MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,182

Re: Game 4: Lions at Packers - 7:15 - Prime/Channel 6 in MKE 

Post#461 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:01 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Never heard of that Rodney guy

He's a classic never wrong guy. He was crapping last year on Gutey's draft record and talking about how could he miss several good late round guys and I asked him if he'd ever been wrong about an NFL Draft pick and he literally replied back saying he'd never been wrong before lmao

Must be CWoodfan
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#462 » by Giannisland34 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:17 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:The bad play seems to be more coaching than the youth. Only game MLF and company wasn’t out-coached so far this year was against the Bears. Last night that group was out-classed by a division rival. Pathetic!

MLF definitely didn’t look some genius play caller or elite coach that’s for sure. He hung his young QB out to dry and didn’t change until the game was way out of hand.

Lol the idea that MLF has gotten outcoached every game is flat out wrong. Atlanta & Nola were both favored to beat us heading into those games, we lost to ATL by 1 & beat New Orleans. We have the youngest team in the NFL since the winless Clevelans Browns. Last night was definitely his worst coaching job of the season but I don't think he expected his oline to get completely ran through either which makes it basically impossible to call any play of substance.

LOL!!!
If you don’t think, MLF didn’t get out coached by Atlanta and New Orleans. And neither of those two staffs are close to considered elite. We don’t have much to say to each other on the topic of coaching. Only reason we won, one of those games is because Carr got hurt. ThIs MLF coached team could easily be 1-3 right now. And really probably should be. Just terrible and pathetic performances by the coaching staff. I hope they all get their walking papers soon. Last night they got outclassed by a division opponent. Seriously outclassed too!!
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#463 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:20 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:The bad play seems to be more coaching than the youth. Only game MLF and company wasn’t out-coached so far this year was against the Bears. Last night that group was out-classed by a division rival. Pathetic!

MLF definitely didn’t look some genius play caller or elite coach that’s for sure. He hung his young QB out to dry and didn’t change until the game was way out of hand.

Lol the idea that MLF has gotten outcoached every game is flat out wrong. Atlanta & Nola were both favored to beat us heading into those games, we lost to ATL by 1 & beat New Orleans. We have the youngest team in the NFL since the winless Clevelans Browns. Last night was definitely his worst coaching job of the season but I don't think he expected his oline to get completely ran through either which makes it basically impossible to call any play of substance.

LOL!!!
If you don’t think, MLF didn’t get out coached by Atlanta and New Orleans. And neither of those two staffs are close to considered elite. We don’t have much to say to each other on the topic of coaching. Only reason we won, one of those games is because Carr got hurt. ThIs MLF coached team could easily be 1-3 right now. And really probably should be. Just terrible and pathetic performances by the coaching staff. I hope they all get their walking papers soon. Last night they got outclassed by a division opponent. Seriously outclassed too!!

The out-coached expert has logged on.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,136

Post#464 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:24 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

LOL!!!

Lol they could easily be 3-1 too and they haven't been favored in a single game yet, so yes I think MLF has coached pretty darn well so far.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,165

Post#465 » by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:30 pm

:lol:

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,613

Post#466 » by tski1972 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:48 pm

Surprised Yosh didn’t go in at RT and Tom got moved to LG.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Giannisland34
Sophomore

Post#467 » by Giannisland34 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:52 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

LOL!!!

Lol they could easily be 3-1 too and they haven't been favored in a single game yet, so yes I think MLF has coached pretty darn well so far.

Favored is a betting thing. It means nothing about coaching. And with Love taking over they don’t know where to really set the line with this team yet. Hell, the bears were favored against the Packers. That proves my point exactly.
Giannisland34
Sophomore

Post#468 » by Giannisland34 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:57 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

LOL!!!

If you’re not going add anything besides attempting to belittle. Maybe don’t post anything.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#469 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:57 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:
LOL!!!

Favored is a betting thing. It means nothing about coaching. And with Love taking over they don’t know where to really set the line with this team yet. Hell, the bears were favored against the Packers. That proves my point exactly.

It's a simple way of showing that his teams are performing better than expected. The over under on this team was 7.5 wins, we're 2-2 when we were expected to be 0-4. I absolutely get blaming MLF for Barry, that's totally fair, but in general as a HC MLF has exceeded expectations more often than not
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#470 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:57 pm

I guess some of you have a higher opinion of this roster than I do because I'd say the results this season are about what I expected.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#471 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:05 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:
LOL!!!

If you’re not going add anything besides attempting to belittle. Maybe don’t post anything.

I'll take a middle road. I just find that fans will always be mad without having realistic expectations.

This team is playing with $100 million of dead cap right now, essentially. The talent seems like they are an 7-8ish win team but might win 9 or 10 in a bad conference.

I think MLF is a good offensive mind. I think he deserves to stay but also think his attachment to Barry is weird and might eventually do him in. If they fired MLF tomorrow, I also wouldn't care - there are other smart coaches to be had.

What gets me is that no matter what happens in these games, if it's any bit negative, there are cliches being thrown all over the place to over-dramatize the situation. But this is a message board, so whatever.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#472 » by CWoodfan » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:14 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I guess some of you have a higher opinion of this roster than I do because I'd say the results this season are about what I expected.

This is the most favorable schedule the Pack has played in years.

Four 0-3 teams (Bears, Broncos, Raiders, and Vikings) face off this weekend and the Pack has 5 games against remaining against them. 1 of the 2 wins to date was over the hapless Bears.

The 2023 Packers will likely manage to win 7 or 8 games.

Then, the usual ducky & bunny crowd will convince themselves that the franchise is in great shape because the youngest team in the NFL somehow nearly made the playoffs ... followed by getting all excited when Gutey takes another great defensive player in round 1 of the 2024 draft ... rinse, repeat.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#473 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:18 pm

CWoodfan wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I guess some of you have a higher opinion of this roster than I do because I'd say the results this season are about what I expected.

Four 0-3 teams (Bears, Broncos, Raiders, and Vikings) face off this weekend and the Pack has 5 games against remaining against them. 1 of the 2 wins to date was over the hapless Bears.

Then, the usual ducky & bunny crowd will convince themselves that the franchise is in great shape because the youngest team in the NFL somehow nearly made the playoffs ... followed by getting all excited when Gutey takes another great defensive player in round 1 of the 2024 draft ... rinse, repeat.

I personally realize we're kind of in purgatory. Love has a chance to be solid or good and they have a few good pieces to work with. But we're also still paying off some bills from 2018-2022 for like 2 more years and it seems like the defense/OL are going to take a lot to overhaul.

What's the alternative, though? I'm not saying don't make a change from an OK situation because things could get worse, but a complete change/overhaul moving on from Love/MLF/etc. involves either tanking for 2 years and praying the next QB drafted is a star or going all-in on some veteran that happens to be available.

So yeah...things aren't perfect but firing everyone because we can't see a Super Bowl in the immediate future is also a tough pill to swallow and doesn't have high odds of success.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#474 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:19 pm

CWoodfan wrote:

If the Packers manage to win 7 or 8 games this season then yes they are in pretty darn good shape going forward. Imagine what would happen when their young guys develop and they get out of the Cap hell their in right now.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#475 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:23 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
CWoodfan wrote:

If the Packers manage to win 7 or 8 games this season then yes they are in pretty darn good shape going forward. Imagine what would happen when their young guys develop and they get out of the Cap hell their in right now.

I'm mostly with you here, but I'm not sure what the ceiling is with "their young guys develop."

There will be drafts to add in the future but I don't think any of the young talent resides on OL or RB. WR/TE has some room to blossom but I don't think we have Tyreek Hill/Travis Kelce there, though there is a world where Musgrave/Watson are stars maybe.

On defense I have some excitement for LVN and maybe Wyatt/Quay. Gary is really good but is going to demand a huge contract to stay. The defense also currently sucks, yet again. There is no youth with major upside in the secondary other than Jaire who has already been paid handsomely.

I'm middle path here but I am not sure I'm seeing a really high ceiling for the current group here. Of course there are several drafts coming up to improve things.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#476 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:28 pm

CWoodfan wrote:

I've said in all seriousness that if I were Murphy I wouldn't allow Gute draft a defensive player until Saturday ever again. Partly because of the track record but also in general I think it's dumb to focus too much on D in todays NFL. The rules all favor the O and the truly great QBs you typically need to beat to win it all just shred good Ds too.

Look at the super bowl last year, that vaunted Philly D got like what 1 god damn stop all game.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#477 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:32 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
CWoodfan wrote:

I'm mostly with you here, but I'm not sure what the ceiling is with "their young guys develop."

There will be drafts to add in the future but I don't think any of the young talent resides on OL or RB. WR/TE has some room to blossom but I don't think we have Tyreek Hill/Travis Kelce there, though there is a world where Musgrave/Watson are stars maybe.

On defense I have some excitement for LVN and maybe Wyatt/Quay. Gary is really good but is going to demand a huge contract to stay. The defense also currently sucks, yet again. There is no youth with major upside in the secondary other than Jaire who has already been paid handsomely.

I'm middle path here but I am not sure I'm seeing a really high ceiling for the current group here. Of course there are several drafts coming up to improve things.

I wanna see what Stokes does when he comes back, he was really good as a rookie basically playing as CB1. Tom is absolutely a core building block imo on the OL, I think both Watson & Doubs have a chance to be really good as does Musgrave for pass catchers. Also once they get out of the Cap hell they are in that should help plug alot of.the holes that will come up when they are ready to actually compete. We won't have to be starting Rudy Ford as an example. As for the rest of the young guys some will bust but some will improve into decent starters or depth pieces even if they aren't stars. Think Enagbare Kraft, Brooks, or Valentine as examples of that
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#478 » by ReddRum » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:37 pm

It all starts at the top folks and until there are changes there we will field a clueless, weak minded team. The O-Line situation is what it is. 2 starters out so I expect struggles in the run game and with pass protection. Love has been pretty good overall all things considered besides the fact that it seems like he has no personality. I don't know how much more pathetic a defense has to get before somebody is fired: a lack of discipline, players out of place, big penalties. I'd still push to get JT on this team but not sure that matters much until we improve the O-Line. Its a very young team so I expect a decent amount of mistakes. I personally wish we would lose every single game the rest of the way. Then we get a fresh start on Defense and one hell of a 1st rounder.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#479 » by MoMM » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:17 pm

Matches Malone wrote::lol:

Read on Twitter

Air against Packers: 1 tackle.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#480 » by CWoodfan » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:44 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
CWoodfan wrote:

Can't wait until WHEN (not IF, BUT WHEN) all the young guys currently on the roster necessarily develop ... just like previous (round 1-3 Gutey draft pick) young guys Josh Jackson, Oren Burks, Darnell Savage, Jace Sternberger, AJ Dillon, Josiah Degaura, Josh Myers, and Amari Rodgers all developed.

Can there be any doubt that Devonte Wyatt & Sean Rhyan (2022 round 1 and 3 picks, respectively) are on their way to stardom?

Given the track records of the round 1-3 picks listed above and the way all of his 1st round picks are dominating defensively, why would anyone possibly question Gutey's drafting prowess?

Return to Green Bay Packers