ATL/SAS - Trae to Spurs

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,519

Re: ATL/SAS - Trae to Spurs 

Post#61 » by Ball4life32 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:29 am

wemby wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
wemby wrote:Spurs are a team full of rookies, coming off an experimenting / tanking season where they even tried to pass a PF as a PG, and had Wemby chucking up 1 legged long threes half the season.
Hawks have been in the same place for 3 years, injuries or no injuries, Trae or no Trae. They are who they are (play in team), unless they make serious changes. Sarr in this draft changes nothing, but maybe if you move that pick for a good 3&D + package Trae/Dejounte for better fitting pieces that could make a real difference.

Hawks have 4 top 8 offenses in a row with Trae and have gotten better offensively every year since their CF run yet their record has gotten worse. All because of defense….when Trae went down 7th ranked offense 29th ranked defense. (At this point hawks were the only below .500 team with a top 16 offense) If Sarr is as good defensively as they say (not saying he is or isn’t) than that 100% can change the hawks trajectory. Last time hawks even had medicore defense is when they made their run. Hawks getting better defensively is how they improve.

Sarr would be a rookie and is a non shooter and a bad rebounder, who plays the same position where you already have 2 good players in Capela and Okongwu. If you were to tell me the Hawks' big plan for improving in '24 is drafting Sarr and playing him ahead of Capela/Okongwu, I'd be ECSTATIC as a Spurs fan in anticipation for another lottery pick. Only reason to worry is if the Hawks package the pick for good veteran help, say no. 1 for Herb Jones plus spare parts or something like that.

Sarr is not a non shooter and he’s a better offensive rebounder at this point. Capela is most likely gone and had negative net rating with Trae, Murray, Johnson. Could be addition by subtraction. Hes 30 yr old expiring too….not the same player he used to be. I like Herb but not a shot I trade #1 for him.
wemby
Senior
And1: 366

Post#62 » by wemby » Wed May 15, 2024 11:33 am

Ball4life32 wrote:
wemby wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:Hawks have 4 top 8 offenses in a row with Trae and have gotten better offensively every year since their CF run yet their record has gotten worse. All because of defense….when Trae went down 7th ranked offense 29th ranked defense. (At this point hawks were the only below .500 team with a top 16 offense) If Sarr is as good defensively as they say (not saying he is or isn’t) than that 100% can change the hawks trajectory. Last time hawks even had medicore defense is when they made their run. Hawks getting better defensively is how they improve.

Sarr would be a rookie and is a non shooter and a bad rebounder, who plays the same position where you already have 2 good players in Capela and Okongwu. If you were to tell me the Hawks' big plan for improving in '24 is drafting Sarr and playing him ahead of Capela/Okongwu, I'd be ECSTATIC as a Spurs fan in anticipation for another lottery pick. Only reason to worry is if the Hawks package the pick for good veteran help, say no. 1 for Herb Jones plus spare parts or something like that.

Sarr is not a non shooter and he’s a better offensive rebounder at this point. Capela is most likely gone and had negative net rating with Trae, Murray, Johnson. Could be addition by subtraction. Hes 30 yr old expiring too….not the same player he used to be. I like Herb but not a shot I trade #1 for him.

Sarr is a below 30% shooter from 3 and anemic rebounder, go look up his stats. That's not debatable.
Ball4life32
Analyst

Post#63 » by Ball4life32 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:37 am

wemby wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
wemby wrote:Sarr would be a rookie and is a non shooter and a bad rebounder, who plays the same position where you already have 2 good players in Capela and Okongwu. If you were to tell me the Hawks' big plan for improving in '24 is drafting Sarr and playing him ahead of Capela/Okongwu, I'd be ECSTATIC as a Spurs fan in anticipation for another lottery pick. Only reason to worry is if the Hawks package the pick for good veteran help, say no. 1 for Herb Jones plus spare parts or something like that.

Sarr is a below 30% shooter from 3 and anemic rebounder, go look up his stats. That's not debatable.

So did Wemby and I literally said he’s a better offensive rebounder at this point. Capela is a non shooter…..Sarr atleast has potential.
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,653

Post#64 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 15, 2024 11:41 am

wemby wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
wemby wrote:Sarr would be a rookie and is a non shooter and a bad rebounder, who plays the same position where you already have 2 good players in Capela and Okongwu. If you were to tell me the Hawks' big plan for improving in '24 is drafting Sarr and playing him ahead of Capela/Okongwu, I'd be ECSTATIC as a Spurs fan in anticipation for another lottery pick. Only reason to worry is if the Hawks package the pick for good veteran help, say no. 1 for Herb Jones plus spare parts or something like that.

Towns next to Sarr is a great fit. Sarr comp is JJJ and I think JJJ is one of the best pairings with Towns in all NBA.

