Malkin

McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Malkin 

Post#1 » by McFurious1 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:04 pm

Anyone have any idea how many points he'll get this season?

I drafted him 8th overall over Ovechkin (pre-draft I had Ovechkin over Malkin) good choice?

Any chance he plays on the same line as Crosby?
Yahoo has him listed as winger.
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Re: Malkin 

Post#2 » by Griff83 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:11 pm

McFurious1 wrote:Anyone have any idea how many points he'll get this season?

I drafted him 8th overall over Ovechkin (pre-draft I had Ovechkin over Malkin) good choice?

Any chance he plays on the same line as Crosby?
Yahoo has him listed as winger.

I personally would have rather had Ovie over Malking for this coming season as I think he will have a huge year playing with either Nylander or Kozlov as his centermen. Id say Malkin will get around 90-95 pts next season, but im pretty positive he wont be playing on Crosby's line (Ive heard Sykora and Roberts will be his wingers).
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by timd1218 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:49 pm

I think Malkin was the better choice. Last season, if you watched Malkin play, he seemed timid. I think that had to do with him not understanding the language, plus the cultural differences and everything he went through in the off season. He was just too tired towards the end of the year. This season, he will be much better. He has so much talent. Ovechkin will be playing against the other teams top defenseman and Malkin won't. Malkin will get a lot more power play time then Ovechkin. Malkin will probably be playing with Staal and Roberts. Possibly Christensen instead of Roberts. He won't be playing with Sykora. Sykora will be on the top line.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
Griff83
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by Griff83 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:06 pm

timd1218 wrote:I think Malkin was the better choice. Last season, if you watched Malkin play, he seemed timid. I think that had to do with him not understanding the language, plus the cultural differences and everything he went through in the off season. He was just too tired towards the end of the year. This season, he will be much better. He has so much talent. Ovechkin will be playing against the other teams top defenseman and Malkin won't. Malkin will get a lot more power play time then Ovechkin. Malkin will probably be playing with Staal and Roberts. Possibly Christensen instead of Roberts. He won't be playing with Sykora. Sykora will be on the top line.

Hows that?
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by timd1218 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:13 am

BlueJay_ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hows that?

Because the Pens draw the most amount of penalties.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#6 » by McFurious1 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:18 am

I do have Nylander, but I think (counting on) the penguins are going to explode this year and could be the coming of the 91 & 92 pens.

There's a potential of another Mario/Jagar + Crosby/Malkin in the making.
Griff83
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by Griff83 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:01 pm

timd1218 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because the Pens draw the most amount of penalties.

with the additions of Nylander, Kozlov and Backstrom im sure the penalties drawn between the 2 teams will be alot closer then it was last season.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by timd1218 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:14 pm

BlueJay_ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

with the additions of Nylander, Kozlov and Backstrom im sure the penalties drawn between the 2 teams will be alot closer then it was last season.

Even if it is closer, it still doesn't matter. Malkin will still have more PP time.

Return to Fantasy Hockey