Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,650

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1601 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 9:10 pm

giberish wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:For fun..PG asks to be traded as part of an opt in and extend?

It’s less than a million under his max per year, but now the team receiving him is hard capped at second apron instead of first? Or teams who can’t create the cap space can get involved.. And Ballmer can take back 48 million however he decides to.. We can see Wiggins, Looney, Moody, Kuminga, first.. or Herro/Robinson/firsts..

Philly can spend an extra 11 million keeping depth as long as they can get Detroit to pay Harris 32-?? million a year (aggregate Reed, the first round rookie and UNG contracts)..

I just have a hard time viewing PG as a big asset on the money he's likely to get (either as a FA or trade and extend deal). Is PG over the next 4 years likely to be better than Tobias Harris has been the last 4 years? I feel like the PG chase is going to be one where the 'winning' team is the big loser.

Yeah, I don’t think Tobias Harris has ever been as good as Paul George will be next year. And that’s worth paying 2-3 years of George’s salary for the Sixers title chances IMO.

Also, now that Maxey is likely is an ALL-NBA caliber player.. They just really need a good version of Harris. And PG is a great version..
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1602 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat May 4, 2024 9:23 pm

Missed games over the last five years for Paul George and his postseason performance

8 (not good in playoffs)
26 (missed postseason due to injury)
51 (team missed playoffs)
28 (was great in the playoffs)
24 (Was horrible in the postseason and team had the worst choke in NBA history)

It's not entirely clear he has even one great year left.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#1603 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 10:06 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Missed games over the last five years for Paul George and his postseason performance

8 (not good in playoffs)

Consistent fun takes... Lost in six, to a team with one less win than them during the season.... despite missing their HOF’er best player on team (yes I know he always misses games)… worst choke ever
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#1604 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat May 4, 2024 10:08 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:Missed games over the last five years for Paul George and his postseason performance

8 (not good in playoffs)

Consistent fun takes... Lost in six, to a team with one less win than them during the season.... despite missing their HOF’er best player on team (yes I know he always misses games)… worst choke ever

The worst choke in NBA history was them in the Bubble vs. Denver.

Which is pretty easily the worst choke in NBA history.

The order of years is

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#1605 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 10:19 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

8 (not good in playoffs)

The worst choke in NBA history was them in the Bubble vs. Denver.

Which is pretty easily the worst choke in NBA history.

The order of years is

That’s my bad on the order. The games missed should’ve given it away really. But don’t follow his career like that...

But still don’t see how it can be the worst choke ever. I’m a Dallas fan. We made Golden State fans believe… And LBJ did the 3-1 thing.. And then I’ll go back to Dallas beating LBJ and Wade.. and that’s all recency..

They were a very top heavy team that couldn’t match up against Jokic... No one can.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#1606 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 11:42 pm

So.. Paul George probably wouldn’t agree to an extend and trade so that entire idea is off a bit... He’d be limited to a 3yr152-155 million type deal under the rules I know of.

That’s a win for teams, and a loss for him. That fourth year is what matters to him I assume and what teams might have some mixed feelings on. But 3yr154 Paul George trade eligible..

But say he was open to it to get to a “better” situation? And is saying he’ll take Philly/Detroit money unless he’s traded to ….

Murray, Hunter, Sac first, something? Trae/PG/Jalen.. Atlanta willing to go over the apron for two years and then drop back under? Feel like we would call them a contender if they added a 3/d guard (Kobe not ready IMO)

Randle, Hart, something? Brunson/OG/PG and Dolan’s money once Brunson gets his real max..

Wiggins, Kuminga, Looney, 2025 first, something?

There is something there to create Bam/PG/Butler, but that one needs at least one extra team..
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,983

Post#1607 » by jayu70 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:39 pm

Is there a deadline for NOP to determine if they'll take the Lakers 2024 1st or defer it to 2025? Or is it right up to the draft?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,165

Post#1608 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun May 5, 2024 2:35 pm

jayu70 wrote:Is there a deadline for NOP to determine if they'll take the Lakers 2024 1st or defer it to 2025? Or is it right up to the draft?

I haven’t seen it reported anywhere for sure, but I would imagine there’s some deadline, and it’s probably tied into the draft lottery, like within 48 hours of it or something.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,165

Post#1609 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun May 5, 2024 2:51 pm

Right up my humor alley

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=4P34sFh22Otrr6CybjJQ_g
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#1610 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 7:59 pm

Who says no to a Franz - Garland based trade if Mitchell is willing to stay in Cleveland?