Murray/Capela+ for Towns

OR

Trae/Capela for Towns

But I am not sure either guard works for Wolves. Conley was just re-signed, although old is great fit next to Edwards. Murray and Trae (more Trae) are questionable fits next to Edwards (taking ball too much out of Edwards hands).
wemby
Senior

Post#65 » by wemby » Wed May 15, 2024 11:41 am

Ball4life32 wrote:
wemby wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:Sarr is not a non shooter and he’s a better offensive rebounder at this point. Capela is most likely gone and had negative net rating with Trae, Murray, Johnson. Could be addition by subtraction. Hes 30 yr old expiring too….not the same player he used to be. I like Herb but not a shot I trade #1 for him.

So did Wemby and I literally said he’s a better offensive rebounder at this point. Capela is a non shooter…..Sarr atleast has potential.

Wemby and Sarr don't belong in the same sentence. But anyways, you're now making a different argument. Sure, as an 18 year old Sarr has a lot more potential as a shooter and a player overall than Capela, I'm just saying that's not going to happen in year 1 which is all I care about as far as the '25 pick is concerned.
wemby
Senior

Post#66 » by wemby » Wed May 15, 2024 11:43 am

Wolveswin wrote:
wemby wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:Sarr is not a non shooter and he’s a better offensive rebounder at this point. Capela is most likely gone and had negative net rating with Trae, Murray, Johnson. Could be addition by subtraction. Hes 30 yr old expiring too….not the same player he used to be. I like Herb but not a shot I trade #1 for him.

Towns next to Sarr is a great fit. Sarr comp is JJJ and I think JJJ is one of the best pairings with Towns in all NBA.

Murray/Capela+ for Towns

OR

Trae/Capela for Towns

But I am not sure either guard works for Wolves. Conley was just re-signed, although old is great fit next to Edwards. Murray and Trae (more Trae) are questionable fits next to Edwards (taking ball too much out of Edwards hands).

KAT >>> DJ, and Trae doesn't work for the Wolves. But this would really mess up the prospects of the Spurs owned '25 Hawks pick, short term it makes them MUCH better.
Ball4life32
Analyst

Post#67 » by Ball4life32 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:44 am

wemby wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
wemby wrote:Sarr is a below 30% shooter from 3 and anemic rebounder, go look up his stats. That's not debatable.

Wemby and Sarr don't belong in the same sentence. But anyways, you're now making a different argument. Sure, as an 18 year old Sarr has a lot more potential as a shooter and a player overall than Capela, I'm just saying that's not going to happen in year 1 which is all I care about as far as the '25 pick is concerned.

All I did was compare their 3 point %. Tankathon has him projected 33%+. I think Capela is not the same player he was a few years ago … not too worried about losing him.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,568

Post#68 » by dms269 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:45 am

wemby wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
wemby wrote:Sarr is a below 30% shooter from 3 and anemic rebounder, go look up his stats. That's not debatable.

So you want to bring up international stats when it helps your argument but when someone uses them to show the ridiculous of using them you want to shift the goal posts? No one is saying that Sarr and Wemby are on the same level, but if we cherry pick international statistics we can make it say whatever we want to.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
wemby
Senior

Post#69 » by wemby » Wed May 15, 2024 11:50 am

dms269 wrote:
wemby wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:So did Wemby and I literally said he’s a better offensive rebounder at this point. Capela is a non shooter…..Sarr atleast has potential.

So you want to bring up international stats when it helps your argument but when someone uses them to show the ridiculous of using them you want to shift the goal posts? No one is saying that Sarr and Wemby are on the same level, but if we cherry pick international statistics we can make it say whatever we want to.

Wembyu always had a much cleaner shot than Sarr, the reason his percentages were low has a lot more to do with shot selection, which is the same thing that happened in the NBA. First half of the season he took ill advised, one legged, long, contested 3s... percentages were bad. 2nd half of the season he cleaned it up, percentages went up immediately. Also, Wemby was shooting over 80% from the line before coming to the NBA, that's a lot better than Sarr and is an important hint. Just throwing numbers without context doesn't make a good argument.
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,653

Post#70 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 15, 2024 12:04 pm

wemby wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

Murray/Capela+ for Towns

OR

Trae/Capela for Towns

KAT >>> DJ, and Trae doesn't work for the Wolves. But this would really mess up the prospects of the Spurs owned '25 Hawks pick, short term it makes them MUCH better.

I don’t think Spurs are worried about Hawks picks. Hawks were an under achieving team LY about to add #1 overall pick. Spurs are only hoping Hawks blow it up without getting back own 1sts from Spurs.

To Spurs: Trae + Moore Jr

To Hawks: Towns + Keldon Johnson

To Wolves: #4 (PGOF) + Sochan + Capela + 2x 25 1sts (best of Spurs, Bulls, Hawks) via Spurs

Connelly would have Capela salary and enough assets to go shopping. Money crunch solved. Both GOF and FOF acquired.

Return to Trades and Transactions