Best Offers for Mikal Bridges

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,628

Re: Best Offers for Mikal Bridges 

Post#101 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 9, 2024 8:49 pm

rambo_ortega wrote:How about Julius Randle and Bojan Bogdanovic for Bridges and Cam Johnson?

Brooklyn gets an 3x All Star and Bojan who are both used to playing for a developing team. Cam Thomas looks like a star in the making who can mesh well with Randle's game.

Claxton/Randle/Bogdanovic/Thomas/Shroeder

Knicks get another Villanova guy who fits perfectly with the success they are having, and another shooter who can come off the bench.

Hartenstein/OG/Bridges/Hart/Brunson
Robinson/Achiuwa/Cam/Donte/McBride

Zero interest in Randle.

Brooklyn doesn’t want the problem of having to give him the max in 2025 or watch him walk in free agency.

In fact I’d say there’s no reasonable scenario where the Nets trade Bridges to the Knicks.
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#102 » by JKiddy » Thu May 9, 2024 9:09 pm

No one is trading Bridges away for only Julius Randle and the Nets are not in a rush to trade with the Knicks. They likely will not make any deals until Dolan sells the team.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,916

Post#103 » by Dn4sty » Fri May 10, 2024 3:06 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:Nets Get

- Giddey
- Pick 12 in 2024 draft
- 2025 Thunder 1st (top 4 protected)
- 2025 Jazz 1st(1-10 protected in 2025, 1-8 in 2026)
- 2025 Heat 1st (lottery protected in 2025, unprotected in 2026)
- 2025 Philly 1st (1-6 protected in 2025, 1-4 in 2026, 1-4 in 2027)

OKC gets Bridges

Nets get into this draft and then have a series of chances at high level prospects from multiple teams over the 2025, 2026, and 2027 drafts.

OKC gets Bridges who can naturally slot into a role as the 3rd/4th option on a contender.

I like the idea of Bridges, but that seems way above market value. Giddey, 12, and 2025 Heat 1st seem right to me.

Absolutely zero interest in Giddey and #12 in this draft isn’t very valuable.

Also Bridges is very unlikely to be moved on draft night since it’s before Mitchell’s contract decision.

Good thing that’s not the entire trade.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#104 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Fri May 10, 2024 3:33 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:I like the idea of Bridges, but that seems way above market value. Giddey, 12, and 2025 Heat 1st seem right to me.

Absolutely zero interest in Giddey and #12 in this draft isn’t very valuable.

Also Bridges is very unlikely to be moved on draft night since it’s before Mitchell’s contract decision.

Good thing that’s not the entire trade.

Well lets take a look at the rest of the trade:

You have 3 protected picks likely to fall in in the 20-30 range of next years draft.

Plus Utah’s protected pick which could easily end up being nothing, not even 2nds.

It just isn’t an appealing offer when you look closely. Quantity doesn’t equal quality here.
Kiss of Death
Senior
And1: 837

Post#105 » by Kiss of Death » Fri May 10, 2024 6:31 pm

It looks like the Rockets were more interested in the Suns picks than they were in Bridges.

Read on Twitter

Link to the article:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/rockets/article/nba-draft-lottery-rockets-trade-options-19450657.php
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#106 » by JKiddy » Fri May 10, 2024 9:08 pm

It looks like the Rockets were INSANE!
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,683

Post#107 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 10, 2024 9:28 pm

I’m almost never for teams trading their picks back to tank.. But I’d be really interested in the details of that offer..
Kiss of Death
Senior

Post#108 » by Kiss of Death » Fri May 10, 2024 9:32 pm

It looks like the people who were saying the Rockets were trading Jalen, Amen/Tari/Cam, the Nets picks & swaps back plus even more picks for Bridges were INSANE!!!
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,965

Post#109 » by K_chile22 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:40 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I’m almost never for teams trading their picks back to tank.. But I’d be really interested in the details of that offer..
Yeah I have no doubts to it's validity but curious about how detailed it is
Kiss of Death
Senior

Post#110 » by Kiss of Death » Sat May 11, 2024 10:23 am

All of the stories that were out there probably had some truth to them:

Rockets offered expiring contracts (Oladipo, Landale, etc..) and some of the Nets picks & swaps back for Bridges. (Nets beat reporter)
Nets said that they wanted Jalen Green and ALL of their picks & swaps back. (Shams, national media)
Rockets said, sure, give us the Suns picks. (Rockets beat reporter Feigen)

Bridges current value is probably closer to the Rockets first offer than the Nets counter.

There may be a possible trade where the Rockets take the picks from a third team, send the Nets theirs back and Bridges goes to the third team.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 219

Post#111 » by QMemphis » Sat May 11, 2024 10:42 am

Kiss of Death wrote:All of the stories that were out there probably had some truth to them:

Rockets offered expiring contracts (Oladipo, Landale, etc..) and some of the Nets picks & swaps back for Bridges. (Nets beat reporter)
Nets said that they wanted Jalen Green and ALL of their picks & swaps back. (Shams, national media)

Bridges current value is probably closer to the Rockets first offer than the Nets counter.

