ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN Radio: Kwame to be bought out and return to LA?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#41 » by milesfides » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:28 am

Haha, that would be hilarious if we picked up Kwame for the minimum. That would be freaking sweet, what are you guys talking about.

The Lakers would do that in a heartbeat - they like Kwame.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#42 » by Tommy Trojan » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:48 am

I would take Kwame back with open arms, for MLE.

I would love us to keep Lamar for about 5 to 7 mil per.
Griever24
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#43 » by Griever24 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:00 am

TyCobb wrote:NO! DON'T COME BACK!

lol have to agree with this but if he does come back i hope its for the minimal
jakeDsnake
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#44 » by jakeDsnake » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:21 am

Just say No to Kwame.

He's horrible, just horrible. :noway:
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,935

Post#45 » by dockingsched » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:11 am

i'd love for the lakers to get kwame back. i also think every single player would enjoy getting him back. for the minimum he'd be a steal.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
ARodr21
Starter

Post#46 » by ARodr21 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:51 am

Rumor is he is heading to Charlate to reunite with Jordan.

LOL

I predict the dork gets signed by PHX to the minimum to finish the season.

There is value can only go up alongside Nash and then PHX will have another big body they desperately need at throwing at Duncan and now the Lakers.

I doubt Kwame sits out 4 weeks to come back to be booed.

Book it he will be in PHX at least that is what I would do if I was Kwame...

Boston is another posibility so is Detorit but again these teams dont have to the potential to raise your value like PHX can.
Image Image Image
Florida International University
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,935

Post#47 » by dockingsched » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:53 am

i think kwame is quite comfortable with the lakers roster. he's made too many good friends to start fresh somewhere else. when he got booed everyone came to his defense.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kreuk
Analyst

Post#48 » by Kreuk » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:54 am

kwame's going to come back and be the laker's resident baker.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#49 » by Erik Eleven » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:18 am

When Shaq attacked Bynum, Kwame was the first off the bench, and he looked ready to kill. That's all I need to know.

Bring him back for pennies if they buy him out. His team mates love him.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#50 » by BruceO » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:38 am

Wiz fan here. I'm also a laker fan so thats a really good trade. Kinda happy cause the C's were acting so arrogant like their taking it all. After having such a crappy team last year. Anyway the Wiz, Magic, Detroit and Cavs have taken it to them. Hope you guys do the same.
It's highway robbery plus Gasol's salary isnt that high. At first I thought you gave up Odom and now to find out you gave up Brown and might get him back? thats crazy! I say hang on to Kwame, every few years or so he turns into a caron or a gasol in a trade apparently. It's like magic. You guys are lucky you have some memphis connections to do deals with. You're also lucky you have a major market team so you can pull deals like this which the league loves.
I'd hate to be a bulls fan right now. you guys got the team the bulls wanted which was a Kobe/ gasol pairing. Imagine all this happening within a year, Fisher comes back cause of issues with his daughter, You don't trade Bynum and he blows up, Farmar develops, Mo evans goes for Ariza, Brown for Gasol, Vujacic is getting better, turiaf hustles, Odom is still there. Crazy...
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,516

Post#51 » by The Laker Kid » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:50 am

That sucks that we will lose MBENGA... he quickly became my favorite player out there
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#52 » by semi-sentient » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:10 am

Erik Eleven wrote:When Shaq attacked Bynum, Kwame was the first off the bench, and he looked ready to kill. That's all I need to know.

Bring him back for pennies if they buy him out. His team mates love him.

Have to agree with that. Kwame is the best backup center we can realistically afford, and it would be wise for us to show interest in him (assuming he gets bought out) before he is taken by either the Spurs or Celtics, both of which would probably love to have him at a cheap price. Having a guy like Gasol ensures that we never have to worry about offense, so Kwame's weaknesses will be covered. All he'll need to do is play his usual defense and score efficiently (>50%) when given the opportunity.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Triangle Theory
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by Triangle Theory » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:12 am

kwame is a good team mate. i would bring him back for a decent price. will he wait 30 days, however?
BRINGTHEPAIN wrote:Paul is the best player in the NBA. Nobody does it better at both ends.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
P2
Banned User

Post#54 » by P2 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:40 am

If Kwame waits 30 days, he can only be signed after March 1. Players signed after this date are ineligible for the playoffs, so that would make no sense for the Lakers to sign him.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#55 » by Sofa King » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:47 am

P2 wrote:If Kwame waits 30 days, he can only be signed after March 1. Players signed after this date are ineligible for the playoffs, so that would make no sense for the Lakers to sign him.

Kwame rarely shows up during the playoffs anyway so that doesn't matter. Besides, Bynum is out and having Kwame back for the season still helps the Lakers.
P2
Banned User

Post#56 » by P2 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:57 am

Sofa King wrote:Kwame rarely shows up during the playoffs anyway so that doesn't matter. Besides, Bynum is out and having Kwame back for the season still helps the Lakers.

But would Kwame rather sign with you, or go deep into the Playoffs with the C's, and sign with another team (or the same) after this season?
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#57 » by Sofa King » Sat Feb 2, 2008 11:12 am

P2 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But would Kwame rather sign with you, or go deep into the Playoffs with the C's, and sign with another team (or the same) after this season?

This is Kwame we're talking about here. Kwame Brown!
zen_4_10
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#58 » by zen_4_10 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:42 pm

^^ exactly...this guy does not live to compete. He'll be happy just to hang with his friends.
feoekells2
Freshman

Post#59 » by feoekells2 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:28 pm

If a player is waived after March 1, he is ineligible to be included in the playoff roster of any team that signs him for the remainder of that season.

NBA Players Association

If Kwame gets waived this month then we can still put him on the playoff roster.
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,456

Post#60 » by Lost Angel » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:32 pm

^ i doubt he would return. he must have some pride at least.

He should sign with the Suns. that way he can still help us by messing up their offense.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers