Post#81 » by GopherIt! » Wed May 1, 2024 4:16 am

going Ham was always a bad idea.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,236

Re: Darvin Ham... The weak link? 

Post#82 » by Kilroy » Wed May 1, 2024 4:39 am

Ham's a bad coach, but I'm not sure there's a coach in history that could win a championship with a LeBron/AD core at this stage in their careers, in the Cap era...

I'm just saying, yes we should move on from Ham... But we shouldn't be naive and think that's going to change us much...

The LeBron era has entered the stage where each passing season diminishes the legacy.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#83 » by stan francisco » Wed May 1, 2024 12:45 pm

I am counting down the days until it’s announced. Tall order to deliver in the house of PJ and Riley.

Handy as interim?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#84 » by stan francisco » Wed May 1, 2024 12:52 pm

Kilroy wrote:Ham's a bad coach, but I'm not sure there's a coach in history that could win a championship with a LeBron/AD core at this stage in their careers, in the Cap era...

I'm just saying, yes we should move on from Ham... But we shouldn't be naive and think that's going to change us much...

The LeBron era has entered the stage where each passing season diminishes the legacy.

Yes, but with a good coach, LBJ should get to sit some during the season and rest of team can get in a defensive rhythm. We’ll win a ton of games anyway if the coach is any good at team defense. Ham seemed to think his best option is to play LeBron 40MPG. It’s not helping Christie, Lewis, JHS and also not LeBron. It’s definitely not helping our regular season defense.

Looking forward to seeing them develop next season, no matter where they go. Christie is going to be a solid wing.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#85 » by Kilroy » Wed May 1, 2024 4:59 pm

stan francisco wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Ham's a bad coach, but I'm not sure there's a coach in history that could win a championship with a LeBron/AD core at this stage in their careers, in the Cap era...

Yes, but with a good coach, LBJ should get to sit some during the season and rest of team can get in a defensive rhythm. We’ll win a ton of games anyway if the coach is any good at team defense. Ham seemed to think his best option is to play LeBron 40MPG. It’s not helping Christie, Lewis, JHS and also not LeBron. It’s definitely not helping our regular season defense.

Looking forward to seeing them develop next season, no matter where they go. Christie is going to be a solid wing.

LeBron is virtually uncoachable at this point.... He basically runs the Lakers so any coach that comes in knows, if he wants to keep his job, his first priority is to make LeBron happy, and that doesn't include telling him to play defense, or stop giving up on plays to argue previous calls, etc... Its play him when he wants and how he wants... And that's a huge liability at this point.

I can't see a way to add talent around LBJ/AD, that gets us past better cores, with any coach in the league. Because LeBron/Klutch/AD isn't going to listen to any of them.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#86 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 1, 2024 6:02 pm

F Ham! This ain't the Milwaukee bucks, or the Toronto we da norf raptors.
He knows what's the stakes, the parameters, the mission, the goals here as a LAKER.
We demote OWNERS around here. Who the F cares about a struggling coach
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by stan francisco » Wed May 1, 2024 9:49 pm

He’s a good guy. Everyone likes him. Kumbaya.

PJ did the sage burning, too. And also the coaching of Xs and Os, strategy, adjustments, maximizing the roster, being fair, calling out the stars.

We need a badass. Becky Hammon is her name.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by stan francisco » Wed May 1, 2024 9:55 pm

Kilroy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

LeBron is virtually uncoachable at this point.... He basically runs the Lakers so any coach that comes in knows, if he wants to keep his job, his first priority is to make LeBron happy, and that doesn't include telling him to play defense, or stop giving up on plays to argue previous calls, etc... Its play him when he wants and how he wants... And that's a huge liability at this point.

I can't see a way to add talent around LBJ/AD, that gets us past better cores, with any coach in the league. Because LeBron/Klutch/AD isn't going to listen to any of them.

Defensively he’s not uncoachable, it seems to me. That’s why he needs to get a break during the season and get to sit. So, that when he plays his regular season free-wheeling half baked defense, the other four are in place. I don’t see him messing up as much in the playoffs which is further reason to rest him some more in the regular season.