There may be a possible trade where the Rockets take the picks from a third team, send the Nets theirs back and Bridges goes to the third team.

Enter the Grizzlies into the conversation if we land a top 4 pick.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,186

Post#112 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat May 11, 2024 11:47 am

Kiss of Death wrote:All of the stories that were out there probably had some truth to them:

Also, it’s important to remember that every team has many people in operations that constantly suss out ideas and work concepts with management of other teams. So even if they’re reported, they may have never reached the final decision maker stage of being offered, and yet the reports are still somewhat valid and speak to a teams general, but not specific and sole, desires on the market.

If that makes sense.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#113 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 11, 2024 2:40 pm

If Golden State tried.. Kuminga, Moody, GP, 2025 unprotected, 2027 unprotected and that was the final group of the Curry era…

How far off is it? Has to be Podz instead of Moody?

Kuminga’s cap hit in 2025 is less than Bridges ‘ salary.. Maybe he excels as a first option?

Or how good of a pick does Kuminga get (in this terrible draft…) to make it work? I think it is a top 5, right?

Or does Brooklyn prefer a team give up picks (2? 3?) with some variance to get Kuminga?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#114 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sat May 11, 2024 2:55 pm

jayjaysee wrote:If Golden State tried.. Kuminga, Moody, GP, 2025 unprotected, 2027 unprotected and that was the final group of the Curry era…

Kuminga’s cap hit in 2025 is less than Bridges ‘ salary.. Maybe he excels as a first option?

Or how good of a pick does Kuminga get (in this terrible draft…) to make it work? I think it is a top 5, right?

Or does Brooklyn prefer a team give up picks (2? 3?) with some variance to get Kuminga?

The Nets reportedly loved Podz in the draft so assume that’s where the deal starts.

Does Kuminga get a top 5 pick in this draft? It’s certainly terrible but I don’t know if it’s THAT bad.

Personally I think people aren’t talking enough about how terrible the draft is. I know I wouldn’t trade Bridges for the #1 pick so maybe Kuminga does get you into the top 5?

Podz, Kuminga and those 2 1sts is certainly a competitive offer.
Helsbyte
Senior
And1: 359

Post#115 » by Helsbyte » Sat May 11, 2024 3:05 pm

I think Nets fans are going to be disappointed in the return Brudges brings back "if" he was to be traded.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,105

Post#116 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 11, 2024 3:11 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:Personally I think people aren’t talking enough about how terrible the draft is.

I mean you basically have to avoid all NBA discourse for this to be the case. :D This has been repeated non-stop for months now.

And its right and wrong. It's right in that there is no Lebron, Luka, Wemby prospect. But its wrong in that beyond that its as strong as any draft really. There are good prospects to be had even if there isn't an obvious generational prospect.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#117 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 11, 2024 3:33 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:If Golden State tried.. Kuminga, Moody, GP, 2025 unprotected, 2027 unprotected and that was the final group of the Curry era…

The Nets reportedly loved Podz in the draft so assume that’s where the deal starts.

Does Kuminga get a top 5 pick in this draft? It’s certainly terrible but I don’t know if it’s THAT bad.

Personally I think people aren’t talking enough about how terrible the draft is. I know I wouldn’t trade Bridges for the #1 pick so maybe Kuminga does get you into the top 5?

Podz, Kuminga and those 2 1sts is certainly a competitive offer.

I’m not sure. I know I like Kuminga too much and don’t think GS actually does that. But just was trying to play around with something new?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#118 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sat May 11, 2024 3:34 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:Personally I think people aren’t talking enough about how terrible the draft is.

I mean you basically have to avoid all NBA discourse for this to be the case. :D This has been repeated non-stop for months now.

And its right and wrong. It's right in that there is no Lebron, Luka, Wemby prospect. But its wrong in that beyond that its as strong as any draft really. There are good prospects to be had even if there isn't an obvious generational prospect.

It has been repeated but I’m arguing the extent to which it is terrible :lol:, especially when it comes to offense.

So many players lacking shot creation and shooting ability in general.

It’s not really about generational players but even potential all stars.

My top 4 are Clingan, Castle, Topic and Sarr but I wouldn’t put money on any of them to develop the scoring ability necessary to make an all star team.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#119 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sat May 11, 2024 3:38 pm

Helsbyte wrote:I think Nets fans are going to be disappointed in the return Brudges brings back "if" he was to be traded.

I disagree but it depends on timing.

Bridges is already one of the most coveted players in the league and it looks like we’re entering a period where there are a lot of potential buyers but very few sellers.

We could see an intense bidding war for his services if they decide to move him this summer. He fits on basically every team and only makes $23 mill next season.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#120 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 11, 2024 3:47 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Yeah, it’s widely talked about. But I agree with you. There’s prospects all through that you can picture being strong 20-30 minute role players. The top of the draft just isn’t sexy.

But Sarr and Topic have a lot of potential.. Clingan looks like he could be a difference maker…

And between Matas, Zacc, Cody, Holland.. I think at least one will be a star... Just up to the team to pick the player that actually wants to work on his game and the team to help him develop..

Return to Trades and Transactions