Give him some of Runyan's minutes.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Re: Game 8: LAR @ GB - Noon - Fox 

Post#262 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Mon Nov 6, 2023 6:03 pm

Not a pretty game against a backup qb but I was pretty happy with what I saw. Still way too many dumb penalties but the defense had contributions from rookies all over the place. The offense was fine considering it survived 2 fumbles and 2 4th down conversions taken back by penalties. Really liked that Musgrave td play, was thinking we would see more plays like that this year.
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#263 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Mon Nov 6, 2023 6:06 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Give him some of Runyan's minutes.

Read on Twitter

Looked liked he even handled Donald in the few snaps he had. Even since Bak first went down they really don’t know how to put the best 5 OL on the field.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,751

Post#264 » by Treebeard » Mon Nov 6, 2023 6:34 pm

Myers, Walker, Nijman, and Runyan have been consistently inconsistent. Some plays pretty good, other plays....woof... Jenkins has been good, but maybe still working through knee injuries? Tom seems to have the best "now" and looks really good for the future. It would be really nice if Rhyann could develop into a starter
rayallenscalves
Junior
And1: 221

Post#265 » by rayallenscalves » Mon Nov 6, 2023 9:27 pm

Treebeard wrote:Myers, Walker, Nijman, and Runyan have been consistently inconsistent. Some plays pretty good, other plays....woof... Jenkins has been good, but maybe still working through knee injuries? Tom seems to have the best "now" and looks really good for the future. It would be really nice if Rhyann could develop into a starter

Feels like they should at least give him a shot over Runyan, who doesn't feel like anything special. At least start with a timeshare and see who performs best.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,121

Post#266 » by MVP2110 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:43 am

Packers win a game pretty easily where Jordan Love plays really well and we have our least discussed game thread. Guess it's true people only like to complain :wink:
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#267 » by LUKE23 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:39 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Packers win a game pretty easily where Jordan Love plays really well and we have our least discussed game thread. Guess it's true people only like to complain :wink:

I am definitely on team tank because we are not contenders this year, but ideally we would love games with Love looking good and the defense sucking. I would say this game was Love looking OK (not great, but better than he has been) and the D looking good (albeit against a terrible QB).

I just don't want to end up in no man's land, 7-8 wins with Love looking mediocre and also having a chance we keep Barry.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#268 » by HKPackFan » Wed Nov 8, 2023 4:26 am

I had family all fly in for this one, so I'm happy they got to see a W.

I'm also happy Love had a few successful throws downfield.

I really want the tank, and if Love improves his play during the tank that's a solid development.

I'm very unsure if Love is the answer but at least he finally had a couple good deeper throws.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#269 » by HKPackFan » Wed Nov 8, 2023 4:32 am

Right now we are still in line for a top 10 pick. We could move up to top 5 easily.

Patriots are gunning for it. The last thing you want is those guys reloading.

Again I'm happy with the W, good for everyone, but don't want to lose out on top picks.
#FreeChuckDiesel
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,401

Post#270 » by M-C-G » Wed Nov 8, 2023 2:10 pm

UWM_Brew_Buck wrote:

Read on Twitter

Looked liked he even handled Donald in the few snaps he had. Even since Bak first went down they really don’t know how to put the best 5 OL on the field.

Rhyan emerging as a competent guard would be huge for this O line. Frankly, I mostly forgot he was on the team, so this would be like finding a $5 bill in a pair of pants you haven't worn in a while.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,751

Post#271 » by Treebeard » Wed Nov 8, 2023 2:34 pm

M-C-G wrote:
UWM_Brew_Buck wrote:

Read on Twitter

Rhyan emerging as a competent guard would be huge for this O line. Frankly, I mostly forgot he was on the team, so this would be like finding a $5 bill in a pair of pants you haven't worn in a while.

Indeed. I don't know if the metrics support this thought, but to my eye, it seems that some of the OLine players have either regressed or stagnated in ability. I thought Runyan looked better last year, and Walker looked like an improving prospect. Nyers and Yosh seems to be consistently inconsistent.

Jenkins and Tom have been the reliable rocks. If Rhyan can build on his performance from Sunday that's a huge plus.

Musgrave is learning, so I'll give him a mulligan. Watson sometimes is a good blocker, sometimes not, and he seems to be easily injured, so there's that too.

Return to Green Bay Packers