Ravens (2-1) @ Steelers (3-0)

Moderator: SD2042

el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Re: Ravens (2-1) @ Steelers (3-0) 

Post#21 » by el loco » Sun Oct 3, 2010 7:30 pm

The Steelers finally put a drive together to retake the lead, 14-10 steelers. Mendenhall with a 5 or 6 yard td run. Reed is killing my fantasy team today :x

Does anyone else notice how Mendenhall has the tendency to get into the habit of turning his back to the defense. He doesn't always do it, but he does it a lot, and it is a bad habit for a rb to have. I wonder if it has anything to do with his shoulder or the injury he had with it, what do you guys think?
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#22 » by el loco » Sun Oct 3, 2010 7:56 pm

The Ravens just scored a touchdown to retake the lead with 32 seconds left. Fox got a penalty on the punt, nice punt, which gave the Ravens the ball in Steelers territory and they just moved right down the field for the score on 4 straight completions. Our offense/kicker lost this game for us today, plain and simple.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by el loco » Sun Oct 3, 2010 8:01 pm

Batch ends the game for the Steelers offense with an interception to that guy that wears #52 on the Ravens.

Dang, they squandered a chance to have a two game lead in the division (Browns are hanging on to a 3 point lead, and the Bengals can't stop the clock) heading into the bye week. If Batch would have come out of here with the win, I think it would have been difficult to bench him. But, Big Ben should be the starter after the break.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#24 » by SD2042 » Sun Oct 3, 2010 8:46 pm

The game was tough as expected. Wish it ended with a better result. Mistakes dictated the game for the Steelers at the wrong time. I wished CBS had this game on in my area rather than the Titans/Broncos game today. smh. Although we go into a bye week. At least it will give the Steelers some time to heal up and for Big Ben to prepare to come back on the 17th against the Browns.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#25 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Oct 3, 2010 9:03 pm

Man we missed Big Ben badly on that last possession, no doubt in my mind we win if he's there. And Jeff Reed was garbage today. I'm good though......we got the bye week and Ben coming back. 3-1 ain't so bad especially when nobody thought we'd be that in the first place.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by el loco » Mon Oct 4, 2010 10:48 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Man we missed Big Ben badly on that last possession, no doubt in my mind we win if he's there. And Jeff Reed was garbage today. I'm good though......we got the bye week and Ben coming back. 3-1 ain't so bad especially when nobody thought we'd be that in the first place.

I feel the same way, Batch didn't impress me enough for him to start over a healthy and determined Big Ben, whether I like the guy or not, he is the best option for the team. Damn, I grew up in and around the same town that Big Ben grew up in. For a home town hero, he has been a huge disappointment and success story all wrapped up into one made for primetime movie, but he still deserves the nod as the starter based upon what I saw today. The defense needs some help and Big Ben is at least good for a solid drive or two per half.

Today/yesterday was a let down for a fan, it should have been a W in the win column of the standings. :cry:
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#27 » by Canomad » Wed Oct 6, 2010 11:31 am

didnt watch the game at all. i found out a friend of mine who i grew up with died and i had an anxiety attack. i stayed in bed no tv no nothing i didnt wanna hear or talk to anyone or watch anything. anyways lets regroup from this loss get players healthy durring the bye week and watch ben make the offense click.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#28 » by SD2042 » Wed Oct 6, 2010 5:07 pm

Sorry about your loss man. Time always proves that live is too short. Remember how he lived life well and preserve the memory of your friend the best way you know how.

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers