Simple trade: Hornets/Thunder: Giddey+12 for Richards+6

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,504

Simple trade: Hornets/Thunder: Giddey+12 for Richards+6 

Post#1 » by mhd » Mon May 20, 2024 11:50 pm

Simple deal:

Hornets add a ball-handler & passer next to LaMelo while only dropping 6 spots in this crappy draft. Thunder get a cheap bigger bodied backup center while moving up in the draft to take a shot at a player they like.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,743

Re: Simple trade: Hornets/Thunder: Giddey+12 for Richards+6 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:57 pm

Pretty sure the Hornets want Melo to be a primary ball handler.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,996

Post#3 » by Diop » Tue May 21, 2024 12:21 am

Giddey needs the ball in his hand to be affective, unless Melo remains injured, that's not going to happen
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,578

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 21, 2024 12:55 am

I don't hate Charlotte adding Giddey. They need another playmaker pretty badly. Wouldn't use 6 to do it and the repeating spamming of bad draft because it doesn't have a really safe prospect at the tippy top doesn't change my mind.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,074

Post#5 » by JustBuzzin » Tue May 21, 2024 1:18 am

Nah can't have Giddey and Bridges in the same locker room. We already dealing with a lot in Bridges. Adding another questionable character in the locker room makes no sense for us.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,506

Post#6 » by Chinook » Tue May 21, 2024 2:15 am

I really don't see Giddey as having this kind of value. I get the Thunder don't want him and would want to "get something for him", but no team can accommodate him any better than the Thunder can.
Pipp33
Rookie
And1: 665

Post#7 » by Pipp33 » Tue May 21, 2024 5:08 am

JustBuzzin wrote:Nah can't have Giddey and Bridges in the same locker room. We already dealing with a lot in Bridges. Adding another questionable character in the locker room makes no sense for us.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Giddey's character. Both police and league have investigated and he had nothing to answer for. Teams may hesitate because of the controversy, but Giddey is a great team mate and locker room presence AND a good person. He's also NOTHING like Bridges' character
Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,673

Post#8 » by Devilanche » Tue May 21, 2024 11:47 am

If hornets want him , they probably have other ways to make a trade rather than a trade down this upcoming draft.

Even if draft is flat , they are one of those team that should be valuing being able to pick earlier .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,729

Post#9 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 21, 2024 11:57 am

Chinook wrote:no team can accommodate him any better than the Thunder can.

What does this mean? Sorry.

Presti should be trying to win a title next year. Giddey should be someone’s bench creator or leading a tank and developing into whatever his ceiling is.

Which is really high considering what he’s already shown.. Maybe Giddey does just stay in OKC and play 25-28mpg. That’s probably better for OKC than most the value we’re seeing..

I think Charlotte should do this deal. And OKC should do it if they need/want to move up to get Cody? Or if Clingan is there? But also, Presti probably wants to keep delaying assets and Charlotte has those two 2027 firsts.. and Charlotte should want to add as much talent as possible now and keep 6th..
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,554

Post#10 » by GoBobs » Tue May 21, 2024 1:29 pm

The problem with Giddey is what do you pay him on his next contract. It doesn't make sense to give up assets for somebody who is about to be a free agent.

Okc should ride things out, get him resigned on a team friendly deal if possible and then try to trade him if they still want to.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,074

Post#11 » by JustBuzzin » Tue May 21, 2024 1:34 pm

Pipp33 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Nah can't have Giddey and Bridges in the same locker room. We already dealing with a lot in Bridges. Adding another questionable character in the locker room makes no sense for us.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Giddey's character. Both police and league have investigated and he had nothing to answer for. Teams may hesitate because of the controversy, but Giddey is a great team mate and locker room presence AND a good person. He's also NOTHING like Bridges' character

I mean I like the trade personally.

I would only do it if Bridges leaves in FA. I just don't want these 2 in the same locker room. It just looks bad for us.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,475

Post#12 » by Billl » Tue May 21, 2024 2:06 pm

Pipp33 wrote:

That's not exactly what happened. The police investigated but the young woman didn't want to be made into an international spectacle, hired a lawyer, and refused to cooperate with the investigation. She just wanted to show off to some friends, not get involved in all that nonsense. It seems like he likely was dating/messing around with her, but it was a 2-3 year age difference at the time. Maybe that is technically illegal in CA, but nobody actually gets arrested when a 19 yr old dates a 17 yr old. It's not like he was a 40 yr old guy cruising high school parking lots.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,611

Post#13 » by HornetJail » Tue May 21, 2024 3:29 pm

there just isn't a fit for Giddey here at all. send a future pick instead, or re-route him to a 3rd team for said pick.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Pipp33
Rookie
And1: 665

Post#14 » by Pipp33 » Tue May 21, 2024 10:36 pm

Billl wrote:
Pipp33 wrote:

That's not exactly what happened. The police investigated but the young woman didn't want to be made into an international spectacle, hired a lawyer, and refused to cooperate with the investigation. She just wanted to show off to some friends, not get involved in all that nonsense. It seems like he likely was dating/messing around with her, but it was a 2-3 year age difference at the time. Maybe that is technically illegal in CA, but nobody actually gets arrested when a 19 yr old dates a 17 yr old. It's not like he was a 40 yr old guy cruising high school parking lots.

Well..they still both found he had nothing to answer for...and yes agree with your other points.

All these idiots trying to paint him as a Pedo, when he was just a 19yr old kid in a club, where he could rightfully assume that meeting a girl in there, that she would be 18. As you said, he's not some older dude cruising around schools.
Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team

Return to Trades and Transactions