KD to OKC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,382

KD to OKC 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am

Assuming OKC does not make the FInals, I think this makes a lot of sense. They can afford him for the next 2 seasons, and he'll still be an elite scorer/shooter. He also comes full circle and helps lead his original team (sorry Sonic fans) to a title.

Suns need to blow it up and deal Booker/KD. Booker can go to BRK, so they get their picks back and more
Suns also save A TON of short/long term $

KD for Giddy/Dieng/#12 pick plus the Utah, Miami picks.
That's a big haul for KD.

OKC goes with Shai/Dort/JWill/KD/Chet-with plenty of bench pieces and picks to play with

Suns start over, get their picks back and reset the franchise.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 817

Re: KD to OKC 

Post#2 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm

I will take

KD for Jalen Williams, Giddy, and #12
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#3 » by Dn4sty » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:I will take

There is zero chance that this is realistic. It would be Giddey, probably/maybe Cason Wallace, salary filler, and assets
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,229

Post#4 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 pm

I don't think OKC is gonna give up more than this but starting a rebuild with Giddey/Dieng and pick #12 is not appealing for the Suns. Don't want KD back anyway but we are not an ideal trade partner. Several teams would likely beat that with a more valuable asset (Memphis with their 2024 FRP and other picks, NOLA with Ingram or maybe even Zion + picks for example)
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#5 » by Dn4sty » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I don't think OKC is gonna give up more than this but starting a rebuild with Giddey/Dieng and pick #12 is not appealing for the Suns. Don't want KD back anyway but we are not an ideal trade partner. Several teams would likely beat that with a more valuable asset (Memphis with their 2024 FRP and other picks, NOLA with Ingram or maybe even Zion + picks for example)

The only way it makes any sense for OKC is if KD makes it clear he wants OKC which would give OKC a bunch more leverage.

However speculating about that on here seems kinda crazy.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 588

Post#6 » by bbms » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 pm

i just don't think it makes sense for the thunder to add durant in expense of real players - not even key support ones, like cason or joe.

thunder can send really great packages of picks 2024-2027 draft picks + giddey for 2028+ draft picks and swaps + kd, though.

also there's little reason to overpay for durant in a market where kawhi and lebron are soon to turn free.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,229

Post#7 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 pm

bbms wrote:

i just don't think it makes sense for the thunder to add durant in expense of real players - not even key support ones, like cason or joe.

thunder can send really great packages of picks 2024-2027 draft picks + giddey for 2028+ draft picks and swaps + kd, though.

also there's little reason to overpay for durant in a market where kawhi and lebron are soon to turn free.

It's not like Kawhi or Lebron are willing to join the Thunder so it won't change Durant's trade value.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,879

Post#8 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:19 pm

pipfan wrote:Assuming OKC does not make the FInals, I think this makes a lot of sense. They can afford him for the next 2 seasons, and he'll still be an elite scorer/shooter. He also comes full circle and helps lead his original team (sorry Sonic fans) to a title.

Suns need to blow it up and deal Booker/KD. Booker can go to BRK, so they get their picks back and more
Suns also save A TON of short/long term $

KD for Giddy/Dieng/#12 pick plus the Utah, Miami picks.
That's a big haul for KD.

OKC goes with Shai/Dort/JWill/KD/Chet-with plenty of bench pieces and picks to play with

Suns start over, get their picks back and reset the franchise.

I didn't realize OKC still had the cap room to do something like that. Wow.

That says -- why does Phoenix do it, even assuming OKC ships over a vaultful of picks?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#9 » by meekrab » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 pm

Nobody in OKC's playoff rotation is even over the age of 25, why would they trade anything for a washed up old KD who's going to demand the ball in his hands and ruin their elite defense?
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,382

Post#10 » by pipfan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 pm

meekrab wrote:Nobody in OKC's playoff rotation is even over the age of 25, why would they trade anything for a washed up old KD who's going to demand the ball in his hands and ruin their elite defense?

