ORL/ATL…Earthshaking for both fanbases

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,910

ORL/ATL…Earthshaking for both fanbases 

Post#1 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 3:53 pm

ORL sends: Franz, Mo, AB, #18, Den 25

ATL sends: Dejounte, #1, AJ Griffin

Why for ORL: draft Sarr as the next Mobley- defending immediately & catching lobs while developing offense. Murray also ups the defense, scoring, & leadership from the backcourt. Griffin plugs in as a good-sized 3&D 2/3 with established chemistry with Paolo.

Why for ATL: Franz has star 2-way upside and could fit well with Trae, Capela, and Jalen Johnson as a balanced core. ATL would have to value AB as a high-lottery equivalent and very complementary backcourt partner with tiny but ultra-offensive Trae. The jump from #1 to #18 is a big one, but I’m suggesting that this is the flattest draft in years, that AB would be top 5 (and a great fit) and that Franz has significantly more value than Murray…plus an additional frp & Mo.

Capela, Okongwu, Fernando
Johnson, Hunter, M. Wagner
Franz, Bey
Black, Bogie
Trae, Bufkin, Devin Carter? (#18)

ORL would still have a ton of cap space…and nearly all future picks for the next (if any) move. Perhaps Tyus, on a reasonable FA deal, to be 3rd guard, depending on who else wants to bid for him. He was certainly available at the TD but stuck in WAS. Follow up would be Cole to MIN for SnT Kyle Anderson (to same salary as Cole)- figuring MIN would value a young vet behind Conley more than Anderson (as NAW, Leonard Miller, and #27 may fill the Slo-Mo gap)

WCJ, Sarr (#1), Isaac
Paolo, Anderson
Isaac, Griffin, Houstan
Suggs, Jett, Srp or Kevon (I’m still fantasizing that Shannon gets cleared and we trade up)
Murray, Tyus, vet-Kris Dunn?
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,472

Re: ORL/ATL…Earthshaking for both fanbases 

Post#2 » by spree8 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:22 pm

What about the Murray-Paolo beef?
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,311

Post#3 » by NotACat » Sat May 18, 2024 4:26 pm

I could see it there was a player in the draft that could replace Franz, but I think they stick with Franz and Paolo.
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,653

Post#4 » by Wolveswin » Sat May 18, 2024 4:36 pm

I think the simpler earth shattering is:

Trae + Hunter

FOR

Franz Wagner + Anthony + Picks until Hawks say yes + 43M TPE (to Hawks)

WCJ | Wagner
Banchero | Isaac
Hunter or Isaac | Houstan
Suggs | Black | Jett
Trae | Black

Very solid lineup. And I think Magic keep plenty of draft capital in this deal, plus Black/Jett and other filler could still have a star trade available.

Capela | Sarr (year to learn from expiring vet)
JJ | Okongwu
Franz | JJ | Griffin
Murray | BB
Anthony | Murray | Bufkin

Hawks would have an exciting young trio: Jalen Johnson | Franz | Sarr. And at any point, if Murray needs to be moved, get a nice young player/package for him.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,674

Post#5 » by orlando_joe » Sat May 18, 2024 5:41 pm

yea lets trade franz and just start over...this is so something magic will not do ...take on bad character and trade proven 2-way 6'10 wing for a project ..might be wiseman?...and a guy that gets no min might be hawks version of okeke...
i think magic pass...suggs and paolo on the block next week?
and just throw in ab and mo...you know for the heck of it
Skybox
RealGM

Post#6 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 6:03 pm

Wolveswin wrote:I think the simpler earth shattering is:

Trae + Hunter

FOR

WCJ | Wagner
Banchero | Isaac
Suggs | Black | Jett
Trae | Black

Very solid lineup. And I think Magic keep plenty of draft capital in this deal, plus Black/Jett and other filler could still have a star trade available.

JJ | Okongwu
Franz | JJ | Griffin
Murray | BB

Hawks would have an exciting young trio: Jalen Johnson | Franz | Sarr. And at any point, if Murray needs to be moved, get a nice young player/package for him.

I don't think Trae's a good fit at all with Paolo. Paolo's best usage is with the ball in his hands, drawing attention and making decisions. Problem, imo, is only that it's not feasible to run with that every time...he needs more on-ball help, but Trae would basically be on-ball, all the time. DJM would be a much more pliable fit...not to mention he plays defense. I know I've heard that Trae has put in more effort on that end, but ORL is a defense-first team that embodies their coach. I don't know that Mosley would welcome Trae - which is not to say everyone doesn't respect what Trae brings.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#7 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 6:08 pm

spree8 wrote:What about the Murray-Paolo beef?

Media loves a dustup...DJM was a mentor to teenage Paolo in Seattle...that was a whole lot of nothing and they've buried it. Paolo idolized him, was hurt by the incident, but they've reconciled and it's just not a thing that would prevent them from being excited to play together. DJM is, notably a bit of an emotional hothead, which ORL could use more of. He and Suggs would absolutely ignite each other at the POA and Paolo has a much less visible, but equally fierce demeanor. ORL, as it gets serious about contending, has to weed out the Mousketeers on the roster.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,197

Post#8 » by tiderulz » Sun May 19, 2024 2:09 am

Skybox wrote:

