Jazz/Thunder

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Astaluego
Junior
And1: 181

Jazz/Thunder 

Post#1 » by Astaluego » Sat May 18, 2024 8:08 am

JAZZ
In:Giddey/Dieng/#12/Clippers 27(Unprotected)/Mavs 28(unprotected)

Out: Markkanen

Jazz get a good haul for Lauri, and delve into his reconstruction, while preparing to choose high in the lottery in a very good Draft..
They get a big, talented guard who is an excellent passer to get their young players going...it's not about winning this year, but it's not about being dysfunctional either...
They also get a young wing with advantages, and unprotected picks

THUNDER
In: Markkanen

Out:Dieng/Giddey/#12/Mavs 28/Clippers 27

They take a step forward, on paper it is a perfect fit, due to age, talent and need... I don't know if it is an overpayment, but it shouldn't worry them for such a good fit and still loaded with assets...

optional..they sign Goga Bitadze at FA and a backup guard like MMorris or Fultz for MLE
Old Mike Lorenzo
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 986

Re: Jazz/Thunder 

Post#2 » by red4hf » Sat May 18, 2024 1:43 pm

This is not a "good haul" for Laurie, and I actually value Giddey pretty highly.......
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,757

Post#3 » by AingesBurner » Sat May 18, 2024 1:49 pm

red4hf wrote:This is not a "good haul" for Laurie, and I actually value Giddey pretty highly.......

I don’t value a non shooting guard highly… we had that guy, his name was Ricky Rubio. I would rather have a super tasty super future pick than 12.
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,578

Post#4 » by Saints14 » Sat May 18, 2024 1:53 pm

For OKC I think the time to trade for Markkanen would have been a year ago, because now he’s expiring and can they afford to pay him along with SGA, Chet and JDub?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,726

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 18, 2024 2:04 pm

I still say OKC is the best team to trade for Lauri. They’re in the best situation to contend while sitting on 14 million dollars in cap space til January. That 14 million doesn’t get much of a discount on Lauri’s next contract, but it’s enough that you doubt he throws it away to hit free agency right?

The offer doesn’t look bad to me. The Dallas first is actually OKC’s own first, with swap rights. So Ainge gets to bet against two contenders maintaining for 4 years.. And the 2027 LAC first is again is not really just the “LAC first” OKC owns the two best of Denver/OKC/LAC… But it’s probably the LAC first?

If Giddey played on most of our teams, I’m sure we’d all focus on all the things he does well… Dieng - I’m not so sold on.. but he was supposed to be raw, just not this raw?

OKC doing this trade, can lock up Joe and Wiggins for a total of 24-30 million on nice 4 year front loaded deals. However it’s divided, maybe I’m going too high? And still sit on the 14 million, then try and use the room exemption on a buy out type in January to fill the last roster spot.

Or can you trade a player into the room exemp? I really don’t know. Either way.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,837

Post#6 » by brackdan70 » Sat May 18, 2024 2:11 pm

I think the value in the OP is close to fair. That Clippers pick unprotected is pretty nice.
I can see though that Utah might want either a better player or a better pick vs 12 and the Dallas pick.
Sign here

Return to Trades and Transactions