ORL/Ingram Rumor...thoughts from the outside?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,829

ORL/Ingram Rumor...thoughts from the outside? 

Post#1 » by Skybox » Sat May 11, 2024 8:42 pm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Orlando Magic are the favorites to land Brandon Ingram, per <a href="https://twitter.com/BovadaOfficial?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BovadaOfficial</a> <br><br>Orlando Magic: +300<br>Atlanta Hawks: +400<br>Sacramento Kings: +750<br>Cleveland Cavaliers: +750<br>Philadelphia 76ers: +800<br>Phoenix Suns: +1000<br>San Antonio Spurs: +1000<br>New York Knicks: +1200<br>Miami Heat:… <a href="https://t.co/5k8j2SbP93">pic.twitter.com/5k8j2SbP93</a></p>&mdash; NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral) <a href="
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,683

Re: ORL/Ingram Rumor...thoughts from the outside? 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 11, 2024 8:57 pm

Don’t like this target for Orlando. And that’s not the overreaction to the playoffs. Just don’t love fitting him in or starting Suggs at point guard and him at the two?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,177

Post#3 » by tiderulz » Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 pm

another rumor with Orlando tagged because they have a lot of cap space. i have a feeling we are going to be mentioned by a lot of player agents to get more money
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,507

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Sat May 11, 2024 10:19 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Don’t like this target for Orlando. And that’s not the overreaction to the playoffs. Just don’t love fitting him in or starting Suggs at point guard and him at the two?

ya his game is too similar to wagner/banchero offensively
Cricket23
Senior
And1: 527

Post#5 » by Cricket23 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:34 pm

Don't like it for Orlando. Besides the fit, they have a good thing going, and I see BI as an expensive question mark.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,137

Post#6 » by Residual-Heat » Sat May 11, 2024 11:08 pm

Yeah he's not the right fit.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,913

Post#7 » by giberish » Sat May 11, 2024 11:10 pm

I agree with the others here. He's not a good target for Orlando. They really need a better 3-point threat as the guard next to Suggs.

I also question Ingram's overall value as he's a guy who needs the ball a lot to be effective (doesn't play very well off the ball) and while he's good enough in a ball-dominant role to help mediocre or poor offenses he's not really good enough in that role for a good offense. Add in his injury history (and it's very tough to deal with a ball-dominant guy going in and out of the rotation) and his UFA status (not worth a max deal but if you don't offer it he could get overpaid elsewhere).
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,667

Post#8 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat May 11, 2024 11:11 pm

Fully like Murray better as a fit. Even including age and I push age as much as Chuck says its a myth and ignore it. Or something, I kinda zoned it out at this point of Chris Paul proving me wrong.

But I like Ingram to Atlanta, Murray to Orlando and ? to NOP with the ? a lot of needing some definition.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#9 » by Skybox » Sat May 11, 2024 11:17 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Fully like Murray better as a fit. Even including age and I push age as much as Chuck says its a myth and ignore it. Or something, I kinda zoned it out at this point of Chris Paul proving me wrong.

But I like Ingram to Atlanta, Murray to Orlando and ? to NOP with the ? a lot of needing some definition.

Murray's my #1...wouldn't NOLA want him too?

I assume WCJ would be very welcome in NOLA as he can defend, pass, PnR, and spread the floor...very versatile guy whose strengths aren't necessarily highlighted between Franz & Paolo.

I think another poster was dead on...every agent will list ORL as a "threat" to pay their client. I think that's 100% where the Paul George and Klay rumors are based.

Monk's a real one. Makes a lot of sense for ORL and Monk...possibly Hartenstein too. Ingram, who isn't even a FA, doesn't make much sense...ORL fans honestly enjoying seeing the national attention - even if it's fake :lol:
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,779

Post#10 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 11, 2024 11:25 pm

Since when has Vegas become a rumor?

That's just where they think he would land if traded. Am I missing something or is this a legit rumor?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,967

Post#11 » by MotownMadness » Sat May 11, 2024 11:28 pm

Needs to go to Detroit
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,932

Post#12 » by RookieStar » Sun May 12, 2024 6:00 am

So... any 6'10 ball-handling SF is linked to us?

Well.. you know what they say, whats better than one unicorn oversized ballhandling SF? Obviously its 2 unicorn oversized ballhandling SF. So whats btter than 2 unicorn oversized ballhandling SF? Obviously its 3!
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,308

Post#13 » by NotACat » Sun May 12, 2024 1:26 pm

tiderulz wrote:another rumor with Orlando tagged because they have a lot of cap space. i have a feeling we are going to be mentioned by a lot of player agents to get more money

Yup. When it comes to Orlando, we know that morning gets leaked. We can count on any rumor involving them to be driven by the other party
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#14 » by Euphonetiks » Sun May 12, 2024 3:40 pm

NotACat wrote:
tiderulz wrote:another rumor with Orlando tagged because they have a lot of cap space. i have a feeling we are going to be mentioned by a lot of player agents to get more money

Yup. When it comes to Orlando, we know that morning gets leaked. We can count on any rumor involving them to be driven by the other party

It’s not a rumor though. It’s a line. This is just what Vegas thinks is most likely to happen.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,148

Post#15 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:50 pm

I don't mind it for Orlando. I think they could use another scorer to take so.e pressure off Ranchero.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Skybox
RealGM

Post#16 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 12:40 am

This is growing on me...if you're going to have redundant players - how do you stop 3 guys, ranging from 6'8 to 6'10, who can all handle at a high level, score inside & out, and gather 5 assists each?

