Leftwich the right choice out of the 3?

Moderators: UCF, JaxMagic

True-Essence
Banned User
And1: 0

Leftwich the right choice out of the 3? 

Post#1 » by True-Essence » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:41 am

Im a fan of Leftwich, but im also intrigued by Gerrard and even Quin Gray.

I really like Leftwich's lazer-gun arm, but with his long throwing mechanics, he can be a bit easy for the safetys to read.

Also since he only has one speed (gun), I question his ability to throw the touch pass.

I want to see him succeed but I really think he needs to work on the touch pass and stop trying to lazer 5 yarders.
sp1187
Sixth Man

Post#2 » by sp1187 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:13 am

Leftwich is the best candidate of the three. He is by far the most seasoned QB and with a little tweakage and confidence in the man the Jags should be fine and competing against those rival Colts :(
Howard N Nelson - Magic Future for the Next eh...5 years
True-Essence
Banned User

Post#3 » by True-Essence » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:27 pm

Im not worried about the Colts at all.

But Leftwich has lost to Houston multiple times.

Jags have worries about losing to basement teams just as much as the colts.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#4 » by JaxMagic » Tue Apr 3, 2007 11:35 am

Huge Jag's fan here and I would have to say Leftiwch is the best of the three. Garrard stares down his recievers to much, never checks down, and almsot always scrambles to the right as soon as the paly starts. Leftwich has some flaws, but then again who wouldn't when throwing to those receivers. There is rumor that the Jags are interested in trading for Darrell jackson for a second day pick, i hope they make that trade.
sp1187
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by sp1187 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 2:09 pm

JayDubya wrote:Huge Jag's fan here and I would have to say Leftiwch is the best of the three. Garrard stares down his recievers to much, never checks down, and almsot always scrambles to the right as soon as the paly starts. Leftwich has some flaws, but then again who wouldn't when throwing to those receivers. There is rumor that the Jags are interested in trading for Darrell jackson for a second day pick, i hope they make that trade.

Darrell Jackson?? You serious? He played for Florida in his college days, very unheralded out of college. That would be a nice pick-up. Your right, our receivers are talented though...but damn they love to pick up butter on sundays because they all have buttery hands.
OMPunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#6 » by OMPunk » Wed Apr 4, 2007 1:16 am

I know Leftwich is the right answer, but for some reason I really like Garrard and think he deserves a serious shot at starting somewhere in the league. Garrard is the kind of guy that will do a little of everything in order to win a game for you, and let's be serious, he was never going to be the starting QB this upcoming season no matter how great he did.
Random Laker Fan wrote:Glad to have Dwight on my team but dude is a fraud and a clown at the same time. He's like one of those guys that makes up stories to get a reaction from people who he thinks cares.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#7 » by Latrell » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:13 am

D12J14 wrote:I know Leftwich is the right answer, but for some reason I really like Garrard and think he deserves a serious shot at starting somewhere in the league. Garrard is the kind of guy that will do a little of everything in order to win a game for you, and let's be serious, he was never going to be the starting QB this upcoming season no matter how great he did.

Really? I think any team with Garrard as their full-time starting QB is going nowhere fast..He's solid but I can name maybe 2-3 teams where he has a legit shot at starting, he's a backup in the NFL and a maybe a fringe starter on a really bad team.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#8 » by J.Kim » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:21 am

I don't know HOW you guys can still consider Garrard after that Titans game. He was atrocious in that game.
sp1187
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by sp1187 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:24 am

J.Kim wrote:I don't know HOW you guys can still consider Garrard after that Titans game. He was atrocious in that game.

I agree, but throughout the court of his "tryout" as starter he showed some potential and at times poise inside the pocket..but he lacks the mobility that Byron possesses
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by JaxMagic » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:35 am

Garrard is the nicest guy you would ever meet and is one of those guys you love to root for. I would love for him to get a starting gig somewhere but just not here in Jacksonville. On the D. Jackson trade I've heard it from a few palces and supposedly the rumor is heating up again. If anything does happen with that, it will be during the draft, like last year with the Broncos and Javon Walker.
sp1187
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by sp1187 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:43 am

Hey JDubya..Whos your favorite NBA team? I think I saw you on the Magic board im a regular there. I hope we get Jackson i loved watching him play
True-Essence
Banned User

Post#12 » by True-Essence » Wed Apr 4, 2007 3:03 am

Garrard had a terrible game against the Titans, thats a fact.

But are you trying to say, Byron Leftwich has never had a terrible game? Off the top of my head I can remember like 10.

One of the biggest being: PLAYOFF GAME against the Patriots. That game left a bad memory.

Byron has been givin the keys to the car for multiple years now, while Garrard has never even been the starter coming out of 1 camp. Thats where you develope chemistry with ur recievers.

Byron has had 10x more opportunity here than Garrard.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by JaxMagic » Wed Apr 4, 2007 11:19 am

sp1187 wrote:Hey JDubya..Whos your favorite NBA team? I think I saw you on the Magic board im a regular there. I hope we get Jackson i loved watching him play

The Magic are my favorite, I just haven't been able to post over there as much as I used too.
sp1187
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by sp1187 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 6:45 pm

JayDubya wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Magic are my favorite, I just haven't been able to post over there as much as I used too.

Oh, ok. Thought u looked familar. D12..u do too...glad to see some magic fans trolling this board too.
Daboone696
Junior
And1: 82

Post#15 » by Daboone696 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:13 pm

another magic fan here too.. and last night killed me (raps)
sp1187
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by sp1187 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:42 pm

Daboone696 wrote:another magic fan here too.. and last night killed me (raps)

no doubt, the magic have their hands full with Detroit. Anyways...I'm glad Leftwich has been given the reigns this year by Del Rio. I'm just :pray: that there is no injury :(

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars