Heat-Sixers

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,378

Heat-Sixers 

Post#1 » by zimpy27 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:56 pm

Heat get Reed, #16, Best of LAC/PHI29FRP, $41m TPE
Heat go down to salary cap in cost opening up full MLE and BAE. They get a couple FRPs and a backup big for Bam.

Sixers get Butler
Sixers join Butler and Embiid again. Can keep Maxey and Melton.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,580

Re: Heat-Sixers 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Sun May 5, 2024 11:02 pm

Yes
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#3 » by BBallFreak » Sun May 5, 2024 11:09 pm

No.

As valuable as space is, you're a pick short here. And likely two picks short tbh. This is a weak draft. I don't see the need to double down on it and make that the centerpiece of the Butler trade.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#4 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 11:11 pm

BBallFreak wrote:No.

As valuable as space is, you're a pick short here. And likely two picks short tbh. This is a weak draft. I don't see the need to double down on it and make that the centerpiece of the Butler trade.

I have the 76ers needing to get a star to send to Miami to get Butler
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by BBallFreak » Sun May 5, 2024 11:13 pm

NYG wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:No.

I have the 76ers needing to get a star to send to Miami to get Butler

I figure we can do that if they actually pay the going rate for a star. We can then flip that and Herro for (just for argument's sake) Donovan Mitchell, and rebuild while fixing our cap sheet.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,054

Post#6 » by mg » Sun May 5, 2024 11:17 pm

Outside opinion but I agree Philly needs to throw in another pick.
Embiid, Butler, Maxey would give them an excellent 2-3 year window to win a championship as long as Embiid/Butler stay healthy.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,324

Post#7 » by Arsenal » Sun May 5, 2024 11:20 pm

Imagine burning 3 1sts for the privilege of paying Butler $50m+ for 3 years at age 35. No thanks.

Miami got him for Josh freaking Richardson, and that's about all I'd pay for him now when he's about to fall off the cliff.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by BBallFreak » Sun May 5, 2024 11:29 pm

Arsenal wrote:Imagine burning 3 1sts for the privilege of paying Butler $50m+ for 3 years at age 35. No thanks.

Miami got him for Josh freaking Richardson, and that's about all I'd pay for him now when he's about to fall off the cliff.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but times change and so did the price you pay for a star player. If Philly wants him, we won't be giving him away at discount prices...
VaDe255
Pro Prospect
And1: 684

Post#9 » by VaDe255 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:43 pm

Yes, Jimmy to the 76ers and DMitchell to he Heat.
Gotta be a 3-4 team trade with 76ers/Heat sending assets to Cleveland and moving Herro to a 3rd team as well (maybe Magic want to get in on this deal, Suggs/Herro seems like a very good fit).
Jimmy is still a very good player and fits perfectly with Maxey/Embiid. If all are healthy they have a very good chance to come out of the East.

Heat can retool around Bam/DM, DM just fits better with the young players of the Heat.
Not opposed to try and keep the #15/#16 pick, Heat picked well in that range, but all depends on how this trade would exactly look like and what comes back for Herro too.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,574

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:00 am

Arsenal wrote:Imagine burning 3 1sts for the privilege of paying Butler $50m+ for 3 years at age 35. No thanks.

This is a little dramatic, but his contract expectations are definitely an issue, and one that would have to be settled on up front given how things ended last time with the Sixers.

Honestly, I think the two firsts listed and cap space are worth it to rent Butler for a year even if he declines his option and walks, UNLESS he's going to be mad about the money.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,055

Post#11 » by vxmike » Mon May 6, 2024 12:37 am

Who else wants Butler is the question? I have several teams offering more.

OKC
DAL
SAS
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,378

Post#12 » by zimpy27 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:43 am

If philly can't add talent in FA then maybe the 3 FRP get paid.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,456

Post#13 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 6, 2024 12:53 am

If Sixers are trading for Butler i think it will be via Concurrent Harris S&T to salary match and let them keep their bird rights on melton/batum etc
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 6, 2024 1:04 am

Godaddycurse wrote:If Sixers are trading for Butler i think it will be via Concurrent Harris S&T to salary match and let them keep their bird rights on melton/batum etc

Their is no earthly way we accept Tobias Harris in a sign and trade for Jimmy Butler. That's just a terrible idea.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#15 » by Arsenal » Mon May 6, 2024 1:04 am

Godaddycurse wrote:If Sixers are trading for Butler i think it will be via Concurrent Harris S&T to salary match and let them keep their bird rights on melton/batum etc

This. It makes more sense to trade picks for Jimmy if we can stay over the cap and resign our other guys. Taking his $50m into pure cap kills our depth.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

Post#16 » by louc1970 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:07 am

What if you make the OP a 3 team deal?
Cleveland sends Mitchell to Miami. Reasons are obvious but Mitchell and Adebayo and Jaquez is a good reason.
Miami sends Butler to Philly. Embiid, Butler and Maxey would be good together. As someone mentioned, can Philly really attract FAs?
Philly sends Reed and Harris to Cleveland. Cleveland shores up its center/PF spots and if needed Harris can move down a spot to SF with Allen and Mobley protecting him.
Throw picks where needed.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 6, 2024 1:14 am

louc1970 wrote:What if you make the OP a 3 team deal?
Cleveland sends Mitchell to Miami. Reasons are obvious but Mitchell and Adebayo and Jaquez is a good reason.
Miami sends Butler to Philly. Embiid, Butler and Maxey would be good together. As someone mentioned, can Philly really attract FAs?
Philly sends Reed and Harris to Cleveland. Cleveland shores up its center/PF spots and if needed Harris can move down a spot to SF with Allen and Mobley protecting him.
Throw picks where needed.

I would think all the picks would be from Philly to Cleveland. But yeah, that's something I would consider.

Pg: Mitchell / Rozier
Sg: Robinson / Herro
Sf: Jaquez / Richardson
Pf: Jovic / Love
Cc: Bam /
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#18 » by Arsenal » Mon May 6, 2024 1:28 am

Miami needs to send picks to CLE. They’re not getting Mitchell straight up for Butler.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,617

Post#19 » by 165bows » Mon May 6, 2024 1:38 am

jbk1234 wrote:

This is a little dramatic, but his contract expectations are definitely an issue, and one that would have to be settled on up front given how things ended last time with the Sixers.

Honestly, I think the two firsts listed and cap space are worth it to rent Butler for a year even if he declines his option and walks, UNLESS he's going to be mad about the money.

Yeah this first paragraph above is a big deal. If Miami had the option of going year to year they don’t trade him. If he wants a big payday that likely turns into an albatross his value goes down from just who he is as a player (which is a great and imo under rated player but he’s also getting really old).

I don’t know what other market he has but I do not think SAS is in it for either party. OKC is a definite maybe for almost anything these days and Dallas makes sense but the my are pretty limited. I’ve got as big a respect for the guy as a player as anyone but I’m not sure how much higher his trade value goes than the OP if he wants a giant golden parachute.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,456

Post#20 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 6, 2024 1:38 am

BBallFreak wrote:

Their is no earthly way we accept Tobias Harris in a sign and trade for Jimmy Butler. That's just a terrible idea.

Oh i didnt' necessarily mean Harris to Heats. could be harris to Detroit or other team

Return to Trades and Transactions