Moderator: Texas Chuck

linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Re: Cowboys vs. Titans. 

Post#41 » by linery88 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:24 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Harder than it should be, but Cowboys should win this one comfortably.

More to consider than just winning a meaningless game.This is brutal planning for a long playoff run.I,m going to apply for HC-lol.

As long as there is a chance to win the division you have to go for it. A first round bye and home field would be huge for us.

I agree but not with our current defensive injuries,and Daks inconsistency.IMO-If we had beaten GB :banghead: ,and the Jags,then yeah.Now,the defense has been more consistent than the offense,and may be able to better win a playoff game than our offence these days.Our defence has had to carry us more than the offence has all season,so they need more rest that our offence right now.
There will be pressure on Philly,so maybe they blow it,but they are better coached than us.Plus we still should have been able to beat Ten with our injured guys out,compared to their 22 guys on IR-IMO.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,378

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:24 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Harder than it should be, but Cowboys should win this one comfortably.

Our Cowboys are their own worst enemy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:27 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:More to consider than just winning a meaningless game.This is brutal planning for a long playoff run.I,m going to apply for HC-lol.

As long as there is a chance to win the division you have to go for it. A first round bye and home field would be huge for us.

I agree but not with our current defensive injuries,and Daks inconsistency.IMO-If we had beaten GB :banghead: ,and the Jags,then yeah.Now,the defense has been more consistent than the offense,and may be able to better win a playoff game than our offence these days.Our defence has had to carry us more than the offence has all season,so they need more rest that our offence right now.
There will be pressure on Philly,so maybe they blow it,but they are better coached than us.Plus we still should have been able to beat Ten with our injured guys out,compared to their 22 guys on IR-IMO.

Maybe we were just flat after coming off a huge win vs. the Egals on only 5 days rest and to get ready for. We usually have let downs after division rivals historically. The main thing is we got the win. What drives me crazy about this team is they can beat anybody and also lose to anybody.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,217

Post#44 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:44 pm

Not the prettiest win. Dak had an off game, I think that last week vs Philly was one of the best games of his career, but this one he was "off". The first INT was not definitely not on him, yet another INT off the chest of a WR. But the second was all Dak, poor decision and throw that should have never been made.

Outside of that, I think the defense did mostly what they were expected to do. Held a 2-string team to 13 points. That is promising considering the defense hasn't looked that great lately.

I am still of the expectation that we will beat Tampa Bay, and then lose.

Unless we get lucky enough to play the Vikings after Tampa Bay which would be fantastic.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#45 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The rookie Rb Davis we drafted looks promising.

He will likely be Pollard’s replacement after next season.

You don't believe Pollard will be around long? You must know something. :thinking:

I think they will Franchise Pollard for the 2023 season and then let him walk in 2024 (unless he signs an extremely team friendly deal). Zeke’s contract shows that you don’t pay RB’s big money. They really are a dime a dozen in today’s NFL. I’m not saying Pollard isn’t awesome just that there is another RB out there in college right now that will also do some awesome things. Also Malik Davis should add muscle in the off season and I could see him being a very similar type of player as Pollard.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm glad we picked up T.Y. Hilton. Better teammate and fit for us rather than OBJ.

He’s made an immediate impact. Also based on what the coaches are saying he’s been a huge help in the WR meetings and on the field. He’s bonded pretty quick with CeeDee Lamb and has been teaching him a few things with his technique. No coincidence that he’s gone over 100 yards for 3 weeks straight.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#47 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Wonder what Mr. B. is thinking at the moment. :thinking:

I never felt like the Cowboys would lose. It was kind of a ho hum game. I hate that Biadasz got hurt but everything I’m hearing says he’ll be ok. He will likely sit against Washington but should be ready for the playoffs.

The Cowboys didn’t play their best but I don’t believe in apologizing for a win. They are locked in to the 5th seed I believe so I expect they will sit most of the starters next week.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#48 » by linery88 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:32 am

Some people in the media are trying to give New orleans half a chance at winning in Philly. :lol:
Phil 31 NO 17
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#49 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:49 pm

Zeke is overpaid yes but honestly it's not as bad as most people think it is. Demarcus Lawrence is the most overpaid player on the team. Although he did rework his contract, but he knew he had to.

Do you guys remember Byron Jones? Great player in Dallas but Miami gave him $82m and made him the highest paid CB in the NFL. He hasn't played anywhere near what his contract level is. In fact I don't think he's even been a top-10 CB since being in Miami.

Meanwhile at least Zeke is putting in work and producing and has a meaningful role on the team. He the undisputed 3rd best RB in Dallas history behind Smith and Dorsett.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#50 » by Mr B » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:53 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Zeke is overpaid yes but honestly it's not as bad as most people think it is. Demarcus Lawrence is the most overpaid player on the team. Although he did rework his contract, but he knew he had to.

Do you guys remember Byron Jones? Great player in Dallas but Miami gave him $82m and made him the highest paid CB in the NFL. He hasn't played anywhere near what his contract level is. In fact I don't think he's even been a top-10 CB since being in Miami.

Meanwhile at least Zeke is putting in work and producing and has a meaningful role on the team. He the undisputed 3rd best RB in Dallas history behind Smith and Dorsett.

This is not something BJJ will want to hear but I honestly think Zeke is coming back next season. Not under his current contract though. He will likely take a pretty big pay cut and finish his career in Dallas. He’s still serviceable as a power back and short yardage guy.

As for Lawrence, like you said he reworked his contract and based on his production this season I wouldn’t say he’s overpaid. He’s been the second best DL by far (next to Micah of course).

