Kings/Blazers Draft Day

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,738

Re: Kings/Blazers Draft Day 

Post#21 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 4:51 pm

Agree with the Kings fans who would rather it was Huerter. Or at least understand them. But I try and think from both sides and think Barnes is easier for the Blazers to stomach plus I have no idea what Monk's market is. But if he has one, then the Kings will need Huerter and Ellis essentially becomes the forward depth.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,605

Post#22 » by Myth » Sun May 5, 2024 5:36 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Agree with the Kings fans who would rather it was Huerter. Or at least understand them. But I try and think from both sides and think Barnes is easier for the Blazers to stomach plus I have no idea what Monk's market is. But if he has one, then the Kings will need Huerter and Ellis essentially becomes the forward depth.

Barnes is preferable to Huerter, but I can accept Huerter in a trade that turns Grant into a lottery pick.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,318

Post#23 » by SNPA » Sun May 5, 2024 5:57 pm

If Sac adds 13 the deal needs to expand to include Kris Murray or Brogdon if Monk leaves.

A couple second rounders in a bad draft so nothing for Sac.
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,738

Post#24 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 6:53 pm

SNPA wrote:If Sac adds 13 the deal needs to expand to include Kris Murray or Brogdon if Monk leaves.

I mean we can take the 2nds out. No problem. They have actual value so the Blazers will gladly retain it if you are going to assign no value to them.

Also, way too many people talk about good drafts and bad drafts in way too simplistic terms. This draft is deemed "bad" because it has no surefire prospects at the top. There will be NBA players found in the 2nd round just as there are every year.

Just as I've seen posters already talking about the 27 draft being deep. Like cmon we have no idea. Those kids are 15/16 years old right now.

Not to mention a deal can't have 13 and the knowledge Monk has left.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,318

Post#25 » by SNPA » Sun May 5, 2024 8:14 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
SNPA wrote:If Sac adds 13 the deal needs to expand to include Kris Murray or Brogdon if Monk leaves.

I mean we can take the 2nds out. No problem. They have actual value so the Blazers will gladly retain it if you are going to assign no value to them.

Also, way too many people talk about good drafts and bad drafts in way too simplistic terms. This draft is deemed "bad" because it has no surefire prospects at the top. There will be NBA players found in the 2nd round just as there are every year.

Just as I've seen posters already talking about the 27 draft being deep. Like cmon we have no idea. Those kids are 15/16 years old right now.

Not to mention a deal can't have 13 and the knowledge Monk has left.

True but Sac will have a good sense of Monk’s direction by the draft.

Barnes/Huerter/13/Portland 25 2nd for Grant/Kris M.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,581

Post#26 » by JRoy » Sun May 5, 2024 8:27 pm

That POR SRP will pretty much be a first. Better to send a 24 SRP.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.

Return to Trades and Transactions