Mavs/Blazers/Pistons

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Astaluego
Junior
And1: 149

Mavs/Blazers/Pistons 

Post#1 » by Astaluego » Sun May 12, 2024 1:21 pm

MAVS
In:Brogdon
Out:THJ/Powell/Raptors 25 SRP

Mavs get talent upgrade

BLAZERS
In:Powell/Raptors 25 SRP /52
Out:34/40

They save a lot of money this year, while getting what should be a good SRP in a good Draft. (they also already have 2 lottery selections)

PISTONS
In:THJ/34/40
Out:52

They get a veteran they were rumored to like in their last FA and get paid for it (similar to the trade they made for JHarris last year)
Old Mike Lorenzo
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,532

Re: Mavs/Blazers/Pistons 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Sun May 12, 2024 1:22 pm

I think blazers can get a team to absorb brogdon without attaching seconds (orlando, SAS etc) if they are going that route
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,041

Post#3 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 12, 2024 1:29 pm

Hate it for the Pistons, they shouldn't be selling cap space, they should go all out and max one of OG or Siakam.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,624

Post#4 » by JRoy » Sun May 12, 2024 1:34 pm

Terrible for POR
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,696

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Sun May 12, 2024 1:40 pm

If Dallas really wants Brogdon (before knowing if you can keep DJJ***) I think they owe a future 2nd to Portland here at least. And probably no need for both of Portland’s seconds. If even either one of them.

Portland shouldn’t do this though.

I know Portland’s cap situation is a hot topic, but THJ/Brogdon swap saves them 6 million. So just adding a vet min to Dallas, you’re still saving Portland over 4 million. That’s half of the money they need to save and they still have too many player to start the season.. Don’t think they involve Detroit and give up any value here. By the end of the offseason, you’d hope to have traded at least 1 of Ayton/Williams and at least of one THJ/Thybulle/Simons. Trimming a couple million off each one and throwing a vet min (Reath or Rupert or Walker) in and you’re plenty clear of the tax without giving up any real value to do it.

For Dallas, it looks like really good value honestly. But I can’t send out THJ and not get a wing back before I know if DJJ is kept. Especially if it doesn’t save money to open the MLE.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,628

Post#6 » by Myth » Sun May 12, 2024 2:36 pm

It is the right path, but a little off in value for Portland. I think if you remove the 34 and 52, they say yes. Not sure if Pistons say yes though.
JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore
And1: 61

Post#7 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Sun May 12, 2024 2:46 pm

Great from a Pistons perspective- they pick up an expiring shooter and two better seconds. THJ could be traded at the deadline for more assets.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,268

Post#8 » by BDM22 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:37 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:Great from a Pistons perspective- they pick up an expiring shooter and two better seconds. THJ could be traded at the deadline for more assets.

It's not far off from the Joe Harris deal to be honest. THJ has looked absolutely cooked the last couple of months.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,325

Post#9 » by vege » Sun May 12, 2024 6:14 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:Great from a Pistons perspective- they pick up an expiring shooter and two better seconds. THJ could be traded at the deadline for more assets.

Joe Harris 2.0. If we continue to do trades like this we will continue to be a sub 20 win team and Cade will demand a trade in a couple of years. THJr is a very bad player (inneficient volume scoreer that plays 0 defense), and he has not been a good shooter.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,879

Post#10 » by Norm2953 » Sun May 12, 2024 6:25 pm

Brogdon is an expiring contract. If Portland just pays the tax, they will be in fine shape financially
for they can let Brogdon and Thybulle walk in 2025/2026.

Hard to say what type of team Portland will field this upcoming season for they still have 4 guards who
can play in the league and if TL is healthy, have two guys to play center with Grant to play one of the
forward spots. Team has two lottery picks that hopefully will be able to help up front.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,860

Post#11 » by theBigLip » Sun May 12, 2024 11:51 pm

vege wrote:

Joe Harris 2.0. If we continue to do trades like this we will continue to be a sub 20 win team and Cade will demand a trade in a couple of years. THJr is a very bad player (inneficient volume scoreer that plays 0 defense), and he has not been a good shooter.

Totally agree. Pistons have $60-70M+ in cap space, so that’s 3 good players. Can the Pistons get 3 players better than THJ this summer? I sure hope so. This trade is a waste of cap space.

Return to Trades and Transactions