Mitchell | LeVert | Porter
Strus | Merrill | Jerome
Wagner | Okoro | Bates
Mobley | Wade | Niang
Allen

Garland | Anthony
Suggs | Black | Ingles
Isaac | Houstan | Howard
Banchero
Carter | M.Wagner | Bitadze

...both just look a lot more balanced to me than they do currently; especially if we see shooting progress from the kids :dontknow:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,306

Post#1611 » by NotACat » Mon May 6, 2024 12:54 pm

cgf wrote:Who says no to a Franz - Garland based trade if Mitchell is willing to stay in Cleveland?

Strus | Merrill | Jerome
Wagner | Okoro | Bates
Mobley | Wade | Niang
Allen

Garland | Anthony
Suggs | Black | Ingles
Isaac | Houstan | Howard
Banchero

...both just look a lot more balanced to me than they do currently; especially if we see shooting progress from the kids :dontknow:

I can't see Orlando breaking up Paolo and Franz - they mesh together so well in terms of talent and personalities. I think they can find a floor spacing guard without breaking up Paolo, Franz, and Suggs.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#1612 » by cgf » Mon May 6, 2024 12:58 pm

NotACat wrote:
cgf wrote:Who says no to a Franz - Garland based trade if Mitchell is willing to stay in Cleveland?

Strus | Merrill | Jerome
Wagner | Okoro | Bates
Mobley | Wade | Niang
Allen

Garland | Anthony
Suggs | Black | Ingles
Isaac | Houstan | Howard
Banchero

I can't see Orlando breaking up Paolo and Franz - they mesh together so well in terms of talent and personalities. I think they can find a floor spacing guard without breaking up Paolo, Franz, and Suggs.

Fair enough. I'm still really high on Garland so feel like you're underselling him by calling him just a floor spacing guard. In a vacuum I rate DG more than Franz...despite Franz having the cooler passport...I just think Garland needs a change of scenery if Mitchell is sticking around and the Cavs could desperately use a big wing like Franz, so the fit would make up for the value gap.

But I may just be higher on Garland than the consensus.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,712

Post#1613 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 6, 2024 1:39 pm

little Mavs extended Kidd. Not sure I love that, but seems like some clear evidence Cuban is in fact still heavily involved in the decision making.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#1614 » by daoneandonly » Mon May 6, 2024 2:10 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:little Mavs extended Kidd. Not sure I love that, but seems like some clear evidence Cuban is in fact still heavily involved in the decision making.

DOnt like it, but assuming Kyrie and Luka do. Apparently Lakers were interested, but dont think Kidd has proven enough to warrant an extension.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#1615 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 6, 2024 2:44 pm

Maybe wrong of me.. Is there an extension if Dallas loses games 7?

Don’t love it.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#1616 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon May 6, 2024 3:25 pm

Outside of Carlisle, no one is even close to Kidd as the worst coach in the last decade.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#1617 » by daoneandonly » Mon May 6, 2024 4:44 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Outside of Carlisle, no one is even close to Kidd as the worst coach in the last decade.

Cant make sesne of this. Carlisle is an amazing coach, yes the Mavs title was outside your 10 decade window, but still, he's done so much with so little. And is a huge reason for Indy's success. But Kidd is not a good coach agreed
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,306

Post#1618 » by NotACat » Mon May 6, 2024 8:37 pm

cgf wrote:
NotACat wrote:

Strus | Merrill | Jerome
Wagner | Okoro | Bates
Mobley | Wade | Niang
Allen

Garland | Anthony
Suggs | Black | Ingles
Isaac | Houstan | Howard
Banchero

Fair enough. I'm still really high on Garland so feel like you're underselling him by calling him just a floor spacing guard. In a vacuum I rate DG more than Franz...despite Franz having the cooler passport...I just think Garland needs a change of scenery if Mitchell is sticking around and the Cavs could desperately use a big wing like Franz, so the fit would make up for the value gap.

But I may just be higher on Garland than the consensus.

Calling him just a floor spacing guard does do him a great disservice. I also believe he is truly valuable, I just Graland would be great to have WITH Suggs, Paolo, and Franz. With Garland, we would be looking for another starting quality forward that meshes well with Paolo which is putting the Magic right back into this position.
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#1619 » by Astaluego » Mon May 6, 2024 8:52 pm

What was the alternative to Kidd? I think he deserves a little credit... he has shown that he is very good at developing players, the players love him, and if you give him the right pieces he will form a good defense, however I think it is terrible to adjust during games, since he is apparently just watching, maybe bringing him a little more help would be ideal
Old Mike Lorenzo
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#1620 » by NYG » Mon May 6, 2024 10:51 pm

If the Nets punt to 2025...

Claxton for Jonas (1 year deal) and Nance Jr. + pick in a double sign and trade?

Return to Trades and Transactions