ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA II

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,505

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#2521 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue May 7, 2024 4:25 am

I hope Reggie Jackson is ok- he couldn't put any weight on that leg.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,945

Post#2522 » by esqtvd » Thu May 9, 2024 5:15 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I hope Reggie Jackson is ok- he couldn't put any weight on that leg.

1800 minutes this year! Worth every penny of his near-minimum $5 mil. Smart move for the Nugs to retain him even after a rather meh showing at the tail end of last year on their title run.

Never understood the hate. Despite some of the ingrates in Clipper Nation, at age 34, Reggie isn't quite "baked" yet and was a useful fill-in for the Nugs this year when Murray was out, and still a back-of-the-playoff-rotation guy for a serious title contender.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional?PerMode=PerGame&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612743&dir=A&sort=PLUS_MINUS

Here's to you Mr. June. One of those short-timers [3 years and change] who nonetheless made an imprint on Clipper history. Remember, Reggie was the starting point guard for our only WCF appearance. You know if he can go for Game 3, he'll be out there.

https://hoopshype.com/2024/05/07/reggie-jackson-after-game-2-loss-to-timberwolves-you-cant-play-nuggets-basketball-if-you-get-punked/
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,274

Post#2523 » by MartinToVaught » Fri May 10, 2024 6:18 pm

I had to do a double take to make sure this wasn't a quote from PG:

Read on Twitter
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,475

Post#2524 » by og15 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:06 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:I had to do a double take to make sure this wasn't a quote from PG:

Read on Twitter

Yawn!!!

I'll be interested in post game comment dissection if they get down like 3-1 or something, Miami took game 2 also.

I remember when the Lakers won 65 games in 08-09 and were the champs that year too, but Houston took them to 7 in the 2nd round.

Yea, they are still at the point where you lose a game and you say, okay, cool, it happens, on to the next.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,495

Post#2525 » by Ballings7 » Sat May 11, 2024 7:21 pm

Monitoring the Pels..

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275578/Sixers-Could-Pursue-Paul-George-Jimmy-Butler-Brandon-Ingram

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275673/Brandon-Ingram-Considered-Most-Likely-To-Be-Traded-By-Pelicans

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275675/Jonas-Valanciunas-Will-Not-Return-To-Pelicans-Next-Season

I know its just jabs off a podcast, but interesting to see what happens.

Would take Philly out of the George sweepstakes. Guessing that Tobias Harris would come back, or maybe Buddy Hield (back to where he started) to balance out the offense on the wing for the Pels.

And Jonas V. probably won't be back..

Gonna be a different Pels group next year
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#2526 » by esqtvd » Sat May 11, 2024 7:45 pm

Ballings7 wrote:

Would take Philly out of the George sweepstakes. Guessing that Tobias Harris would come back, or maybe Buddy Hield (back to where he started) to balance out the offense on the wing for the Pels.

Heard on Philly radio: In 5 1/2 years as a Sixer, Tobias has never taken a charge. Zero points in the Game 6 loss vs the Knicks, certainly his last game as a Sixer. They hate him.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,475

Post#2527 » by og15 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:02 am

Read on Twitter

Yes, it’s not supposed to be easy when you’re playing an actually good team. Kills me when fans will be like, “they should have finished them off and went up 3-0” and any of those kinds of statements, as if the other team was just going to sit there and do nothing.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#2528 » by Ballings7 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:09 am

Not surprised OKC is having a tough time with Dallas.

OKC isn't a proven and dynamic offensive team at all past SGA. Also don't have much overall size at PF/C other than Chet, which is really only length and not developed NBA strength yet even for a lean PF/C.

Jalen Williams isn't a legit 2nd option (not to this point), and neither is Chet at this time.

Two things you need past the first round of the playoffs = some size to defend/rebound, and dynamic offensive options as a team -- which does come down to individual talent being elite to top-level collectively. Easy baskets and usual shot opportunities get limited.

