ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 33: LA Clippers (10-22) VS Dallas Mavericks (24-11)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#61 » by mkwest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:04 am

Big_Bad_LA wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

WTF was Thomas thinking??

He cost the game

He was having too good of a game to not do something to ruin it.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#62 » by Tommy Trojan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:05 am

mkwest wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He was having too good of a game to not do something to ruin it.

He did have some nice plays at the end, but that play was a NO NO :wavefinger:
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by mkwest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:07 am

Big_Bad_LA wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He did have some nice plays at the end, but that play was a NO NO :wavefinger:

I was impressed with his play for most of the game, but damn. This guy has been in the league far too long to make a mistake like that.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by mkwest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:16 am

Guess what Clipper Nation. We play a good game with strong hustle all the way through 4 quarters. We finally shoot above 50% (.522 to be exact) and lose it.

Kaman had a strong game on the defensive end and came out with 5 blocks to go with his 13 points and 9 rebounds. Mobley, Maggette & Thomas all add 20 or more points. Cassell was efficient in his playing time and has broken the shooting slump that he's been in the past 3 games. Knight is so active in the opponents' passing lanes and putting pressure on the other teams' guards. You have to what he contributes to the team. When he's making his shots and free-throws, it's a great bonus. Thornton and Dickau did not contribute much of anything in their minutes. Hopefully Al didn't get discouraged by having to come off of the bench after starting 7 of the last 10. All in all it was a very disappointing end to an encouraging game.
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#65 » by JJ LoDuca » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:35 am

Uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
This is SICKENING.
Yall said it about Tim Thomas-- he played far too well tonight to not mess it up SOMEHOW. But the bottom line: Corey & Chris make their free throws down the stretch, we win the ball game.
With or without TT's bad play and Stack's trey at the buzzer.
We HAD this thing. Until it mattered.
-Ms. JJ
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#66 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:16 am

just got home from the bars. i expected us not to be very competitive, when i saw that stack 3 i'll be honest, i made a scene. i don't even know what tt did yet and i gather we had some missed free throws down the stretch. but damn i'm waisted and i see mark cuban running on our home court celebrating and let's just say it left me a little sour. its a very good thing we can actually stay competitve against elite teams but moral victories are getting old.
cinnamon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#67 » by cinnamon » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:49 pm

I just saw the highlights on NBA Daily, and it's a shame that they couldn't finish it out, but looks like they played well, their shooting percentage is up, three guys scored at 20 or more and the team had 25 assists --- a good sign.
It's heartening to see them getting better.
At some point, the wins will come too.
jgustav1
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#68 » by jgustav1 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:44 pm

I can't figure out why Dunleavy left Kaman on the court with 8 seconds left when Dallas had all perimeter players on the court. Stackhouse got too good of a look at the last shot.

I thought the Clippers may be able to pull this one out, Dallas playing back to back and not having Josh Howard available.
dude1394
Sophomore

Post#69 » by dude1394 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:47 pm

He was probably concerned about a dribble-drive to the hoop without kaman in there. If I were avery I'd have played for the tie to be honest without maggette in there.

But the point is valid, make sure you don't get beat first probably.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#70 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:40 pm

I was at the game and we gave the game away. We were up by 8 in the 4th and let Dallas back in. Mobley kept jacking up shots and missing them. Dunleavy didn't even put in Cassell in the 4th. Maggette missed two key free throws down the stretch. And of course that TT jumper with 8 seconds to spare. We had so many chances to put the game away and blew them all. I was so pissed when I saw Stack hit that 3.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by mkwest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:38 pm

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:I was at the game and we gave the game away. We were up by 8 in the 4th and let Dallas back in. Mobley kept jacking up shots and missing them. Dunleavy didn't even put in Cassell in the 4th. Maggette missed two key free throws down the stretch. And of course that TT jumper with 8 seconds to spare. We had so many chances to put the game away and blew them all. I was so pissed when I saw Stack hit that 3.

We did have plenty of chances close this game out, and there are many places to look for fault. Personally, it's the worst kind of loss. If we get beat and are outplayed the whole game, then it is what it is. What stings the most to me is when we beat ourselves and allow a win to slip away by poor decision-making. It wasn't even a heartbreaking loss, it was a disgusting loss. I love the energy and effort that the guys made throughout the whole game. They really played some of their best ball of the season. It just sucks that in the end, you're left with a bitter taste in your mouth.
adiedanny
Senior
And1: 5

Post#72 » by adiedanny » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:31 pm

It seems as if a majority of the fans at the game were really upset with the crowd doing the wave when we had a small lead. One fan was even yelling at Darrell to stop, the reason is because it seems as if all season when we start doing the wave we end up losing. From here on out I'm protesting the wave, you can call it what you want but I truly believe it to be a jinx.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#73 » by ClipperDomination » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:24 am

Thomas can't make mistakes like these, especially having a fantastic game.

God damn. I guess it was too good to be true.
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by JJ LoDuca » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:01 am

adiedanny wrote:From here on out I'm protesting the wave, you can call it what you want but I truly believe it to be a jinx.

Touche, my man, touche. I've been at most of the home games this season as well, and from time to time I find the wave a bit distracting. But overall I'm a sucker for it...sorry, I'll admit to it. The wave seems to be Darrell's way of getting otherwise complacent fans back into cheering mode. It's unfair to call it a jinx cuz we beat Minnesota with the wave in full force one night. That said however, I can see why the wave is hated among many fans.

It is hard to blame our losing on the wave though, especially when we lose almost 70% of our games. The wave might not have its place, but it's the true victim here, not the game.
-Ms. JJ

Return to Los Angeles Clippers