Trades and Transactions?

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Re: Trades and Transactions? 

Post#301 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:22 pm

Tom White wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:You all hear anything about a deal where Boston gets the 7th pick? It's sketchy. Either we give you 1sts to trade out (we have GS's pick next year) or we deal to a third team to get you a small forward..

Sounds like a Boston based pipe dream. No wind of that around here. Even adding your (Celtics) and GS pick together next year would not come close to the 7th pick.

I'll just add we need a PF more than a SF.

Probably trying to give us Gordon Hayward again! Oh wait Ainge is not their GM anymoree. :lol:
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 961

Post#302 » by Tom White » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:25 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:Probably trying to give us Gordon Hayward again! Oh wait Ainge is not their GM anymoree. :lol:

Well, that and Hayward isn't a Celtic so......
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#303 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:28 pm

Tom White wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:Probably trying to give us Gordon Hayward again! Oh wait Ainge is not their GM anymoree. :lol:

Well, that and Hayward isn't a Celtic so......

He did mention a 3rd team.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,212

Post#304 » by Wizop » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:36 pm

Theis to Boston could work although I've been impressed by how much he's been part of the team. He's been at Fever games.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 766

Post#305 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:18 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9ViPZrC6T8ng6kcZke0I5g
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#306 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#307 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:20 pm

Read on Twitter

One 2 way gone
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,223

Post#308 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:33 pm

Yeah, gonna be an interesting to see what happens with Kendall Brown. Maybe they just let King, Wong, and Brown battle it out in camp for the final 2 2 way spots?
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#309 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:46 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, gonna be an interesting to see what happens with Kendall Brown. Maybe they just let King, Wong, and Brown battle it out in camp for the final 2 2 way spots?

Sounds right. I forgot to mention I really like the project signing of Tshiebwe more than King and maybe more than Wong. Guess the Pacers did also handing out a 2 way to entice him to sign.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#310 » by Wizop » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:59 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, gonna be an interesting to see what happens with Kendall Brown. Maybe they just let King, Wong, and Brown battle it out in camp for the final 2 2 way spots?

I remain a big Brown fan, but maybe he's just the last in a long line of second round picks that seemed great and fizzled out after a year or two. if it weren't for this new CBA minimum payroll rule, we could sign him to a lightly guaranteed regular contract but we need a roster spot at the beginning of the season for someone with a substantial contract.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#311 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:11 pm

7 to Boston rumor was from a sketchy local radio guy, that's why I asked about it and didn't post about it.

Would Indiana want to unload any salary in a Grant Williams sign and trade? Chris Duarte, Jalen Smith? You've been linked to Payton Pritchard, too- Celtics like that guy but aren't married to him.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#312 » by Wizop » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:17 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:7 to Boston rumor was from a sketchy local radio guy, that's why I asked about it and didn't post about it.

Would Indiana want to unload any salary in a Grant Williams sign and trade? Chris Duarte, Jalen Smith? You've been linked to Payton Pritchard, too- Celtics like that guy but aren't married to him.

We need to add around 15mm to get to the minimum. Can't imagine why we'd be linked to a guard when our need is a small forward. Walker may have ended interest in Williams.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#313 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:01 am

Read on Twitter

A. Byzantine salary structure, not sure it's possible.
B. Sells really really low on 7 to turn bad money into good. Future picks would have to be *major*. Like, 2-3 1sts, including the top 4 protected GSW pick.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#314 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:36 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:7 to Boston rumor was from a sketchy local radio guy, that's why I asked about it and didn't post about it.

Theis. That’s about it. You’re welcome to him.

Edit: also, can’t imagine a link to Payton Pritchard before or after this draft. Indy just drafted 3 more guard/wings. With Haliburton, McConnell, Nembhard, Mathurin, Hield, Nesmith, Duarte, Sheppard, King, Wong, and potentially a vet locker room guy like George Hill, even if we deal out 3 guards, what spot does Payton Pritchard fill?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#315 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:39 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
Read on Twitter

A. Byzantine salary structure, not sure it's possible.
B. Sells really really low on 7 to turn bad money into good. Future picks would have to be *major*. Like, 2-3 1sts, including the top 4 protected GSW pick.

I mean, it’s both terrible value for Indy AND absolutely illegal. Like, never could’ve happened. You 100% cannot include picks in the current year draft with a sign and trade of a pending free agent.

To be honest, it’s the kind of thing that him thinking had a chance of happening should really exclude him from being taken seriously on any sort of cap or trade thing ever again.

And for the future picks to be close to equal to a 7 in this draft, it’d have to be basically all the firsts Boston can deal. Protected firsts don’t close that gap to move up from 25 to 7.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 961

Post#316 » by Tom White » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:01 pm

Who linked us to Payton Pritchard? The same sketchy radio guy? Certainly no one around here has even mentioned his name.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#317 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:17 pm

Tom White wrote:

Who linked us to Payton Pritchard? The same sketchy radio guy? Certainly no one around here has even mentioned his name.

Yeah, if someone is mocking Pritchard to Indiana, they likely haven’t paid attention to the Indy roster for over a year. I think there was a hope that since Pritchard and Duarte were roommates in college, that Indy would automatically have interest in him, but the roster filled out around him.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 444

Post#318 » by Grang33r » Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:57 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter

One 2 way gone

The way people on twitter are talking about him is giving me Ike Anigbogu vibes after we drafted him in 2017. Haha
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#319 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:22 am

Grang33r wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter

One 2 way gone

The way people on twitter are talking about him is giving me Ike Anigbogu vibes after we drafted him in 2017. Haha

I think he’s going to be a hard worker with a chip on his shoulder and adding more to his game. I think he’s very raw except for his rebounding skills and that didn’t get him drafted. I hope he becomes a Dale Davis enforcer type but it won’t be anytime soon. I’m happy the management was able to get him after missing the forward boat during the draft as a project with potential. I remember Ike :D
Wizop
RealGM

Post#320 » by Wizop » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:59 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:Iafter missing the forward boat during the draft

What boat did we miss? The need was at power forward and we got the top one in the draft. Could we use some size at small forward? Sure. But that ship hasn't sailed. We didn't find one low in the draft but free agency and trading season is still a week away.

Return to Indiana Pacers