ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread (all trade ideas here. No exceptions)

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,463

Re: Official Trade Thread (all trade ideas here. No exceptions) 

Post#81 » by rpa » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:09 am

islander009 wrote:^ with possible talk of opting out, losing 2.5 mil for one year for a chance at a championship? hmm i will take the championship. Lets go for artest in the offseason, ship out vlad and luke for a big or for a pick. Or try to convince Detroit for an odom for prince deal. Guys we need to stack our defense. Guys like vlad and luke have been inconsistent the entire year, we already have kobe and pau, then having a healthy bynum will give us a boost on offense. We need some defense at the 3 spot.

It's not just 2.5mil for a single year that he's losing though. He'd more than likely be losing out on a S&T if he went to the Lakers (which would cost him something closer to $20-30mil over the rest of his career); he'd also be losing out on a possible trade to another contending team (which would cost him the same amount over the life of the deal).

I already railed on the Hoopsworld article on the Kings board so no need to do it again at length but I will say that it's a complete and utter joke (and pure BS).
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#82 » by kombayn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:20 am

The Lakers need to S&T for Corey Maggette I think. Maggs would add such depth at the SF position and he would put all kinds of teams into major foul trouble. They need a player who slashes to the basket to take pressure off everyone else, Corey is not only strong enough to do it I think he'd be a perfect complement to the team. The Lakers over-achieved this year, but next year, no excuses... It's championship or bust for them next season. :starwars
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#83 » by tracey_nice » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:55 am

I think the Lakers priority number 1 should be getting rid of Luke Walton. Seriously, can anyone tell me one thing this guy does well? And, don't say he is intelligent; myth, or excellent passer; how many times does he turn it over, or put guys in just terrible positions. GET RID OF LUKE.
blackham9258
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Ak for Odom 

Post#84 » by blackham9258 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:12 am

You guys need the defense, we need the cap relief.

What do you think?
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Re: Ak for Odom 

Post#85 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:14 am

he can't shoot well enough for a SF
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#86 » by milesfides » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:24 am

I'd probably do it, but I love the hurt and passion in Odom's voice and face after the game. I think as the game winded down, he finally realized what was happening. He was the only guy playing with passion, and give him credit for doing that in a 40 point game. If he had played with that aggressiveness all series, he would have had a much larger impact.

But he's a guy with a lot of pride, and as he said, "I'm looking forward to October." I just love seeing that kind of attitude. I haven't seen it with Odom until now.

It's part of the experience. Like Pat Riley once said, you have to lose to learn how to win. I think Odom will work hard on his game this summer. Like he's never done before. I've never seen Odom this affected. You can't pay or trade for that kind of experience.

But I've always loved AK47. I think his shooting is underrated. He's also a great halfcourt passer, and moves extremely well without the ball. Another player who will fit great in the triangle. Defensively, he's as good as you can get at small forward. He would have made a HELL of a difference this series.

Still, the larger question is whether Buss is willing to pay a large amount of luxury tax, whether it's Odom, AK47, or anybody else.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
blackham9258
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#87 » by blackham9258 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:30 am

As much as the Jazz are going to need the cap relief, I do think they would have a hard time trading AK to LA, their arch rival. AK is perfectly suited for your offense. He is one of the games best passers and would be perfect for the triangle. He also is a tough rebounder and obviously one of the games best shot blockers. As much as I like Odom...AK is better for you guys and would be the final piece to the LA puzzle. I think because of that, the Jazz might not do the trade. But, I think they should for cap reasons.
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#88 » by doozyj » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:33 am

No on AK, he in my opinion is too soft. It's easy to overlook other players flaws until they are on your team. Now all of us can see Pau's.
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#89 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:37 am

Lamar
was more aggressive because he wanted rack up points so he would avoid some blame. All those moves, aggression, were meaningless. His basketball IQ isn't that great either. He's been the same player ever since he got here. Jump-shot is still garbage. You know he's going left. I love his passion sometimes too like in the phoenix series a couple years ago when he was playing hurt but the guy can't get it done.
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#90 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 am

blackham9258 wrote:As much as the Jazz are going to need the cap relief, I do think they would have a hard time trading AK to LA, their arch rival. AK is perfectly suited for your offense. He is one of the games best passers and would be perfect for the triangle. He also is a tough rebounder and obviously one of the games best shot blockers. As much as I like Odom...AK is better for you guys and would be the final piece to the LA puzzle. I think because of that, the Jazz might not do the trade. But, I think they should for cap reasons.

Do you think we don't watch basketball? I would not want this guy, ever.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#91 » by Chubby Chaser » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 am

I like his defense but i'd pass on AK for Odom. I'd rather trade him for artest, or other possible players. I'd keep Odom over AK.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#92 » by DubaLakers » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:16 am

AK for Odom, no thanks. Odom comes off the books next year we'll trade him mid season next year IMO.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#93 » by DubaLakers » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:22 am

We can't get rid of Walton, he's got a long term contract and is not a NBA asset, get used to him. We have to move Vlad Rad, everyone else can stay, but if you insist on moving Lamar, I'd love SJax for LO.
berdy
Freshman

Post#94 » by berdy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:31 am

Maybe we can get Artest and Kirk Hinrich if that's even possible 8-) with the Bulls probably drafting Rose, that would make Hinrich available for trades. That would make a solid defensive line up:

pg - hinrich
sg - kobe
sf - artest
pf - gasol or odom (whoever doesn't get traded)
c - bynum

:clap:
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,445

Post#95 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:46 am

i think it is in odom's interest that he signs an extension during the off-season

hopefully we get a good deal

you think hed accept 4 yrs 9mil per after his contract ends?
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#96 » by Gek » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:54 pm

berdy wrote:Maybe we can get Artest and Kirk Hinrich if that's even possible 8-) with the Bulls probably drafting Rose, that would make Hinrich available for trades. That would make a solid defensive line up:

pg - hinrich
sg - kobe
sf - artest
pf - gasol or odom (whoever doesn't get traded)
c - bynum

:clap:

why would we trade Gasol?
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#97 » by Gek » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Akiho wrote:i think it is in odom's interest that he signs an extension during the off-season

hopefully we get a good deal

you think hed accept 4 yrs 9mil per after his contract ends?

They were just someone discussing this on First Take, only not about Odom, about the 2010 draft class. With all these players coming into Boston, will stars be willing to take less money to come together to win a championship. It's different with Odom then it is Bosh, Lebron, etc because they make a lot of money off the court, but it still applies in my opinion.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,585

Post#98 » by hermes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:28 pm

pass, not really sold on ak
islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Post#99 » by islander009 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:52 pm

AK has great passing skills, a good rebounder, blocks shots, plays great defense when he isnt hurt.....but i dont think he will play any better then he does with the Jazz. He really didnt have a great year with injuries and his unhappiness playing there. I dont think he will play any better or rejuvenated like Pau did when he was traded. So no to the trade. Id rather have a odom for artest plus filler or even a marion. both of those players play great defense but unfortunately both have been some type of headcase with their teams.
SPuL
Senior

Post#100 » by SPuL » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:57 pm

No thanks on any more Euros..

Pau & Vlade provide more than enough softness for 1 team..

Return to Los Angeles Lakers