ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2007 Yankees Draft Thread

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#41 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu Jun 7, 2007 8:38 pm

Porcello goes to Detroit

SONOFABITCH !
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#42 » by Jitpal » Thu Jun 7, 2007 8:47 pm

So I guess Matt Harvey at 30? 5 minutes until we find out for certain. -Jitpal
theknicks414
Assistant Coach

Post#43 » by theknicks414 » Thu Jun 7, 2007 8:52 pm

YES! BRACKMAN!!!!
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#44 » by YungNeef » Thu Jun 7, 2007 8:53 pm

This kid is big, 6'10 230 and can throw 99 mph. Sounds like a nice pick for the Yanks.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#45 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu Jun 7, 2007 8:57 pm

elbow concerns , but a high upside
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#46 » by Jitpal » Thu Jun 7, 2007 8:57 pm

Ok, Still or someone. Full scouting report on Brackman. -Jitpal
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#47 » by YungNeef » Thu Jun 7, 2007 9:00 pm

Jitpal wrote:Ok, Still or someone. Full scouting report on Brackman. -Jitpal

Fastball: Brackman threw his fastballs 92-97 mph, both a two- and four-seamer.

FB Movement: His two-seamer had plus life and was effective in the zone.

Curve: Brackman features a knuckle curve that he throws 78-81 mph. It was inconsistent on Friday, largely because of the cold weather (35 degrees).

Changeup: Brackman threw his changeup in the 82-84 mph zone. It's an average offering he keeps around the strike zone.

Control: Brackman commanded his two-seamer extremely well, hititng the inside part of the plate at will. His command of his breaking stuff was less consistent.

Poise: Brackman competed very well and went right after hitters in his debut.

Physical Description: Big, former basketball player who shows impressive athleticism despite his size.

Medical Update: Healthy.

Strengths: Above-average velocity on his two- and four-seam fastballs, with plus command of the two-seamer.

Weaknesses: Command of his curve. Brackman will need to show he can throw his knuckle curve for strikes more consistently. It's a difficult pitch to command and while hitters in college will swing at it, professional hitters will lay off if it's out of the zone.

Summary: The concern with Brackman heading into his first full season as a baseball player only was how durable he would be. The former basketball standout had never spent an entire college season as a starting pitcher and he ended up being shut down with a tired arm late in the year. Still, the pure stuff, including a 97-mph fastball when he
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#48 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu Jun 7, 2007 9:00 pm

YANKEES PROSPECT

Andrew Brackman
Position: Starting Pitcher
School: North Carolina State
School Type: Four-Year College
Academic Class: Junior
Birthdate: 12/04/85
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 230 lbs.
Bats: Right
Throws: Right
Report Date(s): 02/09/07
Game(s): William & Mary
Scouting Video:

Focus Area Comments

Curve: Brackman features a knuckle curve that he throws 78-81 mph. It was inconsistent on Friday, largely because of the cold weather (35 degrees).

Changeup: Brackman threw his changeup in the 82-84 mph zone. It's an average offering he keeps around the strike zone.

Control: Brackman commanded his two-seamer extremely well, hititng the inside part of the plate at will. His command of his breaking stuff was less consistent.

Physical Description: Big, former basketball player who shows impressive athleticism despite his size.

Strengths: Above-average velocity on his two- and four-seam fastballs, with plus command of the two-seamer.

Weaknesses: Command of his curve. Brackman will need to show he can throw his knuckle curve for strikes more consistently. It's a difficult pitch to command and while hitters in college will swing at it, professional hitters will lay off if it's out of the zone.

Summary: The concern with Brackman heading into his first full season as a baseball player only was how durable he would be. The former basketball standout had never spent an entire college season as a starting pitcher and he ended up being shut down with a tired arm late in the year. Still, the pure stuff, including a 97-mph fastball when he
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#49 » by Jitpal » Thu Jun 7, 2007 9:05 pm

Good stuff guys. His elbow is a concern. Still angry we didn't get Porcello but he looks solid. -Jitpal
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#50 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu Jun 7, 2007 9:06 pm

Jitpal wrote:Good stuff guys. His elbow is a concern. Still angry we didn't get Porcello but he looks solid. -Jitpal

sucks we couldn't get Porcello but Brackman will be cheaper and could be the steal of this draft :D
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#51 » by YungNeef » Thu Jun 7, 2007 9:55 pm

When is the Yanks next pick, because that Harvey kid might fall to them again?
theknicks414
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by theknicks414 » Thu Jun 7, 2007 10:22 pm

I doubt we get Harvey...
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#53 » by YungNeef » Thu Jun 7, 2007 10:44 pm

The way he is dropping, they might.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#54 » by 34Celtic » Thu Jun 7, 2007 10:45 pm

I wanted Harvey. But his dad babied him this year. As far as I know he pitched once a week, most of the time on 6 days rest. I like my pitchers that are drafted to have proven they could be durable. I don't know about Brackman
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#55 » by 34Celtic » Thu Jun 7, 2007 11:02 pm

I cant believe we just passed on Harvey with a pick in the 90s
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#56 » by throwbackewing33 » Fri Jun 8, 2007 12:20 am

dont know much about Brackman but looks like a good prospect. He was never a full time pitcher so they need to get this kid conditioned and bring him along slowly
throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#57 » by throwbackewing33 » Fri Jun 8, 2007 12:34 am

any word on our other picks in rounds 2-4?
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,042

Post#58 » by Pharmcat » Fri Jun 8, 2007 12:50 am

ive had finals all week and couldnt keep up

i need a recap from one you cats pleaseeeeee
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#59 » by 34Celtic » Fri Jun 8, 2007 1:21 am

The Kandi Man Rocks wrote:ive had finals all week and couldnt keep up

We're winning....
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#60 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri Jun 8, 2007 3:21 am

The Kandi Man Rocks wrote:ive had finals all week and couldnt keep up

i need a recap from one you cats pleaseeeeee

YANKEES PROSPECT

Andrew Brackman
Position: Starting Pitcher
School: North Carolina State
School Type: Four-Year College
Academic Class: Junior
Birthdate: 12/04/85
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 230 lbs.
Bats: Right
Throws: Right
Report Date(s): 02/09/07
Game(s): William & Mary
Scouting Video:

Focus Area Comments

Return to New York Yankees