I've been saying all season that you can't just give it to Paolo (or Franz) and watch...he's extremely capable, but it's just not a sustainable offensive (lack of a) scheme...BUT, what if you had THREE of them and, as time went on, they developed great ball movement between them? :o It would be a completely unprecedented offensive approach, coupled with ORL's elite team defense.

ORL could simply absorb Ingram into cap space, but there will certainly be a cost to obtain him from NOLA, even if he's worn out his welcome there. You can assume that Paolo, Franz, and Suggs are not available...I have no doubt that Weltman would simply drop out of the Ingram sweepstakes if that were not the case.

How much value does NOLA place on the significant cap space ORL could provide?
Would NOLA accept a largely pick-heavy offer or are win-now players what they demand?
*maybe ORL sends picks to POR, who sends a vet or two to NOLA...Brogdon, even Ayton :o ?

I don't see how ORL could fill the hole at C if they sent WCJ to NOLA (who'd be great with Zion)...maybe if they sent more salaried players, ORL would maintain enough cap space to go chase Claxton or Hartenstein...but they'd be getting into DEEP financial water.

Might have to include Isaac, who NOLA fans will resist because of the injury history, but when he's on the court, there's NOBODY like him and he was solid all year, even in limited minutes. That might also be a non-starter for Coach Mosely whose defensive culture will define him as a coach (hopefully not his offense-so far :lol: ).

Not sure how much NOLA expects back and how much they want rid of him and who else would have the room or the trade return to satisfy NOLA...even if ORL just sent them 3 frps and a swap and took Ingram into cap space, NOLA would then be armed and ready to make the next deal with those picks and TE.

Also, is Ingram a D@#k? I really don't know what kind of guy he is.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,308

Post#17 » by NotACat » Sat May 18, 2024 1:51 am

Happens every season and they still fall for it. Info about the Magic ops never leaks.
flranger
Senior
And1: 845

Post#18 » by flranger » Sat May 18, 2024 1:51 am

As much as I love the Magic and kinda hate his game, I'm all for MPJ trade to the Magic. Spot and shoot my boy
YayBasketball
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#19 » by YayBasketball » Sat May 18, 2024 2:02 am

Skybox wrote:This is growing on me...if you're going to have redundant players - how do you stop 3 guys, ranging from 6'8 to 6'10, who can all handle at a high level, score inside & out, and gather 5 assists each?

I've been saying all season that you can't just give it to Paolo (or Franz) and watch...he's extremely capable, but it's just not a sustainable offensive (lack of a) scheme...BUT, what if you had THREE of them and, as time went on, they developed great ball movement between them? :o It would be a completely unprecedented offensive approach, coupled with ORL's elite team defense.

ORL could simply absorb Ingram into cap space, but there will certainly be a cost to obtain him from NOLA, even if he's worn out his welcome there. You can assume that Paolo, Franz, and Suggs are not available...I have no doubt that Weltman would simply drop out of the Ingram sweepstakes if that were not the case.

How much value does NOLA place on the significant cap space ORL could provide?
Would NOLA accept a largely pick-heavy offer or are win-now players what they demand?
*maybe ORL sends picks to POR, who sends a vet or two to NOLA...Brogdon, even Ayton :o ?

I don't see how ORL could fill the hole at C if they sent WCJ to NOLA (who'd be great with Zion)...maybe if they sent more salaried players, ORL would maintain enough cap space to go chase Claxton or Hartenstein...but they'd be getting into DEEP financial water.

Might have to include Isaac, who NOLA fans will resist because of the injury history, but when he's on the court, there's NOBODY like him and he was solid all year, even in limited minutes. That might also be a non-starter for Coach Mosely whose defensive culture will define him as a coach (hopefully not his offense-so far :lol: ).

Not sure how much NOLA expects back and how much they want rid of him and who else would have the room or the trade return to satisfy NOLA...even if ORL just sent them 3 frps and a swap and took Ingram into cap space, NOLA would then be armed and ready to make the next deal with those picks and TE.

Also, is Ingram a D@#k? I really don't know what kind of guy he is.

Indeed, that would be a really unique team building approach. Would fit GM Hammond's track record of long, skilled wing creators. The fit seems clunky, with none of Paolo, Franz, Suggs or BI being above average 3 pt. spacers. And Ingram hasn't been very effective off-ball, as seen on team USA and playing off Zion with the Pels.

David Griffin will likely want back a win-now core piece. WCJ, Isaac, Cole A. , Jett, are the only players of value Pels would want back (assuming PB, FW, JS, and Mo are off limits). Unless the package is something like WCJ, Isaac, Jett and 1sts, I don't see Griffin prioritizing cap savings (also applies to a potential 76ers offer). So if ORL isn't offering that kind of deal, then a 3rd team is needed, and I think the players would have to be better than Brogdon/Ayton.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,454

Post#20 » by babyjax13 » Sat May 18, 2024 6:25 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:Fully like Murray better as a fit. Even including age and I push age as much as Chuck says its a myth and ignore it. Or something, I kinda zoned it out at this point of Chris Paul proving me wrong.

WCJ would be a good fit with Zion, and add picks?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions