pieces fit with what they have?

They woudl have a line-up of:

PG: Davis
SG: Stack
SF: Harrington?
PF: Dirk
C: Z/Beans

That's not an improvement (Because of fit) over their current lineup.
Rand10
Starter
And1: 39

Post#5 » by Rand10 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:45 pm

Dallas is not looking to blow it up, especially for a bunch of Golden State players. That would go over real well in Mavs land.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#6 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:46 pm

thaAteam wrote:the mavs say hell no, they get raped with no vasoline

Raped? The Warriors get gang-banged (also with no vasoline). Gota be $hitting me. Somebody musta woke up after a wet dream and decided to start writing.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by crzy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:52 pm

Why would Dallas and Golden State switch teams? :crazy: :crazy:
crzy
Lead Assistant

Re: DAL/GS/CLE 

Post#8 » by crzy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:53 pm

sdot.mc wrote:Golden state gets the best player in the trade in my opinion, in Howard.

You're out of your mind if you think Josh Howard is better than Baron Davis. :crazy:
Realmavsman
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by Realmavsman » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:00 pm

It's not terrible for any team but it is not going to happen.

Baron Davis >> Devin Harris (For now)
Howard > Harrington
Terry > Biedrens
Illgauskas > Dampier

So for the Mavs it is not a bad deal.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#10 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:27 pm

Realmavsman wrote:It's not terrible for any team but it is not going to happen.

Howard > Harrington
Terry << Biedrens
Illgauskas > Dampier

And I'm being kind. Terry is old, expensive, has a terrible contract, is not a good defender and can barely start on the Mavs.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Realmavsman
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by Realmavsman » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:43 pm

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
And I'm being kind. Terry is old, expensive, has a terrible contract, is not a good defender and can barely start on the Mavs.

Terry is 29 which is not old. He is not a good defender but he is a great shooter even if he has not shown it much lately. He is still shooting 47.5 % from the floor and 43% from 3-pt range. Sorry but I don't think Biedrens is anything special. He is a nice fit on the Warriors but he is another big guy who is long and can get some rebounds and some blocks but he can only score from inside 5 ft from the basket.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#12 » by turk3d » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:00 am

Realmavsman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Terry is 29 which is not old. He is not a good defender but he is a great shooter even if he has not shown it much lately. He is still shooting 47.5 % from the floor and 43% from 3-pt range. Sorry but I don't think Biedrens is anything special. He is a nice fit on the Warriors but he is another big guy who is long and can get some rebounds and some blocks but he can only score from inside 5 ft from the basket.

Yeah, only about 10 boards a game, highest field goal percentage in the league at over 64%, only makes 2.6 Mil (compared to Terry's 8 Mil), nothing special. And that's only averaging 28 minutes a game. BTW Tery is 30 (born 9/15/07) and an "old" 30 at that. Once he was one of the top point guards in the NBA, but that was a long time ago.
Rand10
Starter

Post#13 » by Rand10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:00 am

turk3d wrote:And I'm being kind. Terry is old, expensive, has a terrible contract, is not a good defender and can barely start on the Mavs.

His contract is actually pretty reasonable for his production. Whether or not he starts has nothing to do with it. He comes off the bench in a Ginobili type role and is always in the game at the end.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#14 » by turk3d » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:04 am

mavfan33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

His contract is actually pretty reasonable for his production. Whether or not he starts has nothing to do with it. He comes off the bench in a Ginobili type role and is always in the game at the end.

I don't have a problem with what he does for you guys. Probably not even a top 20 guard any more. But don't try and tell me he's more valuable than Biedrins who is a top 15 Center (and that's only averaging 28 minutes a game. Put him up against Terry in a poll and I bet 90% take him over Terry (only way you wouldn't is if you were a homer or didn't know a thing about basketball).
Rand10
Starter

Post#15 » by Rand10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:16 am

turk3d wrote:Yeah, only about 10 boards a game, highest field goal percentage in the league at over 64%, only makes 2.6 Mil (compared to Terry's 8 Mil), nothing special. And that's only averaging 28 minutes a game. BTW Tery is 30 (born 9/15/07) and an "old" 30 at that. Once he was one of the top point guards in the NBA, but that was a long time ago.

Terry had the best year of his career last season. 30 years 3.5 months is not an "old" 30 either. And of course Biedrins is payed less, he's on his rookie contract.

I don't have a problem with what he does for you guys. Probably not even a top 20 guard any more. But don't try and tell me he's more valuable than Biedrins who is a top 15 Center (and that's only averaging 28 minutes a game. Put him up against Terry in a poll and I bet 90% take him over Terry (only way you wouldn't is if you were a homer or didn't know a thing about basketball).

I'm not even arguing who is better. You're acting like Terry is washed up and that's clearly not the case. He's given a lot of the role as our main point guard to Harris because we need Devin to develop. How would Biedrins do if there was another top 15 center on his team? His numbers would obviously go down a bit, just like Terry's have.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#16 » by turk3d » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:11 am

mavfan33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not even arguing who is better. You're acting like Terry is washed up and that's clearly not the case. He's given a lot of the role as our main point guard to Harris because we need Devin to develop. How would Biedrins do if there was another top 15 center on his team? His numbers would obviously go down a bit, just like Terry's have.

The reason Harris is starting over Terry is because he's just plain better than Terry at this point in Terry's career.

As for using Biedrins in comparison, there isn't any as Biedrins is young (as is Harris) relative to Terry and the Warriors won't be bringing in any other Centers because Biedrins is our center of the future. The Mavs poster said Terry > Biedrins which is what I'm responding to and why I'm responding the way that I am.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: DAL/GS/CLE 

Post#17 » by JES12 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:20 am

sdot.mc wrote:Dallas trades
Devin Harris, Josh Howard, Jason Terry, Erik Dampier
receives
Baron Davis, Andris Biedrins, Al Harrington, Zydrunas Illgauskas

Just stop!
/thread
Rand10
Starter

Post#18 » by Rand10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:41 am

turk3d wrote:The reason Harris is starting over Terry is because he's just plain better than Terry at this point in Terry's career.

Harris is better at some things while Terry is better at others. If I had to take one it's Harris because he is younger, and that's the main reason he is starting. Otherwise we would be wasting his potential.

As for using Biedrins in comparison, there isn't any as Biedrins is young (as is Harris) relative to Terry and the Warriors won't be bringing in any other Centers because Biedrins is our center of the future.

Forget the Biedrins comparison then. My point was that Terry's numbers take a hit because Harris is starting and playing more minutes than last year. That doesn't mean Terry is on the decline. And that's really my whole point. I don't care if he's better than Biedrins or not.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#19 » by old rem » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:18 am

Realmavsman wrote:It's not terrible for any team but it is not going to happen.

Howard > Harrington
Terry > Biedrens
Illgauskas > Dampier

Terry> Biedrins? :crazy: You could offer Terry+ Howard + Diop to GSW and still would not get Biedrins. Howard? We are okay at SF and Howard is no PF.
Warriors minus Baron + Biedrins would be like Memphis minus Gasol,just another sub-500 team.

This is absurd for GSW..downgrade key spots for what? To start over?
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#20 » by old rem » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:32 am

Baron is a top 5 PG and unless you have Dirk in the deal,shop where you can afford. GSW won't trade Biedrins unless the Magic suddenly offers Dwight Howard. Biedrins is 21 and plays great D,solid overall and a LONG future.

Now if Dallas or Clev was to make a decent offer for Pietrus....maybe that can happen.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions