Game #9: GRIZZ (1-8) @ LAC (3-5) SUN 11/12 12:30 PM

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Re: We Could Be Looking At A Clean Slate 

Post#141 » by clipperlover » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:07 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Clemenza wrote:If this continues to spiral out of control, sit or send Harden home, trade either PG or Kawhi or maybe both for a haul of pics and roll from there. Just have the kids run up and down the court and play hard with Westbrook. I don't even care anymore

Westbrook may not look to stay. He may request a trade as well; he's not interested in playing for a tanking team anymore, not after his past experience with the Lakers. Clippers may end up losing all their All-Stars anyway.

Think about this: before the Harden trade, an estimated thirteen players were heading to free agency after this season. After trading Morris, Batum and Covington, the number went down to six looking to leave. It's very possible the amount of players leaving could skyrocket to the maximum 15. The rumor I'm hearing is that Ballmer may decide to, if they choose to blow the team up, acquire expiring contracts that end this season so that he enters into the new arena with zero contracts. This would force Clippers to look at the undrafted, summer league and overseas players.

While there may be some truth to that, that isn't going to happen until closer to the trade deadline if there appears to be no hope. Until then, they are committed to making it work this season. Would be much better stepping into Intuit Dome hanging a banner from the rafters. The downside of that would be that Ballmer would then open the bank for everyone involved and stay in luxury tax purgatory. He isn't getting a GS type multiple championship run with a mostly older roster, but that won't stop him from trying.

Guys on Sirius NBA radio last week said the teams biggest issues were on the defensive end. The team didn't know where to funnel the offense and were giving the opponents full reign to move the ball from one side of the court to the other vice pinning the ball on one side of the court.

All I want right now to is get a win. You get a win and then you can start to build momentum. Hopefully, we can look back and see this is just a small bump in the road. I hated the Harden trade, but what was done is done. Made more sense to include Powell in the deal for Harden than Batum and RoCo. Dallas and Phoenix learned the lesson last season when they traded away defense for scoring. Dallas's loss of Finney-Smith hurt them a lot. They are doing better this year because they had an off-season to fix that hole.

Outside of the loss yesterday, having to watch the team wear the MJ era Wizards uniforms was as embarrassing as the play on the court. i would have much rather seen them use these jerseys: https://ktla.com/news/local-news/california-illustrator-designs-clippers-jerseys-inspired-by-in-n-out/
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,947

Re: Game #9: GRIZZ (1-8) @ LAC (3-5) SUN 11/12 12:30 PM 

Post#142 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:57 am

cruel but fair lol

race to the bottom in the plus/minus sweepstakes

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 390

Post#143 » by wakelaunch1 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:31 am

esqtvd wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
If Kawhi would have some type of leadership acumen this might be convincing but we know that is not the case. He'll probably ask frank to trade him soon.

Move on from Lue

I think i would trade PG and Kawhi for as many first round picks as you can get. Keep Russ cause he is cheap and plays hard. Play Harden for a few more games without Kawhi and PG, see if that makes a difference and then let him walk in the off season. Trade Powell to a contender cause he is a good sixth man on a championship team. Start over.

Russ
Bones
Mann
Brown
Zubac

Fill in with some high energy youngish role players. Be fast paced, young, exciting, and show effort. Clipper fans are loyal with a team that tries hard. We have alwasys just wanted effort first.
Harden

Yeah and 2 weeks ago internet Philly wanted to dump Embiid for whatever bag of FRPs Morey could scab up.

Now they're 8-1 and the toast of the town that swore they stopped watching them.

But you're right. Philly loves effort. Allen Iverson was a tattooed "thug" but is now a beloved legend. The Clippers have had nobody like AI. The closest were Sam I Am, Pat Bev, Trezz. HOFers not.

