Spotrac NBA Trade Machine is live!

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,721

Spotrac NBA Trade Machine is live! 

Post#1 » by Smitty731 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:16 am

Hi Friends!

First, it's been far too long! I miss and think of all of you here on the Trade Board on a regular basis. One of the best and smartest online communities of NBA fans! I talk up the board as a place to share and discuss NBA transactions and transaction ideas on a high level all the time.

My real reason for stopping by today however is a selfish one. As some of you may know, I now work for Spotrac. We pride ourselves on having the best and most accurate publicly available salary data for all sports, including the NBA.

In that light, we have created our version of an NBA Trade Machine! We believe it's the most accurate and deepest trade machine around. You can trade players, draft picks, draft rights and cash considerations. All trade rules are followed and recognized. You can also screenshot your trades through our camera feature to share wherever you see fit.

This is a BETA version. We still have some cleanup to do with the draft picks, in particular. But please enjoy the trade machine and provide any feedback as you see fit!

Happy trading!

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/trade-machine/

Smitty

PS: Happy trade deadline!!!
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,552

Re: Spotrac NBA Trade Machine is live! 

Post#2 » by brackdan70 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:19 am

Will be great to have an accurate one to use!!! Thanks
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,552

Post#3 » by brackdan70 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:25 am

I assume will incorporate a way to trade protected picks and use TPEs for the final version?
Sign here
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Smitty731 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:37 am

brackdan70 wrote:I assume will incorporate a way to trade protected picks and use TPEs for the final version?

You can use TPEs now. When you select a player, if the other team has an available TPE, you get the option to acquire that player via that TPE.

We are still working on all things draft picks. By far and away the hardest part of this to program. Which is probably why no one else does it. Or does it accurately!
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,636

Post#5 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:16 am

Smitty731 wrote:Hi Friends!

First, it's been far too long! I miss and think of all of you here on the Trade Board on a regular basis. One of the best and smartest online communities of NBA fans! I talk up the board as a place to share and discuss NBA transactions and transaction ideas on a high level all the time.

My real reason for stopping by today however is a selfish one. As some of you may know, I now work for Spotrac. We pride ourselves on having the best and most accurate publicly available salary data for all sports, including the NBA.

In that light, we have created our version of an NBA Trade Machine! We believe it's the most accurate and deepest trade machine around. You can trade players, draft picks, draft rights and cash considerations. All trade rules are followed and recognized. You can also screenshot your trades through our camera feature to share wherever you see fit.

This is a BETA version. We still have some cleanup to do with the draft picks, in particular. But please enjoy the trade machine and provide any feedback as you see fit!

Happy trading!

Smitty

Thank you !!!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,059

Post#6 » by shrink » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:00 am

And thanks for your work with Trevor Lane on the “Front Office Show!”

If there was ever a show designed for people like us RealGMers, you’ve made it! With the Trade Deadline almost here, people should check it out and subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/c/nbafrontoffice
wegotthabeet
Analyst
And1: 1,964

Post#7 » by wegotthabeet » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:42 pm

Happy trading!

Smitty

this is great. always visit spotrac for the most up to date roster and cap information.

i sometimes used the manage roster function, but this is better. is there a way to manage a roster over several seasons, similar to shamsports capulator? if not that would be a great feature to add since the capulator is almost never updated or accurate.

thanks for your hard work.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,693

Post#8 » by toooskies » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:51 pm

Happy trading!

Smitty

Very cool tool. Not sure why it's reporting that the Cavs would be a tax team when swapping players of equal salary given they're not in the tax right now?
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Smitty731 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:38 pm

toooskies wrote:

Happy trading!

Smitty

Very cool tool. Not sure why it's reporting that the Cavs would be a tax team when swapping players of equal salary given they're not in the tax right now?

There's some rendering issues with the wording that is popping up. I've sent it to the programmer.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,776

Post#10 » by Clav » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:00 am

Love it. I use your site for all thing contract related and sincerely appreciate the hard work you guys perform. I will check it out for sure.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,135

Post#11 » by slick_watts » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:21 pm

this is great. spotrac has the most comprehensive and accessible capsheet data since eric pincus' stuff on basketball insiders so it's cool to have a trade machine as well.

interface is a little bit clunky but i'm sure that'll get iterated. nice work!
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,897

Post#12 » by HotelVitale » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:05 pm

Nice, just using the espn one and wanted to throw my phone out the train window a couple times. Glad this exists.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,781

Post#13 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:54 pm

Happy trading!

Smitty

Firstly, it's great to have Spotrac doing a trade machine, overall it looks like it's getting there and no doubt a lot of hard work.

I do believe I've found an issue (not sure of whether you're already aware of it).

Unless I am mistaken, I believe it's not correctly allowing multiple players into a single TPE.

For example (see image below), I cannot select the TPE option from the dropdown for the second player despite both contracts fitting into the single TPE.

HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,636

Post#14 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:40 pm

Real great to have this and all the contract info on Spotrac.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,273

Post#15 » by zimpy27 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:11 am

None of the trade machines allow you to try trades for the next season now the deadline is done. Will this be something the spotrac trade machine can do?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Donkedave
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#16 » by Donkedave » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:23 am

Bugger! Looks like the trade machine side of things has gone down. Anyone else having the 503 error come up?
2024 draft Bulls select who?
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#17 » by minimus » Sun Apr 7, 2024 1:24 pm

Website is down
Donkedave
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#18 » by Donkedave » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:51 am

This got an update and changed for worse?
2024 draft Bulls select who?

Return to Trades and Transactions