2023 Packers Trades, Transactions, News - Bakh to IR; Might Be Out for Season

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,093

2023 Packers Trades, Transactions, News - Bakh to IR; Might Be Out for Season 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:16 pm

We're going to blow by 100 in the other thread so I'll get this one going while there is a little pause.

Once the Rodgers trade is CONFIRMED (as in official) we'll have a separate thread for that.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,292

Re: Packers Trades, transactions, News 

Post#2 » by humanrefutation » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:23 pm

The Bears added Tremaine Edmunds. They added TJ Edwards. They added DJ Moore. And they've got the #9 overall pick plus more draft capital.

The Packers are losing their HOF QB. They've added no one at this point.

And I still think we'll finish ahead of them in the standings.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,868

Post#3 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:29 pm

We are sooo getting fleeced. I just know it. :lol:
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,121

Post#4 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:29 pm

humanrefutation wrote:The Bears added Tremaine Edmunds. They added TJ Edwards. They added DJ Moore. And they've got the #9 overall pick plus more draft capital.

The Packers are losing their HOF QB. They've added no one at this point.

And I still think we'll finish ahead of them in the standings.

The Bears spending big money on non premium positions is great for us
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:31 pm

Bears have to spend a bunch just to get to the minimum payroll.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#6 » by ReddRum » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:31 pm

Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
"It hit our radar screen because Rodgers is involved in trying to persuade one or more free agents to join the Jets"
Quote Tweet
ProFootballTalk
@ProFootballTalk
·
20m
It's not yet official, but the signs are indeed pointing to Aaron Rodgers joining the New York Jets. https://wp.me/pbBqYq-cyuy
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#7 » by Isocleas2 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:32 pm

The longer this drags on the more I think its related to Rodgers wanting "his guys" with him in New York. So amongst all the other negotiations I wonder how bad Rodgers is working the Packers for bahktiari and the Jets to sign Cobb/Tonyan/Mercedes or whoever else.

He's only got a year or 2 left he's going to want people he's already familiar with on the field.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,095

Post#8 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:36 pm

I mean, fine. Throw in Bahk and they can give us an extra 2nd. Perfect.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#9 » by MoMM » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:39 pm

I'd say Cobb is a real option for them, but Tonyan/Lewis don't make many sense as they already spend 13M/year on 2 TEs.

Do they have cap space to trade for Bakh? I am totally in with they offer a 2nd for him, not because he is bad or anything, but his age doesn't match our timeline anymore.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,185

Post#10 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:44 pm

MoMM wrote:I'd say Cobb is a real option for them, but Tonyan/Lewis don't make many sense as they already spend 13M/year on 2 TEs.

Do they have cap space to trade for Bakh? I am totally in with they offer a 2nd for him, not because he is bad or anything, but his age doesn't match our timeline anymore.

Serious question, whats our timeline? If Love is good, shouldn't it be now? That said, I'm fine trading Bakh to the Jets. Don't think he's aging particularly well.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#11 » by stillgotgame » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:46 pm

We just reworked Bakhtiari’s contract to clear cap room for us this year. It added $7.5M to his dead cap that we would have to eat if we traded him.
He’s not going anywhere.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by humanrefutation » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:47 pm

Maybe he's trying to line up Lazard and Cobb as well?
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#13 » by MoMM » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:49 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
MoMM wrote:I'd say Cobb is a real option for them, but Tonyan/Lewis don't make many sense as they already spend 13M/year on 2 TEs.

Serious question, whats our timeline? If Love is good, shouldn't it be now?

No cap space, no TE, no WR except our rookies from last year, not good D at this point... I don't think our timeline is now, even if Love is good, very likely he won't be as good as Rodgers in this past season, IMO.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by humanrefutation » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:56 pm

MoMM wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

No cap space, no TE, no WR except our rookies from last year, not good D at this point... I don't think our timeline is now, even if Love is good, very likely he won't be as good as Rodgers in this past season, IMO.

We didn't have a good tight end last year so losing them is no loss. Our rookie receivers will be better this year. Our OL should be healthy from the start, it wasn't last year. Same RB's. We've lost Lazard that's it. With a good OL from the start and our no longer rookie receivers if Rodgers was washed last year (and it wasn't his fractured thumb) there's no reason Love shouldn't surpass what Rodgers did last season if he's as good as many think he is.
ReddRum
Veteran

Post#16 » by ReddRum » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:57 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Maybe he's trying to line up Lazard and Cobb as well?

Yeah I see this as most likely or maybe even OBJ...
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#17 » by LUKE23 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:02 pm

The timeline with Love isn’t this year. You draft well in 2023 and establish a long-term core, and use 2023 as an evaluation year. If you make the playoffs, great, but if you don’t you just keep hitting picks.

The cap situation is going to be very challenging to navigate.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,901

Post#18 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:10 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:The longer this drags on the more I think its related to Rodgers wanting "his guys" with him in New York.

I've been saying this for a while. It jives with everything he's said and done over the years, and he's in a strong position to put pressure on the Jets to make it happen. Cobb and Lewis would be really cheap. I don't think there's any way to work Bakhtiari into the deal, but when have cap constraints ever stopped him from expecting his team to keep/add players he likes, regardless of age and value? I'll be so glad when it's not our problem anymore.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 pm

LUKE23 wrote:The timeline with Love isn’t this year. You draft well in 2023 and establish a long-term core, and use 2023 as an evaluation year. If you make the playoffs, great, but if you don’t you just keep hitting picks.

The cap situation is going to be very challenging to navigate.

Sure but if the offensive personnel is the same as last year sans Lazard (but but with improved Watson and Doubs) then this season would be a pretty good measuring stick on Love. Rodgers improved from his first season as a starter and I'm sure Love could as well but we could learn a lot about his potential by how he performs with essentially the same offense as Rodgers had last season.
ReddRum
Veteran

Post#20 » by ReddRum » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:24 pm

MoMM wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Sounds like our GM did a great job!

Return to Green Bay Packers