MVP2110 wrote:My 127th ranked player. Don't really get this one

interesting why your so low on him..was Jeremiah favorite RB
BallinBucks420
Pro Prospect
And1: 116

Re: Round 3: MarShawn Lloyd - USC 

Post#22 » by BallinBucks420 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 am

M-C-G wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Interesting pick. My only concern was his durability. He's small, but so was/is Aaron Jones. Jeremiah having him as his #1 overall RB ahead of Brooks is pretty surprising, but if his body holds up I like him just as much if not more than Benson, Davis, Wright, Shipley, etc.

He is short, not small. Dude weighs 220 pounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was gonna say whats up with people saying he's small...like you said he's shorter but i could care less about my Rb's height for the most part...at 220 he definitely a good sized back
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,677

Post#23 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 am

From the highlights I just watched this dude could be fun. Seems to have good feet. Loved what I saw as a receiver. Could be a good complimentary back.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,555

Post#24 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 am

I’m not going to commit blasphemy here, but even though I’m a Packers fan my favorite player ever has always been Barry Sanders. At least a couple times a month on a Friday or Saturday night when I’m a few tequilas deep I’ll pull up highlight videos on YouTube and watch Barry cook for a while. Lloyd doesn’t have the same top end speed Barry did but his stop/start acceleration, and change of direction ability, along with his build is eerily similar.

If you watch the highlight video from the first page go to the 1:30 mark where he changes directions in the backfield for a huge gain. I didn’t know much about him going into the draft, but the game tape has me intrigued and excited.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,788

Post#25 » by Ayt » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 am

HKPackFan wrote:A year of seasoning and he could replace Dillion next year.

Dillon is awful and might not even be an NFL caliber player anymore. The only thing he's really good for is pass blocking. I'd be shocked if Lloyd can't beat him out.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,099

Post#26 » by MVP2110 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:38 pm

BallinBucks420 wrote:

He's older for a RB prospect(23), especially compared to some others still on the board. He has struggled with ball security in the past as well as pass blocking(which tbf is normal for rookie RBs). There's nothing about him that stands out to me. I'd have much preferred Jaylen Wright if we wanted a RB in R3
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#27 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
BallinBucks420 wrote:

He's older for a RB prospect(23), especially compared to some others still on the board. He has struggled with ball security in the past as well as pass blocking(which tbf is normal for rookie RBs). There's nothing about him that stands out to me. I'd have much preferred Jaylen Wright if we wanted a RB in R3

Admittedly when I watched USC I was paying so much attention to Caleb that I missed Lloyd. But his highlights show his potential is extremely high. The fact that he never stood out to me when watching USC makes me question how good he'll be in the NFL. Going to have to go back and watch a couple of games when I can to focus on him.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#28 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:I’m not going to commit blasphemy here, but even though I’m a Packers fan my favorite player ever has always been Barry Sanders. At least a couple times a month on a Friday or Saturday night when I’m a few tequilas deep I’ll pull up highlight videos on YouTube and watch Barry cook for a while. Lloyd doesn’t have the same top end speed Barry did but his stop/start acceleration, and change of direction ability, along with his build is eerily similar.

If you watch the highlight video from the first page go to the 1:30 mark where he changes directions in the backfield for a huge gain. I didn’t know much about him going into the draft, but the game tape has me intrigued and excited.

Funny, I was thinking we just drafted Josh Jacobs to backup Josh Jacobs. Barry is too far lol...but his elusiveness and quick moves are nice. I worry about him dancing too much and missing holes at first. He will struggle in the beginning until the NFL slows down...but I'm cautiously optimistic.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,264

Post#29 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:I’m not going to commit blasphemy here, but even though I’m a Packers fan my favorite player ever has always been Barry Sanders. At least a couple times a month on a Friday or Saturday night when I’m a few tequilas deep I’ll pull up highlight videos on YouTube and watch Barry cook for a while. Lloyd doesn’t have the same top end speed Barry did but his stop/start acceleration, and change of direction ability, along with his build is eerily similar.

There’s a little Sanders in him. I’d equate him with Reggie Brooks. That’s an old name many wouldn’t remember, but a small fun fire hydrant back at Notre Dame back in the day. Had only one big year (senior) because he was buried behind a lot of stud ND backs like Bettis and Watters.

