Charlotte - Phoenix 2.0: Who Says No?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Who Says No?

Hornets
No votes
Suns
67%
Neither
11%
Both
22%

Total votes: 9

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Charlotte - Phoenix 2.0: Who Says No? 

Post#1 » by NYG » Thu May 2, 2024 1:59 am

Vasilije Micic and Nick Richards for Jusuf Nurkic and 22nd Overall Pick

Hornets add a veteran center and another 1st rounder without giving up a ton.
Suns get a replacement center and a point guard to help push Beal to the bench.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,171

Re: Charlotte - Phoenix 2.0: Who Says No? 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Thu May 2, 2024 2:47 am

Yikes, seems poor for Phoenix, who spends the salary slot of Nurkic AND the #22 pick in the draft for 2 non-impact players who may or may not be able to play in the post-season.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,448

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 2, 2024 2:49 am

Colbinii wrote:Yikes, seems poor for Phoenix, who spends the salary slot of Nurkic AND the #22 pick in the draft for 2 non-impact players who may or may not be able to play in the post-season.

to be fair its hard to find a real impact player with just nurkic and 22
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#4 » by NYG » Thu May 2, 2024 3:08 am

Colbinii wrote:Yikes, seems poor for Phoenix, who spends the salary slot of Nurkic AND the #22 pick in the draft for 2 non-impact players who may or may not be able to play in the post-season.

I'm not sure the gap between Nurkic and Richards is as big as you suggest, but maybe the Suns would be wiser to trade down and do this deal with a lower pick?
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#5 » by They_Them_Hatin » Thu May 2, 2024 3:09 am

It would have to be Richard’s & 2nds straight up for Nurkic & 22. If we can dump Roddy we’ll be under the 2nd Apron.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#6 » by They_Them_Hatin » Thu May 2, 2024 3:12 am

NYG wrote:

I'm not sure the gap between Nurkic and Richards is as big as you suggest, but maybe the Suns would be wiser to trade down and do this deal with a lower pick?

Yeah I think they’ll trade down with the Knicks or Jazz. Or even the Pacers for a ton of 2nd round picks.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,298

Post#7 » by Slim Charless » Thu May 2, 2024 3:49 am

They_Them_Hatin wrote:
NYG wrote:

Yeah I think they’ll trade down with the Knicks or Jazz. Or even the Pacers for a ton of 2nd round picks.

Add in Grant Williams and it's closer. We need a dirty work PF who can play with fire. Plus, it'd be very amusing watching him and Draymond play 4 times a year.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,585

Post#8 » by HornetJail » Thu May 2, 2024 3:54 am

NYG wrote:

I'm assuming the #22 is mainly the valuation for Micic because Richards is pretty bad, and relegated to 3rd string on almost every team.

I'm quite happy with this deal from Charlotte's standpoint even though we really do need a reliable facilitator on our bench.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,303

Post#9 » by amcoolio » Thu May 2, 2024 5:14 am

I don't see the point in trading a point guard that plays really nice team ball and can pass when LaMelo misses so much time and we have no other point guards

Charlotte can just draft Clingan and have no use whatsoever for Nurkic
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
DrModesty
Junior
And1: 515

Post#10 » by DrModesty » Thu May 2, 2024 5:27 am

I think both say no but I like the idea and general structure. Nice proposal.

Return to Trades and Transactions