Another guy that will need to rework his contract if he wants to finish his career in Dallas is Tyron Smith.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#51 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:39 pm

Lawrence is "good" he's just not "elite" and his original contract was elite money. IIRC he was making almost 2x Zeke. His impact has never been on that level.

Micah Parsons contract terrifies me. He's going to get QB money. His contract is going to look like Daks.
Mr B
RealGM

Cowboys vs. Titans. 

Post#52 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 1, 2023 12:06 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Lawrence is "good" he's just not "elite" and his original contract was elite money. IIRC he was making almost 2x Zeke. His impact has never been on that level.

Micah Parsons contract terrifies me. He's going to get QB money. His contract is going to look like Daks.

I was hearing the other day that since Parsons made 1st team All Pro his first two years in the league his 5th year option is going to be the same amount as a franchise tag. That’s 3 years from now so the question is will he be labeled a DE or LB, because there is a huge difference in the money.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#53 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 1, 2023 12:43 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Lawrence is "good" he's just not "elite" and his original contract was elite money. IIRC he was making almost 2x Zeke. His impact has never been on that level.

I was hearing the other day that since Parsons made 1st team All Pro his first two years in the league his 5th year option is going to be the same amount as a franchise tag. That’s 3 years from now so the question is will he be labeled a DE or LB, because there is a huge difference in the money.

I have no idea who Parsons agent is but there is no way he'll make it to the option year. His agent will have him hold out until he gets the huge money. There will probably be an entire off season he misses, maybe even a few games, and then the two sides will finally agree on something.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 1, 2023 3:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Zeke is overpaid yes but honestly it's not as bad as most people think it is. Demarcus Lawrence is the most overpaid player on the team. Although he did rework his contract, but he knew he had to.

Wrong. It's not even close. It's Don Perkins by a mile over Elliott, after Dorsett and Smith. There's a reason why he was our first Dallas Cowboy Ring Of Honor player in our history.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#55 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 1, 2023 3:36 pm

Mr B wrote:

He should get a big deal and will. He's the best player on the whole team. :nod:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#56 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 1, 2023 4:39 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I have no idea who Parsons agent is but there is no way he'll make it to the option year. His agent will have him hold out until he gets the huge money. There will probably be an entire off season he misses, maybe even a few games, and then the two sides will finally agree on something.

It won’t get that far. If his production keeps up and if he demands a bigger deal before his 5th year Jerry will pay him.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 1, 2023 4:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Wrong. It's not even close. It's Don Perkins by a mile over Elliott, after Dorsett and Smith. There's a reason why he was our first Dallas Cowboy Ring Of Honor player in our history.

I’d have to agree that it’s Don Perkins and it’s not even close. I do think Zeke will end his career in Dallas but his legacy is closer to Marion Barber than Don Perkins. Demarco Murray would have had a similar legacy if he had never left for the money.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 1, 2023 5:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I’d have to agree that it’s Don Perkins and it’s not even close. I do think Zeke will end his career in Dallas but his legacy is closer to Marion Barber than Don Perkins. Demarco Murray would have had a similar legacy if he had never left for the money.

After thinking about it some more, after Don Perkins I just might consider Duane Thomas in the mix.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#59 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 1, 2023 6:00 pm

How easily you guys forget how amazing prime Zeke was. Barber and Perkins were never on that level. Neither even had 1,000 rushing in a season.

Also you're probably suffering from "good old day syndrome"

Yardage
1. Emmitt Smith - 17,162
2. Tony Dorsett - 12,036
3. Ezekiel Elliott - 8,252
4. Don Perkins - 6,217
5. Calvin Hill - 5,009
6. Robert Newhouse - 4,784
7. DeMarco Murray - 4,526
8. Marion Barber III - 4,358
9. Walt Garrison - 3,886
10. Herschel Walker - 3,491

TDs
1. Emmitt Smith - 153
2. Tony Dorsett - 172
3. Ezekiel Elliott - 68
4. Marion Barber III - 47
5. Don Perkins - 42
6. Calvin Hill - 39
7. Robert Newhouse - 31
8. Walt Garrison - 30
9. DeMarco Murray - 28
10. Ron Springs - 28

Digging even deeper

Recieving
Zeke - 2,336 yds, 12 TDs
Perkins - 1,310 yds, 3 TDs
Barber - 1,330 yds, 6 TDs
Murray - 2,165 yds, 6 TDs

Best season
Zeke (2016) 1,631 yds, 15 TDs
Perkins (1962) 945 yds, 7 TDs (he never had a 1,000 rushing in a season)
Murray (2014) 1,845, 13 TDs (arguably better than Zeke 2016)
Barber (2009) 932 yds, 7 TDs (also never hit 1,000 in his career)

Zeke is also a superior blocker and pass protector.

He will also likely be in the HOF and ROH

His numbers are undisputedly #3 all time. It's really just a matter of being in acceptance of the fact he is #3.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#60 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 1, 2023 6:11 pm

I forgot to even add Y/A which is a very important stat in rushing.

Murray 4.5 Y/A
Zeke - 4.4 Y/A
Dorsett - 4.3 Y/A
Smith - 4.2 Y/A
Perkins - 4.1 Y/A
Barber - 4.1 Y/A

So Zeke is the 2nd most efficient rusher we have had behind Murray.

Murray's issue is longevity, he was only a Cowboy for 4 years. His 2014 season was epic and one of the best ever for a Dallas RB, but his other 3 years were nothing special at all. So Murray could maybe be argued as the best single season RB ever for Dallas but no way could he be argued on a career level.

Return to Dallas Cowboys