Brooks rushed for 1,000 years his rookie year, but then injuries took their toll.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,337

Post#30 » by Mags FTW » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm

Multiple comps I saw said D'Andre Swift.
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,544

Post#31 » by Greatness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,863

Post#32 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 pm

Seems solid to good in most traits you want from an RB. You don't need world-beaters at the position. I can live with this one.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,555

Post#33 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Profound23 wrote:

Funny, I was thinking we just drafted Josh Jacobs to backup Josh Jacobs. Barry is too far lol...but his elusiveness and quick moves are nice. I worry about him dancing too much and missing holes at first. He will struggle in the beginning until the NFL slows down...but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I mean, Barry ran a 4.37. Nobody is Barry but his stop start acceleration, change of direction, and the way he uses his upper body when he jukes to fool the defender are all very Barry-esq traits. He looks fun.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#34 » by skones » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 pm

Tape looks like a lot of fun. He definitely passes my super analytically driven, "does he pop" test. Fumble issues are correctable with proper coaching and technique but the pass pro issues are a concern. Makes me think his role may be limited because of that and despite him looking like a better back with the ball in his hands, Dillon will be favored in year 1.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 274

Post#35 » by Reddeye » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:31 pm

I haven't seen anything saying he is bad in pass pro. I just seen that he is undersized and hasn't done it very much.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#36 » by El Duderino » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:13 am

Profound23 wrote:

Funny, I was thinking we just drafted Josh Jacobs to backup Josh Jacobs.

I kinda thought the same. Similar body types, quick feet, shifty, and explosive for a guy carrying 220 pounds. I love the pick and expect him to be a sizable contributor as a rookie, so long as he doesn't fumble in real games, thus losing confidence of the coaches.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,185

Post#37 » by raysbookclub » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:31 am

I love that we have bigger dudes at RB. Definitely appreciated Aaron Jones and his quickness and speed, but I have always thought big guys (who can accelerate and run and esp if they have good feet--eg Eddie Lacy, Marshawn Lynch) are awesome complements to a prolific passing attack.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,788

Post#38 » by Ayt » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:11 am

El Duderino wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

I kinda thought the same. Similar body types, quick feet, shifty, and explosive for a guy carrying 220 pounds. I love the pick and expect him to be a sizable contributor as a rookie, so long as he doesn't fumble in real games, thus losing confidence of the coaches.

He could be a monster in LaFleur's offense if he isn't actually a fumbler in the NFL.

skones wrote:Tape looks like a lot of fun. He definitely passes my super analytically driven, "does he pop" test. Fumble issues are correctable with proper coaching and technique but the pass pro issues are a concern. Makes me think his role may be limited because of that and despite him looking like a better back with the ball in his hands, Dillon will be favored in year 1.

Is pass pro actually a weakness?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,168

Post#39 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:42 am

Ayt wrote:
El Duderino wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

He could be a monster in LaFleur's offense if he isn't actually a fumbler in the NFL.

skones wrote:Tape looks like a lot of fun. He definitely passes my super analytically driven, "does he pop" test. Fumble issues are correctable with proper coaching and technique but the pass pro issues are a concern. Makes me think his role may be limited because of that and despite him looking like a better back with the ball in his hands, Dillon will be favored in year 1.

PFF grade:

Brooks: 77.0
Benson: 75.4
Corum: 54.3
Lloyd: 28.9
Wright: 72.6
Irving: 23.6
Shipley: 25.2
Davis: 32.0
Guerendo: 52.7
Allen: 30.0
Estime: 63.6
Ali: 51.3
Tracy Jr. 61.8
Vidal: 79.3
McClellan: 27.6
Jordan: 57.2

Not good.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,499

Post#40 » by HKPackFan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:45 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ayt wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

PFF grade:

Brooks: 77.0
Benson: 75.4
Corum: 54.3
Lloyd: 28.9
Wright: 72.6
Irving: 23.6
Shipley: 25.2
Davis: 32.0
Guerendo: 52.7
Allen: 30.0
Estime: 63.6
Ali: 51.3
Tracy Jr. 61.8
Vidal: 79.3
McClellan: 27.6
Jordan: 57.2

Not good.

Can that be taught though? Aaron Jones is smaller compared to him but Jones has some excellent blocks.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers