Official CBA Discussion Thread

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,576

Re: Official CBA Discussion Thread 

Post#101 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:54 am

I blame both sides because to me the owners could get the contract issues they want if they just pay more money. Giving players entire Make Whole/no rollbacks would likely close it. As far as I can tell the diff between their last offer and the entire Make Whole is like 3 mil per owner spread out over 4 seasons with probably half of that being immediate which is what really matters. So they're potentially going to sacrifice 2 weeks-a month more of games and however much revenue that means just for the chance to save like 1 mil or 1.5 mil and a half in immediate money. That's fking stupid. I have to think losing 2 weeks of games comes close to losing them that 1-1.5 mil
akakalakin
Sixth Man
And1: 245

Post#102 » by akakalakin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Does de-certification lead to null and void contracts for everyone?

That would be amazing, unlimited free agency - wild wild west

sadly I don`t think it does
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#103 » by ohara » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Games canceled thru 1/14/13. Saw on ESPN that sources say if no agreement by mid Jan., the entire season may be cancelled.
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,939

Post#104 » by Ado05 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:11 pm

TBH, im in more of I don't care that much anymore kind of mindset. I know i'll be back, I just don't know when.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#105 » by ohara » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:34 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/2 ... disclaimer

Good little article from ESPN which breaks down a few of the major sticking points. So far, no more talks are set. And since we are in the period right at Christmas and taking us through New Years Day, not really looking like you are going to see anything done before 1/2/13. I fear we have lost a 2nd full season in less than a decade. Such a shame. The NHL was starting to make it back since the lost season a few years ago. But another lost season this quickly is really going to hurt the sport more than they realize. Die hards will still watch, but with less enthusiasm and they will care less. Think the sport will lose many of the new viewers they worked so hard to get over the past few years. This whole mess just angers me.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#106 » by ohara » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:43 pm

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/87866 ... ource-says

Looks like the NHL has made another proposal yesterday which does move some on the sticking points. Hopefully it is close enough to make the NHLPA accept. If not, looks like the season will be lost. Hoping for good news.

Looks like the NHLPA made a counter today and the NHL will meet Tuesday 1/1/13 to discuss. Seems to be some progress being made, so hopefully we get good news soon. Need me some hockey to watch!
ohara
Head Coach

Post#107 » by ohara » Tue Jan 1, 2013 11:49 pm

The fact that the parties are back negotiating all day long on New Year's Day is a good sign. Dont think they would be doing this if there was not some significant progress. Starting to feel we may get good word very soon. Dont think I can take another breakdown is talks because the season would then be lost. Come on guys! Get it done!

No deal yet. But NHL makes a comprehensive counter and the two sides will likely meet again on Wednesday. Progress is progress, and better than walking away from the table.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#108 » by ohara » Thu Jan 3, 2013 2:54 pm

NHLPA electing NOT to disband is a good sign that the progress being made is significant enough that the Union feels a deal can be made soon. Feeling a good bit more confident the past couple days that we will see hockey soon.
Bandwaggoner
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#109 » by Bandwaggoner » Fri Jan 4, 2013 7:43 am

ohara wrote:NHLPA electing NOT to disband is a good sign that the progress being made is significant enough that the Union feels a deal can be made soon. Feeling a good bit more confident the past couple days that we will see hockey soon.

UGH, after today it doesn't look too good. I'm still hoping that the PA won't use the disclaimer thing and it's just a failed negotiation tactic. Really, why would you lose an entire season just for pensions issues and $5 in cap? That **** would be dealt with in a matter of seconds if it was any of the other 3 major leagues.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#110 » by ohara » Fri Jan 4, 2013 2:09 pm

Bandwaggoner wrote:
ohara wrote:NHLPA electing NOT to disband is a good sign that the progress being made is significant enough that the Union feels a deal can be made soon. Feeling a good bit more confident the past couple days that we will see hockey soon.

UGH, after today it doesn't look too good. I'm still hoping that the PA won't use the disclaimer thing and it's just a failed negotiation tactic. Really, why would you lose an entire season just for pensions issues and $5 in cap? That **** would be dealt with in a matter of seconds if it was any of the other 3 major leagues.

True. Very disheartening to hear they are having another Disclaimer vote today. Supposed to be another round of negotiations today, and I am hopeful that this measure by the NHLPA is merely a negotiation tactic to help. But you never know what line of BS they are being fed by Union leadership under Fehr. I am all for the Players getting their piece of the pie, but I am no fan of Mr. Fehr. I think he'd just as soon see everything go up in smoke than be seen as someone who caved in on an issue, even if compromising that position would be smart at the time. Guess we will see soon enough.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#111 » by ajaX82 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:30 am

NHL and the PA agree on 10 year CBA deal...maybe the end looms near

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#112 » by trwi7 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 2:39 am

Thank you! Still missed way more games than they had to but it's nice to get a deal done and to finally have hockey.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#113 » by ohara » Sun Jan 6, 2013 1:12 pm

Great news! Get it finalized and let's drop the puck!
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#114 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Jan 6, 2013 1:28 pm

trwi7 wrote:Thank you! Still missed way more games than they had to but it's nice to get a deal done and to finally have hockey.

If the season does resume how many games would they play out? Since its already January and they need atleast a month before the regular season starts then whats the point of playing like 30 games?
ohara
Head Coach

Post#115 » by ohara » Sun Jan 6, 2013 2:09 pm

I think they have a very abbreviated set of games before they start the regular season. They will play only Conference games also from what I heard. Nothing out of Conference until the Cup is being decided.
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,939

Post#116 » by Ado05 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm so happy. Man, it feels good to have hockey back.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#117 » by ajaX82 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:24 pm

Thoughts are that it will be a 48 or 50 game season. Glad it's back!
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#118 » by WEFFPIM » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:02 pm

It took wasting away half a season to come to a deal. What a stupid job by all involved.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#119 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:03 pm

trwi7 wrote:Thank you! Still missed way more games than they had to but it's nice to get a deal done and to finally have hockey.

Agreed. It's over it's done, lets just play.

Oddly enough I had a dream last night that hockey came back but Tuuka couldn't get out of his contract overseas so the Bruins went with a middle aged African-American woman named Cynthia at goalie.
TheRealistGM
Veteran
And1: 849

Post#120 » by TheRealistGM » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:49 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:

Agreed. It's over it's done, lets just play.

Oddly enough I had a dream last night that hockey came back but Tuuka couldn't get out of his contract overseas so the Bruins went with a middle aged African-American woman named Cynthia at goalie.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL, thats hilarious

Return to The General NHL Board