General Manager
And1: 11,732

Re: Round 2: Edgeririn Cooper - Texas A&M 

Post#21 » by chonestown » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 am

Daver wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Theres no crying in football lol dude looks very happy

Gen Z continues to confound with contradictory emotions.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,499

Re: Round 2: Edgeririn Cooper - Texas A&M 

Post#22 » by HKPackFan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 am

excited we filled a need with a guy ranked #1 at the position, all while trading down.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,288

Re: Round 2: Edgerrin Cooper - Texas A&M 

Post#23 » by Finn » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 am

Another crier - we're doomed. :waaa:
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,860

Post#24 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:21 pm

I get the intrigue, but it's going to be hard for me to watch another toolsy LB with questionable instincts. Worth a gamble in the second though.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,677

Post#25 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I get the intrigue, but it's going to be hard for me to watch another toolsy LB with questionable instincts. Worth a gamble in the second though.
Ha yeah my brains been wrestling with this one too. Like I watch this dudes highlights and it's like 'damn' but his profile is a lot like Quay who I think is a bit of a fools gold player where you get some splash plays but isn't as consistent down to down as you need in a MLB.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#26 » by LUKE23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Cooper was in the top 5 percentile for like every metric for ILB last year including coverage. Watching his tape his diagnosing ability looks solid to me. And dude can run like the wind.

I see almost zero risk with this pick at 45 and immense upside. We are prioritizing getting the middle of the field shut down after that being a weakness for years. I think they benefitted from ILB being so undervalued.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#27 » by LUKE23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Also I’m not going to fully evaluate any of our defensive players until I see them without Barry. He was probably the worst DC in the NFL.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,555

Post#28 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Also I’m not going to fully evaluate any of our defensive players until I see them without Barry. He was probably the worst DC in the NFL.

Totally agree. The defense didn’t even start getting better until MLF said that he was going to involve himself more in the playcalling. Our offensive minded coach turned out to be a better DC than our actual DC.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,185

Post#29 » by raysbookclub » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:41 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Also I’m not going to fully evaluate any of our defensive players until I see them without Barry. He was probably the worst DC in the NFL.

Totally agree. The defense didn’t even start getting better until MLF said that he was going to involve himself more in the playcalling. Our offensive minded coach turned out to be a better DC than our actual DC.

And Campbell took credit too for the improvement.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Post#30 » by M-C-G » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:40 pm

His college tape reminds me a bit of the old Packer Samurai, Nick Barnett. Mostly the constant celebrating after they do anything on the field and a bit of the physicality they play with.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#31 » by GBPackers47 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:00 pm

M-C-G wrote:His college tape reminds me a bit of the old Packer Samurai, Nick Barnett. Mostly the constant celebrating after they do anything on the field and a bit of the physicality they play with.

Nick Barnett would celebrate tying his shoes.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,967

Post#32 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:27 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:I get the intrigue, but it's going to be hard for me to watch another toolsy LB with questionable instincts. Worth a gamble in the second though.
Ha yeah my brains been wrestling with this one too. Like I watch this dudes highlights and it's like 'damn' but his profile is a lot like Quay who I think is a bit of a fools gold player where you get some splash plays but isn't as consistent down to down as you need in a MLB.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

I'm at the point where I'll take the athletic freak in the hopes they can teach him how to properly harness those gifts over the guy who might have a better idea of what to do but isn't athletically capable of doing it. I've seen enough of the latter on our defenses.

Return to Green Bay Packers