Overheated

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,140

Overheated 

Post#1 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:06 pm

Heat decide now is the time to cash in Butler.

Heat trade butler to 76ers
76ers trade Harden to clippers and 2 unproteted firsts and 3 unproteted swaps to Heat (korkmas and pertrusev to Heat for salary)
Clips trade a bunch of salary to heat and one lightly protected first. (Morris, Covington, Batum)

Heat cash in
76ers go all in
Clips add Harden
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,193

Re: Overheated 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:12 pm

I can't see Miami, a team who was in the NBA Finals just 4 months ago, thinking it is time to cash-in Butler.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,831

Post#3 » by theBigLip » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:14 pm

Interesting. Philly really needs to fix things. Heat are worse than last year. Clippers are win-now.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,574

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:19 pm

If Riley would trade Butler (he probably should, but won't), then the Heat cut the Clippers out and auditions Harden for another trade. I just don't see a way the Clippers get Harden for nothing.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#5 » by BBallFreak » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:14 pm

No. Not happening. Pass for Miami
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#6 » by Paz » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:40 pm

theBigLip wrote:Interesting. Philly really needs to fix things. Heat are worse than last year. Clippers are win-now.

How are the Heat worse than last year?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,193

Post#7 » by Colbinii » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:58 pm

Paz wrote:
theBigLip wrote:Interesting. Philly really needs to fix things. Heat are worse than last year. Clippers are win-now.

Well, for starters, they lost their 4th and 5th most minute eaters from the post-season in Vincent and Strus.

Then, Lowry has been on a clear decline since 2020 and is entering his age 37 season [he is already 37+ years old].

On the flip side, Herro was hurt last off-season and they added minimum level players in Richardson/Bryant [neither can contribute big playoff minutes] and the idea of Jovic/Highsmith making a step into 7-8 best player on a team isn't unrealistic.

But yeah, I would say they are about the same as last season, all things considered, while Boston is better and Milwaukee is around a similar level.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,831

Post#8 » by theBigLip » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:21 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Paz wrote:

Well, for starters, they lost their 4th and 5th most minute eaters from the post-season in Vincent and Strus.

Then, Lowry has been on a clear decline since 2020 and is entering his age 37 season [he is already 37+ years old].

On the flip side, Herro was hurt last off-season and they added minimum level players in Richardson/Bryant [neither can contribute big playoff minutes] and the idea of Jovic/Highsmith making a step into 7-8 best player on a team isn't unrealistic.

But yeah, I would say they are about the same as last season, all things considered, while Boston is better and Milwaukee is around a similar level.

Thanks for responding for me :D

Also, the Heat have played out of their minds in the playoffs. Like, statistically outliers. I love Butler but it wouldn’t surprise me to see them bumped in the first round. They are clearly going to need to make some moves.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:36 pm

Heat would be welcome to have Harden instead. I didn't think they would want him more than expiring and a first.

I think there is a right time to trade a star player. For the Heat I think that time is now. But they are welcome to run things back a year or two with disappointing results as Butlers value drops.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,831

Post#10 » by eminence » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:46 pm

Doesn't Philly have only 1 first to trade?
I bought a boat.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:47 pm

eminence wrote:Doesn't Philly have only 1 first to trade?

Maybe. Fanspo let me trade 2. But that's as much as I know.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,954

Post#12 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 7:08 pm

FWIW, Butler said he wanted to retire with the Heat. I don't see him getting moved unless the wheels are all of the way off.
I think that if they were to move him, there are better deals out there than this.

For example, if the Knicks offered RJ, IQ, Fournier (contract) and 4+ picks that's a better offer. But I do feel at this point all of this is moot.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 8:29 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:FWIW, Butler said he wanted to retire with the Heat. I don't see him getting moved unless the wheels are all of the way off.
I think that if they were to move him, there are better deals out there than this.

For example, if the Knicks offered RJ, IQ, Fournier (contract) and 4+ picks that's a better offer. But I do feel at this point all of this is moot.

Ny -could- make a better offer. But would they really cash out for a player of Butlers age? You seem like you might know better than me, but if I was running NY I would have no interest.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,954

Post#14 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:22 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:FWIW, Butler said he wanted to retire with the Heat. I don't see him getting moved unless the wheels are all of the way off.

Ny -could- make a better offer. But would they really cash out for a player of Butlers age? You seem like you might know better than me, but if I was running NY I would have no interest.

It depends if Leon leaves the big phone too close tp thibs lol
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#15 » by gom » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:42 am

Miami passes. I struggle to believe that the Heat have any interest in Harden, much less would consider trading the heart of the franchise, the one who most shows the way to win. Besides, who would give the fans hair style suggestions? Not Harden.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#16 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Oct 3, 2023 5:21 pm

First response begins with; "Heat were in the finals and now they surrender to everyone?"
But there's some sense in this deal. I still believe Butler's worth more than this.

Morey loves "big names" and Butler qualifies. I also believe he fits with Embiid better than Harden both on the court and in the locker-room.

Clippers trade their three best PFs (my opinion) for a guard? Crazy to me but they'd love it.
Starting lineup -- Westbrook - Harden - George - Leonard - [who cares?]
Bench --- Bench? We don't need no stinking bench!

Opinion
Heat? Maybe close to a yes
Sixers? Morey loves it.
Clippers? Their kind of deal.
tacos
Senior
And1: 385

Post#17 » by tacos » Tue Oct 3, 2023 9:26 pm

I'm thinking the likeliest Jimmy Butler trade will come at the deadline when they have an opportunity to decide if they have another one in the tank or if it's time to build around a Bam Herro plus whatever they can get for Jimmy

But in all honesty I don't see them getting 3 firsts 2 of which unprotected on a small market team that will be old plus 2 unprotected swaps from the same team for a rental of a player of his age
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 557

Post#18 » by PhillyNj » Tue Oct 3, 2023 9:30 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:Heat decide now is the time to cash in Butler.

Heat trade butler to 76ers
76ers trade Harden to clippers and 2 unproteted firsts and 3 unproteted swaps to Heat (korkmas and pertrusev to Heat for salary)
Clips trade a bunch of salary to heat and one lightly protected first. (Morris, Covington, Batum)

Heat cash in
76ers go all in
Clips add Harden

WOW Butler is way to old to get anywhere near this return.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:32 am

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,378

Post#20 » by zimpy27 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:45 am

This trade is impossible. Harden is already on the Clippers now.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie

Return to Trades and Transactions