Trae + Hunter

FOR

WCJ | Wagner
Banchero | Isaac
Suggs | Black | Jett
Trae | Black

JJ | Okongwu
Franz | JJ | Griffin
Murray | BB

I don't think Trae's a good fit at all with Paolo. Paolo's best usage is with the ball in his hands, drawing attention and making decisions. Problem, imo, is only that it's not feasible to run with that every time...he needs more on-ball help, but Trae would basically be on-ball, all the time. DJM would be a much more pliable fit...not to mention he plays defense. I know I've heard that Trae has put in more effort on that end, but ORL is a defense-first team that embodies their coach. I don't know that Mosley would welcome Trae - which is not to say everyone doesn't respect what Trae brings.

i like Murray's fit better. but Paolo wants a PG to set the table so he doesnt have to do it every time down the floor
Skybox
RealGM

Post#9 » by Skybox » Sun May 19, 2024 2:34 am

tiderulz wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Trae + Hunter

FOR

WCJ | Wagner
Banchero | Isaac
Suggs | Black | Jett
Trae | Black

JJ | Okongwu
Franz | JJ | Griffin
Murray | BB

i like Murray's fit better. but Paolo wants a PG to set the table so he doesnt have to do it every time down the floor

Murray's been a PG his whole career.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#10 » by vege » Sun May 19, 2024 3:06 am

If I'm Orlando I do not trade Franz for #1.

AB + 18 and 25 should be enough for Dejounte, a small asset might need to be added but it's a good foundation for the trade.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,519

Post#11 » by Ball4life32 » Sun May 19, 2024 3:55 am

vege wrote:If I'm Orlando I do not trade Franz for #1.

AB + 18 and 25 should be enough for Dejounte, a small asset might need to be added but it's a good foundation for the trade.

Magic do not have 25 unless you meant 25 1st. Wouldnt do it for Atl though. If they’re trading Murray for draft compensation, I’d rather do it for the highest possible pick in this draft than non lottery picks and Black.
JT3000
Bench Warmer
And1: 242

Post#12 » by JT3000 » Sun May 19, 2024 7:49 am

Skybox wrote:
spree8 wrote:What about the Murray-Paolo beef?

Media loves a dustup...DJM was a mentor to teenage Paolo in Seattle...that was a whole lot of nothing and they've buried it. Paolo idolized him, was hurt by the incident, but they've reconciled and it's just not a thing that would prevent them from being excited to play together. DJM is, notably a bit of an emotional hothead, which ORL could use more of. He and Suggs would absolutely ignite each other at the POA and Paolo has a much less visible, but equally fierce demeanor. ORL, as it gets serious about contending, has to weed out the Mousketeers on the roster.

Where did you hear they'd reconciled? Because I don't recall hearing anything of the sort. Either way, we don't need an emotional hothead on this team. Even if he doesn't have beef with Paolo, it's only a matter of time before he has beef with someone else. Easy pass, especially if it requires moving Franz.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#13 » by pipfan » Sun May 19, 2024 7:51 am

Ball4life32 wrote:

Magic do not have 25 unless you meant 25 1st. Wouldnt do it for Atl though. If they’re trading Murray for draft compensation, I’d rather do it for the highest possible pick in this draft than non lottery picks and Black.

What about Howard, Black and the #18 for Murray? ATL gets some young pieces and saves $. They could still trade Young and start over as well
Ball4life32
Analyst

Post#14 » by Ball4life32 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:22 am

pipfan wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:

What about Howard, Black and the #18 for Murray? ATL gets some young pieces and saves $. They could still trade Young and start over as well

No Atl just drafted Bufkin in the same draft as Howard/Black they also have Griffin… and a non lottery pick isn’t appealing at all. Plus don’t see Atl trading both.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,443

Post#15 » by CP War Hawks » Sun May 19, 2024 12:18 pm

First off the Hawks already have a guy in place for Wagner, not sure where he fits with Johnson. 2nd DJM price tag is still the same as last deadline.

If Sarr is seen as a Mobley prototype the Hawks just like any other team will be wanting him to grow with the current core.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#16 » by Skybox » Sun May 19, 2024 12:33 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:First off the Hawks already have a guy in place for Wagner, not sure where he fits with Johnson. 2nd DJM price tag is still the same as last deadline.

If Sarr is seen as a Mobley prototype the Hawks just like any other team will be wanting him to grow with the current core.

What’s the alleged price tag for DJM?
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#17 » by vege » Sun May 19, 2024 7:26 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:

Denver 25 1st. The one in the OP.

They asked for Ivey + Ausar for Murray. Ausar and AB probably have exactly the same trade value. 18 + Denver 25 1st + a small asset should be equivalent to Ivey.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,568

Post#18 » by dms269 » Sun May 19, 2024 7:41 pm

Skybox wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:First off the Hawks already have a guy in place for Wagner, not sure where he fits with Johnson. 2nd DJM price tag is still the same as last deadline.

What’s the alleged price tag for DJM?

I believe it was 2 picks (likely future to allow Atlanta more flexibility with moving picks) and a starter (likely a wing).
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Ball4life32
Analyst

Post#19 » by Ball4life32 » Sun May 19, 2024 7:58 pm

vege wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:

Denver 25 1st. The one in the OP.

They asked for Ivey + Ausar for Murray. Ausar and AB probably have exactly the same trade value. 18 + Denver 25 1st + a small asset should be equivalent to Ivey.

Denver 25 doesn’t have much value to me and I don’t see anyway hawks offered that. Not an Ivey fan and he’s terrible fit with Trae.
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 640

Post#20 » by AaronB » Sun May 19, 2024 8:11 pm

I don't think Murray has a future with the Magic. Last I saw he was publicly pretty disrespectful toward Paolo before Paolo blew up the league.

Return to Trades and Transactions