Loved Pat Bev, just in a certain role with certain people around him. Same with Trezz. Love heart, love effort. PG, Kawhi, a lot of times feel like they coast till the end, and then if the game is close, then they try hard, otherwise they pull the plug. Russ isnt as good anymore but he is always playing hard. Harden always looks like he isnt trying hard. I like Diabate because he plays hard, same with Mann for the most part. I liked Amir Coffey till he got paid. Once he got paid, seemed like his effort meter has gone out the window.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,947

Post#144 » by esqtvd » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:20 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
Move on from Lue

I think i would trade PG and Kawhi for as many first round picks as you can get. Keep Russ cause he is cheap and plays hard. Play Harden for a few more games without Kawhi and PG, see if that makes a difference and then let him walk in the off season. Trade Powell to a contender cause he is a good sixth man on a championship team. Start over.

Russ
Bones
Mann
Brown
Zubac

Fill in with some high energy youngish role players. Be fast paced, young, exciting, and show effort. Clipper fans are loyal with a team that tries hard. We have alwasys just wanted effort first.
Harden

Yeah and 2 weeks ago internet Philly wanted to dump Embiid for whatever bag of FRPs Morey could scab up.

Now they're 8-1 and the toast of the town that swore they stopped watching them.

But you're right. Philly loves effort. Allen Iverson was a tattooed "thug" but is now a beloved legend. The Clippers have had nobody like AI. The closest were Sam I Am, Pat Bev, Trezz. HOFers not.

Loved Pat Bev, just in a certain role with certain people around him. Same with Trezz. Love heart, love effort. PG, Kawhi, a lot of times feel like they coast till the end, and then if the game is close, then they try hard, otherwise they pull the plug. Russ isnt as good anymore but he is always playing hard. Harden always looks like he isnt trying hard. I like Diabate because he plays hard, same with Mann for the most part. I liked Amir Coffey till he got paid. Once he got paid, seemed like his effort meter has gone out the window.

Good analysis. Though Amir might be pressing to justify his contract--He always gave 110%, but 120% is not possible. You can only play so far over your head before can't reach any higher and fall off the ladder. Amir originally went undrafted, and is a real NBA success story if you think about it. About $12 million earned before his contract's up.

BTW, after that 8-1 start, Embiid turned in a dog of a game last night vs our archenemies the Celtics and Philly is all over his shtt. That is so totally Philly. Not because he lost, but because he dogged it.

Kawhi, he's so good that when he dogs it, he still gets his numbers. Most Clippers fans can't tell the difference. Even when they're losing, he slips the blame. But this HIS team, just like the Lakers are Lebron's team.

I tune into our archenemy Lakers games just to hope they lose. But damn, LeBron OWNS his team, win or lose, night after night, even at age 39. I tune in to hate on him, but DAMN.

Kawhi gotta OWN it.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 390

Post#145 » by wakelaunch1 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:12 am

esqtvd wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Good analysis. Though Amir might be pressing to justify his contract--He always gave 110%, but 120% is not possible. You can only play so far over your head before can't reach any higher and fall off the ladder. Amir originally went undrafted, and is a real NBA success story if you think about it. About $12 million earned before his contract's up.

BTW, after that 8-1 start, Embiid turned in a dog of a game last night vs our archenemies the Celtics and Philly is all over his shtt. That is so totally Philly. Not because he lost, but because he dogged it.

Kawhi, he's so good that when he dogs it, he still gets his numbers. Most Clippers fans can't tell the difference. Even when they're losing, he slips the blame. But this HIS team, just like the Lakers are Lebron's team.

I tune into our archenemy Lakers games just to hope they lose. But damn, LeBron OWNS his team, win or lose, night after night, even at age 39. I tune in to hate on him, but DAMN.

Kawhi gotta OWN it.

For the most part Lebron gives it every night he plays. Its amazing to see.

Kawhi put in that pressure at the end of the denver game, got a steal and the Clippers got a basket. He needs to pick his spots but he/team need come out with the urgency to start the games, and close the quarters. I realize he cant full court press the whole game but come on, its what got him his big payday. Its the defense to go with the offense.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers