sorta another jay with Toronto

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,578

sorta another jay with Toronto 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 20, 2024 10:15 pm

THJ
Powell
Prosper
25 TOR 2nd returned

for

Olynyk

Raps get a prospect, a projected pretty good 2nd and save some money next year. Powell can be a backup center or if they have a better option, just a good locker room guy.

Dallas gets their space to give Jones the big boy MLE and get a stretch big. Kleber is going to miss time and while Olynyk doesn't have his defensive versatility, he's a better offensive player. A nice little option to have.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,348

Re: sorta another jay with Toronto 

Post#2 » by WhatsaTDot » Mon May 20, 2024 10:27 pm

It doesn't make them better. I like it for the Raptors.

This place is insufferable.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#3 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon May 20, 2024 10:55 pm

I like this Olynik has been decent for Toronto but this team needs to rebuild. OMP gives Toronto another Masai Ujiri type of player he likes I think THJ and Powell should be moved for whatever prospect we could get back and useless expiring deal
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,522

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:59 pm

I think this is a good deal and makes the 1st for Olynyk + Agbaji deal make more sense. Now that deal looks like:

OKC 1st (29)
filler (Porter Jr., Kira Lewis)
for
Ochai Agbaji
Olivier Maxence-Prosper
2025 TOR 2nd

That actually seems like a nice move by them because it is two decent perimeter prospects + an early 2nd in a better draft (although it is probably only going to be noticeably better up top, I think this one is reasonably deep).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Texas Chuck

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 20, 2024 11:00 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:I like this Olynik has been decent for Toronto but this team needs to rebuild. OMP gives Toronto another Masai Ujiri type of player he likes I think THJ and Powell should be moved for whatever prospect we could get back and useless expiring deal

I don't think Powell plus THJ equals expiring plus prospect. Otherwise Dallas would go find that to send to Toronto and just keep Prosper and the 2nd for themselves.

THJ is an overpaid expiring and Powell has a 2nd gtd year. So I have both as negative which is why Toronto gets Prosper and the pick. I don't have Olynyk worth Prosper and a 2nd and an expiring and another prospect.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,802

Post#6 » by MessiahUjiri » Tue May 21, 2024 12:01 am

It’s good for Toronto, but Does Dallas have much playing time at the PF/C spots?

Gafford + Lively = 48 mins at C

PJ + {22 MPG} = 48 mins at PF. This is without Kleber.

Does Dallas wanna dump salary? They can probably do something around Bruce Brown, who could actually play like 30MPG for them.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,600

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 21, 2024 12:27 am

Im fine with OP, although i do wonder if Olynyk can fetch a late 1st from a team desperate for front court help like OKC.
Texas Chuck

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 21, 2024 12:38 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:It’s good for Toronto, but Does Dallas have much playing time at the PF/C spots?

Does Dallas wanna dump salary? They can probably do something around Bruce Brown, who could actually play like 30MPG for them.

Yeah part of the goal is dump salary to be able to use the full MLE to try and retain DJJ.

No interest in paying Prosper and a 2nd for Brown instead of paying it to have Olynyl/Jones a much better result for Dallas.

And yeah Olynyk isn't necessarily going to have big minutes every night. In fact there are probably some DNP-CD nights. But he's a capable veteran who would be taking Powell's roster spot and his ability to space the floor makes him a better 3rd center than Powell who is just a worse version of Gafford/Lively.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,600

Post#9 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 21, 2024 12:41 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:It’s good for Toronto, but Does Dallas have much playing time at the PF/C spots?

Yeah part of the goal is dump salary to be able to use the full MLE to try and retain DJJ.

No interest in paying Prosper and a 2nd for Brown instead of paying it to have Olynyl/Jones a much better result for Dallas.

And yeah Olynyk isn't necessarily going to have big minutes every night. In fact there are probably some DNP-CD nights. But he's a capable veteran who would be taking Powell's roster spot and his ability to space the floor makes him a better 3rd center than Powell who is just a worse version of Gafford/Lively.

If you are not planning to play olynyk much you should just make this THJ/powell/2nds for Boucher imo (much to daoneandonly's disdain)
Texas Chuck

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 21, 2024 12:49 am

Godaddycurse wrote:If you are not planning to play olynyk much you should just make this THJ/powell/2nds for Boucher imo (much to daoneandonly's disdain)

Yeah that's fine.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,337

Post#11 » by BeiBeau » Tue May 21, 2024 1:16 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

If you are not planning to play olynyk much you should just make this THJ/powell/2nds for Boucher imo (much to daoneandonly's disdain)

That’s pretty clean and lets Dallas save money and assets. Dallas should for sure do that.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,506

Post#12 » by Chinook » Tue May 21, 2024 2:33 am

Is O-Max so hopeless that he should be tossed in deals like this? I liked him during the summer league and basically saw nothing from him after that. Just seems like Dallas should hold onto the few young depth players they get if there's anything there.

Return to Trades and Transactions