On offense, I agree. We’re stuck with whatever he decides to do. If he just doesn’t ballhog every possession, then it’s fine with me. He’s pretty good at running an offense. Could be worse. Remember Isaiah Thomas? Smush? T-Air Brown? :D

We need to get some good defenders who can actually make a three.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,857

Post#89 » by Beethoven » Wed May 1, 2024 10:17 pm

So is the rumor that rondo will be interviewing for the head coach position true? I'm all for this.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by stan francisco » Wed May 1, 2024 11:01 pm

Beethoven wrote:So is the rumor that rondo will be interviewing for the head coach position true? I'm all for this.

I would be all for it, too. He’s no bs. He will hold LeBron responsible. LeBron will listen out of respect.

Rondo is a multi-champion and one of the smartest players of the game, like ever. He’ll take timeouts on time, too.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#91 » by Beethoven » Thu May 2, 2024 2:44 am

stan francisco wrote:
Beethoven wrote:So is the rumor that rondo will be interviewing for the head coach position true? I'm all for this.

I would be all for it, too. He’s no bs. He will hold LeBron responsible. LeBron will listen out of respect.

Rondo is a multi-champion and one of the smartest players of the game, like ever. He’ll take timeouts on time, too.

Can you believe that? We are resorting to things like "I like this such and such prospective coach because he knows how to take time outs"

It's like a company (us) discussing "let's hire this manager because looks like he knows how to tie his shoes and put on his pants properly.."

Wow
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by stan francisco » Thu May 2, 2024 10:04 am

Beethoven wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Can you believe that? We are resorting to things like "I like this such and such prospective coach because he knows how to take time outs"

It's like a company (us) discussing "let's hire this manager because looks like he knows how to tie his shoes and put on his pants properly.."

Wow

I’m not opposed to Rondo, but I’d rather get Becky Hammon.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#93 » by LAKESHOW » Thu May 2, 2024 4:40 pm

Heck, out of all the prospects out there, that lady definitely seems the most qualified
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Re: Darvin Ham...update: to be fired 

Post#94 » by TylersLakers » Thu May 2, 2024 10:19 pm

Darvin definitely did a poor job but I think Rob Pelinka also deserves a lot of blame.

Ham's a young coach. He's going to make mistakes. At those points in time, Rob has to come down out of the office and say, "Hey - remember in the offseason we stressed continuity, correct? Remember, we paid D-Lo, Austin, Rui and Vando. We need those guys playing and not Cam Reddish."

For Pelinka to just throw his arms in the air and say, "Well - Darvin's the coach and he made lineup and rotation decisions that he felt were best and it's cost him his job." MF-er that's not how you manage someone and do your job effectively.

You don't just hire someone to be your cook at McDonalds and when they screw up 10 burgers, you fire them. You work with them and train them how to do it properly. If they consistently keep screwing it up despite training them and talking with them - then yes, you can choose to fire the person. But how Rob managed this is not how a leader manages.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Post#95 » by Danny Darko » Thu May 2, 2024 11:05 pm

who I want depends on how some of the personnel will look and Bron is the biggest x factor with where he is in his coach-ability and the clique he makes with AD.

I would love to be the first to hire Ham for the big gig.

Rondo/Handy/Rivers if we are sticking to Lebron and AD

Where the hell did JJ Reddick come from for coaching?:

Read on Twitter
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#96 » by Beethoven » Thu May 2, 2024 11:15 pm

:rockon:

^
First time I used this emoticon this season.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#97 » by Kilroy » Thu May 2, 2024 11:28 pm

It doesn't really matter who's the coach so why not let a complete freshie get a shot... Rondo would be my choice... Ty Lue is over-rated and is pretty much a LeBron ass kisser... Not sure how Reddick get's in the coaching conversation, but can't see that happening either with LeBron staying with the team...
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 794

Post#98 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:29 am

Fire Pelinka hire Bob Myers
Hire Rondo/JJ Reddick & Bud as the assistant coach
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Post#99 » by Danny Darko » Fri May 3, 2024 1:34 am

Beethoven wrote::rockon:

^

This forum has been a ghost town until we started talking about a few exits... That's telling.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by stan francisco » Fri May 3, 2024 12:50 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Beethoven wrote::rockon:

^

This forum has been a ghost town until we started talking about a few exits... That's telling.

I guess fans must care more about winning than they do the good vibes at Lakers HQ?

Ok, Jeannie. Now that the Jim residue is gone, and there are good vibes in the office; time for winning.

Blow through the aprons, and hire Becky Hammon from the school of Pop. She’ll make LeBron her bitc#.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers