Senior
And1: 171

Re: Around the NBA: 2022-23 edition 

Post#481 » by JMaster5K » Mon May 6, 2024 1:13 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:
Wizop wrote:
we were talking about Paul Reed.

Oh yeah,... Have liked his game since his draft. Plays as a legit big, shoots the 3 well, defends & rebounds really well. Plays really well in transition when given the chance. In terms of skills & style,... he would seem to be a great sorta all around fit behind Myles, Pascal, & Ob1.

What do you think it would take to get him?.... Maybe a sign & trade with Stix?.... o0

I think they’d only look to deal Paul if they need the cap space. They could just waive him with no guarantee until January, so they’d probably be looking to deal Paul into cap space/tpe/MLE with no salary coming back (so they can make their big signings), and get some draft compensation (2nd or two?) in return.

Oh Yeah! This is the first year that the TPE / MLE can be used in trades & not just for signings,.. isn't it?.....

Once again,... I genuflect to your imminent knowledge of all things CBA,.... LOL =}
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,170

Post#482 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon May 6, 2024 2:50 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:
Oh yeah,... Have liked his game since his draft. Plays as a legit big, shoots the 3 well, defends & rebounds really well. Plays really well in transition when given the chance. In terms of skills & style,... he would seem to be a great sorta all around fit behind Myles, Pascal, & Ob1.

What do you think it would take to get him?.... Maybe a sign & trade with Stix?.... o0

I think they’d only look to deal Paul if they need the cap space. They could just waive him with no guarantee until January, so they’d probably be looking to deal Paul into cap space/tpe/MLE with no salary coming back (so they can make their big signings), and get some draft compensation (2nd or two?) in return.

Oh Yeah! This is the first year that the TPE / MLE can be used in trades & not just for signings,.. isn't it?.....

TPE's always were eligible for absorbing a sign and trade, or existing player contract, but yup, this is the first year for MLE's being largely able to do the same.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 746

Post#483 » by Pacers Forever » Mon May 6, 2024 9:11 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:

Once again,... I genuflect to your imminent knowledge of all things CBA,.... LOL =}

I always look to Scoot for cap knowledge in here. Tony East, Bobby Marks, and Sportracs on Twitter.

As for me I am not numbers and legalize savy :lol: I enjoy more the game action and thinking about the team makeup and player performances I see on the court.

Return to Indiana Pacers