OKC I don't think is gonna have those unless they really play together well and make smart decisions with the ball, and don't rely on the three too much.

Meanwhile, Dallas will probably lose to Denver or Minnesota.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Post#2529 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed May 15, 2024 3:06 am

Jalen Brunson got knicks the 3rd win and made 3-2 in series. No Randle, no anunoby, no bojan, no mitch robinson. Fantastic example of stepping up.

Strange that just 3 years ago he was a bench player for Dallas when we played them in playoffs.

I would take him alone over trio of Kawhi&PG&Harden now.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#2530 » by Ballings7 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:57 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:Jalen Brunson got knicks the 3rd win and made 3-2 in series. No Randle, no anunoby, no bojan, no mitch robinson. Fantastic example of stepping up.

Strange that just 3 years ago he was a bench player for Dallas when we played them in playoffs.

I would take him alone over trio of Kawhi&PG&Harden now.

Yep, Brunson's been incredible. Imagine if NYK beats Boston? Which, I think Boston is a bit over-3PT reliant and can get down from that defensively.. NYK has a solid chance like Miami did last year I think.

Porzingis coming back could be a problem though.

Would love to see OG get back for that series.. he's been awesome as well for them in his own right. Him vs Porzingis would be a sweet match up.

---

Speaking of stepping up...

Marcus Morris Sr with 22 pts, 9-11 FG, 4-4 3P in Boston

Cleveland only down 5 early 4th.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#2531 » by Ballings7 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:58 am

esqtvd wrote:
Ballings7 wrote:

Heard on Philly radio: In 5 1/2 years as a Sixer, Tobias has never taken a charge. Zero points in the Game 6 loss vs the Knicks, certainly his last game as a Sixer. They hate him.

Yep think he's gone from there...
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#2532 » by esqtvd » Thu May 16, 2024 1:04 am

lol
but tbh, the Sixers didn't want him either

Read on Twitter
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,274

Post#2533 » by MartinToVaught » Thu May 16, 2024 2:49 am

This is the first time Mook's even cracked 20 points in a game since October 2022 against, ironically enough, the Cavs. There was never any "hate," just a fanbase observing the reality that he's washed.

The fact that 22 points is being billed as a "breakout" for Morris rather than a fairly normal game says it all about how much he's fallen off.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#2534 » by esqtvd » Thu May 16, 2024 4:12 am

LOL. It was mostly a joke, and Mook got minutes not out of favoritism but out of desperation, same as with the Clippers at the end there. People forget I wanted him bought out last spring, but the FO held onto him until fall for salary ballast. He's 6'8", and the Cavs are squeezing 15 mpg playoff minutes out of him and 49%/39% shooting. But he wouldn't have got them except for injury.

They said Reggie was "baked" too. And true also, his RS minutes came mostly because of injury. But Reggie in particular didn't earn the dirt and he's still getting 10 playoff mpg on what might be the eventual champion.

esqtvd wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I hope Reggie Jackson is ok- he couldn't put any weight on that leg.

1800 minutes this year! Worth every penny of his near-minimum $5 mil. Smart move for the Nugs to retain him even after a rather meh showing at the tail end of last year on their title run.

Never understood the hate. Despite some of the ingrates in Clipper Nation, at age 34, Reggie isn't quite "baked" yet and was a useful fill-in for the Nugs this year when Murray was out, and still a back-of-the-playoff-rotation guy for a serious title contender.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional?PerMode=PerGame&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612743&dir=A&sort=PLUS_MINUS

Here's to you Mr. June. One of those short-timers [3 years and change] who nonetheless made an imprint on Clipper history. Remember, Reggie was the starting point guard for our only WCF appearance. You know if he can go for Game 3, he'll be out there.

https://hoopshype.com/2024/05/07/reggie-jackson-after-game-2-loss-to-timberwolves-you-cant-play-nuggets-basketball-if-you-get-punked/

Return to Los Angeles Clippers