KD is far from washed and his D is fine. He'd be a GREAT addition to OKC, no doubt
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,558

Post#11 » by jayjaysee » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 pm

For the pick back game..

What does Brooklyn require from OKC to trade Phoenix the 2025 first? Two firsts? Cason?

Then Phoenix can tank one year, trade Booker for the best return possible, maybe San Antonio, Charlotte, Houston?

I’ll go Booker to Houston tied into the KD trade, but just..

Brooklyn 2025 first to Brooklyn
Phoenix 2025 first to Phoenix
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,767

Post#12 » by MessiahUjiri » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:37 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
bbms wrote:

It's not like Kawhi or Lebron are willing to join the Thunder so it won't change Durant's trade value.

LMAO @ the OKC Fan thinking they can low ball a KD offer on the premise that they also have a shot at Lebron/Kawhi. LeBron and Kawhi would probably retire rather than spend their last years in Oklahoma City. They don’t have anything left to prove.

Now for a KD / Thunder reunion, I agree on the match. I also agree with not spending out too much, and making it pick heavy.

KD is still a top 5 offensive player, and will be an All Star each of the next 2 seasons. So it needs to be fair.

Giddey + Cason + 3 FRP.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#13 » by jayjaysee » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:[
LMAO @ the OKC Fan thinking they can low ball a KD offer on the premise that they also have a shot at Lebron/Kawhi. LeBron and Kawhi would probably retire rather than spend their last years in Oklahoma City. They don’t have anything left to prove.

If LBJ made a list, I think OKC would be in the top 2-3 realistic destinations. And if he opts out of his player option, they’d be second only to staying in LAL.

Giving him 2yr100 mil changes nothing for their asset base/financials and he gets to be on the best team in the league to end his career..
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,801

Post#14 » by theBigLip » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 pm

A lot to unpack on just a few posts :lol:

- KD to OKC makes sense
- Suns trading Booker does not make sense, he is the keeper that you build around
- Kahwi already extended. He’s not going anywhere.
- LBJ isn’t going anywhere unless he wants to
- fans (myself included) always over value their players
- OKC can certainly beat anyone else’s offer. This is why you’ve stockpiled picks. Just do it!
- playoff/championship windows close faster than fans/management want to believe. Just do it!
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,767

Post#15 » by MessiahUjiri » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:23 pm

jayjaysee wrote:

If LBJ made a list, I think OKC would be in the top 2-3 realistic destinations. And if he opts out of his player option, they’d be second only to staying in LAL.

Giving him 2yr100 mil changes nothing for their asset base/financials and he gets to be on the best team in the league to end his career..

:lol:

You’re joking right?

They can offer him the full max, he isn’t leaving the Lakers to go to Oklahoma for like 10-15M extra. You’re either trolling or an OKC homer.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,960

Post#16 » by wegotthabeet » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 pm

haha i bet you would. who wouldn't?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#17 » by jayjaysee » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:20 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

You’re joking right?

They can offer him the full max, he isn’t leaving the Lakers to go to Oklahoma for like 10-15M extra. You’re either trolling or an OKC homer.

Na, neither of those things. OKC presents him with the best chance of making money and winning a title. So I’d put them with Philly and LAL as favorites to sign him. And “realistic trade destination” takes off a lot of teams that can’t match his salary/aggregate.

I don’t think LBJ is leaving LAL. At all. Just that there’s no reason OKC isn’t on a short list.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,577

Post#18 » by Devilanche » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:22 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

You’re joking right?

He’s either staying to build his brand in LA or moving to somewhere he got a better shot of winning a title.

Theres limited room for improvement on the Lakers squad.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,643

Post#19 » by NYG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 am

I see KD to Philly because the East is easier. With the right injuries, OKC could be a 45+ win playoff road team in the West even with KD.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 741

Post#20 » by cjmcallist » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:29 am

I get the logic, and he would fit well.

But I have no interest in KD coming back. That ship has sailed, period.

Return to Trades and Transactions