BKN-UTA-OKC, Plan Z.

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 938

BKN-UTA-OKC, Plan Z. 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu May 16, 2024 3:40 pm

BKN gets: Lauri Markkanen, Collin Sexton, Josh Giddey
BKN sends: Ben Simmons, Suns 2025 pick, Suns 2027 pick, Mavs 2029 pick, Nets 2031 pick, Noah Clowney

Utah gets: Ben Simmons, Suns 2025 pick, Suns 2027 pick, Mavs 2029 pick, Nets 2031 pick
Utah sends: Lauri Markkanen, Collin Sexton

OKC gets: Noah Clowney
OKC sends: Josh Giddey

Why for Brooklyn: If they strike out on Donovan Mitchell and Trae Young, they're in a horrible spot and well... A lineup of

Sexton
Giddey
Bridges
Markkanen
Claxton

... This actually fits together really well and has a good bit of offensive firepower while not being bad defensively. Markkanen is an elite off-ball scorer and Sexton is a very good on-ball scorer who is a poor fit on most teams due to being a 6'1" SG, but this is helped a lot by Giddey. There's a lot here to like and they could make the second round in the East.

Why for Utah: Utah is trying to go after star players this offseason as well and it doesn't look like they will have any success at all. This trade would allow them to tank for a few years until they got a #1 guy.

Why for the Thunder: Giddey is a horrible fit with OKC and is a bad postseason player in general. Clowney will probably not be a 3D center... But he's worth a shot, he's very intriguing and has three years left on his rookie deal.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,499

Re: BKN-UTA-OKC, Plan Z. 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Thu May 16, 2024 6:57 pm

No idea why OKC is just giving Giddey away for essentially nothing?

Also really think one year of Markannen isn't worth 4 unprotected firsts including some really high upside ones and no Sexton doesn't make up for that at all.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,505

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:02 pm

I also don't understand this for OKC and think it is too much for Brooklyn to give.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,724

Post#4 » by jayjaysee » Thu May 16, 2024 7:20 pm

I’ve seen some really strong valuations of Clowney the last few weeks that just confuse me.

But this is a really bad idea for Brooklyn. You trade for Lauri after you’ve traded for the “best player” Lauri and Bridges become a very nice 2nd/3rd piece.

But this offer stops Brooklyn from paying for Mitchell..

Without Sexton/Nets 2031 first it’s a lot closer IMO. Though OKC is definitely owed something or just cut out completely?
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 330

Post#5 » by JKiddy » Thu May 16, 2024 7:43 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:BKN gets: Lauri Markkanen, Collin Sexton, Josh Giddey
BKN sends: Ben Simmons, Suns 2025 pick, Suns 2027 pick, Mavs 2029 pick, Nets 2031 pick, Noah Clowney

Utah gets: Ben Simmons, Suns 2025 pick, Suns 2027 pick, Mavs 2029 pick, Nets 2031 pick
Utah sends: Lauri Markkanen, Collin Sexton

OKC gets: Noah Clowney
OKC sends: Josh Giddey

Why for Brooklyn: If they strike out on Donovan Mitchell and Trae Young, they're in a horrible spot and well... A lineup of

Sexton
Giddey
Bridges
Markkanen
Claxton

... This actually fits together really well and has a good bit of offensive firepower while not being bad defensively. Markkanen is an elite off-ball scorer and Sexton is a very good on-ball scorer who is a poor fit on most teams due to being a 6'1" SG, but this is helped a lot by Giddey. There's a lot here to like and they could make the second round in the East.

Why for Utah: Utah is trying to go after star players this offseason as well and it doesn't look like they will have any success at all. This trade would allow them to tank for a few years until they got a #1 guy.

Why for the Thunder: Giddey is a horrible fit with OKC and is a bad postseason player in general. Clowney will probably not be a 3D center... But he's worth a shot, he's very intriguing and has three years left on his rookie deal.

The Nets are not trading Clowney. They also likely won't give up the Suns 2027 pick for anyone not named Luka, SGA, Antman, Jokic, and the like.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,640

Post#6 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 16, 2024 8:39 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:No idea why OKC is just giving Giddey away for essentially nothing?

Also really think one year of Markannen isn't worth 4 unprotected firsts including some really high upside ones and no Sexton doesn't make up for that at all.

You probably aren’t familiar with Clowney’s game yet as he didn’t get minutes until late in the season.

6’10, switchy and lengthy 19 year old who shot 36% from 3 and had a game with 7 blocks this year.

He’s very far from nothing and his inclusion might be my biggest objection to this deal.

Which is saying something because your last point is right on the money.

Return to Trades and Transactions