ImageImageImage

why is everybody so giddy about matt schaub?

kgarnett21
Starter
And1: 0

why is everybody so giddy about matt schaub? 

Post#1 » by kgarnett21 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:06 am

i've never seen him play, but statistically he's no better than david carr. can somebody please explain why he's gotten so much love?
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#2 » by Vator » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:21 am

Well first off, David Carr was a pretty boy, sounded like a surfer when he talked, seemed a little to into how his hair looked during games, had no leadership qualities whatsoever, had a bad case of the happy feet, poor throwing mechanics in which his arm would often drop down to a funky angle when delivering the ball, and according to Pro Bowl reciever Andre Johnson, didn't know how to read NFL defenses which hurt him when Kubiak came in because that is what he expects from his QB.
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#3 » by Sports Arsenal » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:56 am

Because he is not David Carr. The thing I find interesting about Schaub is that his father doesn't drive him to practice....I guess we'll just have to see how that pans out...
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#4 » by Baller 24 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:27 pm

Because he is not David Carr.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
kgarnett21
Starter

Post#5 » by kgarnett21 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:24 pm

that's a pretty lousy reason, if you ask me. 5 games into the season you'll probably be expressing your disappointment all over again.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Vator » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:21 pm

kgarnett21 wrote:that's a pretty lousy reason, if you ask me. 5 games into the season you'll probably be expressing your disappointment all over again.

How many Texans games have you every watched from beginning to end?
Clutch City Relic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 53

Post#7 » by Clutch City Relic » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:29 pm

It may be premature to be so happy about Schaub, but I think, as said above, it's because David Carr is a Panther now. I think the $48 million was a little too much to give him since he hasn't started but 2 games. At least only $7 million was guaranteed. We're just hoping that his play will warrant his contract after a year or two or we'll be QB-huntin' again. I doubt they give him 5 years to start winning like they gave Carr.

I'm hopeful that he'll do just fine and start for us for the next 10 years. He's got the skills, but does he have the winner's drive that David Carr apparently lacked? We'll see come September....
southstar
Ballboy

Post#8 » by southstar » Mon May 7, 2007 9:43 pm

kgarnett21 wrote:that's a pretty lousy reason, if you ask me. 5 games into the season you'll probably be expressing your disappointment all over again.

Man I have to agree with you...I don't know why he's getting so much love I was upset when they picked him...Carr broke the sack record because there was no O line, If in fact he was not coached to make the right reads, then is that his fault? Lets not forget that the O line has yet to be addressed...Carr had the 2nd most yards as a QB behind Mike Vick...I really do not think that Schaub will fare any better with the same blocking...
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Vator » Tue May 8, 2007 3:12 am

southstar wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Man I have to agree with you...I don't know why he's getting so much love I was upset when they picked him...Carr broke the sack record because there was no O line, If in fact he was not coached to make the right reads, then is that his fault? Lets not forget that the O line has yet to be addressed...Carr had the 2nd most yards as a QB behind Mike Vick...I really do not think that Schaub will fare any better with the same blocking...

I know that you're making a point about Carr's mobility in comparison to Vick and I would have to agree that he is definitely the more mobile QB but you did forget about Vince Young.
southstar
Ballboy

Post#10 » by southstar » Wed May 9, 2007 6:28 pm

vator wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know that you're making a point about Carr's mobility in comparison to Vick and I would have to agree that he is definitely the more mobile QB but you did forget about Vince Young.

Sorry bout that, considering "Vince is the Man", and not taking him was the biggest mistake ever made by this franchise, it hurts to even think about it again, but the thing is the O line has yet to be addressed, I do not think that Matt can scramble his way out of getting rushed often...
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Vator » Thu May 10, 2007 2:02 pm

Yeah I'm very concerned about the protection as well. To his credit, David Carr could sure take a lot of punishment and get back up. We don't know if Schaub is as durable and can withstand that type of pounding.
Munchlaxatives
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#12 » by Munchlaxatives » Mon Jul 9, 2007 9:17 am

This line will be pretty good if Flannagan can regain his former status as an all-star. Everyone else is pretty good.
I'm sorry I haven't been funny. I am not a comedian. I am Lenny Bruce.

Return to Houston Texans