MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,093

Re: Dallas Lead Up 

Post#21 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 7, 2022 2:33 am

Packers last win, Oct. 2

Brewers last win, Oct. 4
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#22 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 7, 2022 10:32 am

The bucks should be advertising during bucks games... Like...hey wanna watch a championship team leading WI?

How about the Milwaukee Bucks!

Just keep finding packer fan eyeballs and putting Giannis holding a trophy and destroying players on dunks.

The GOAT of Wisconsin. Raising his family in WI, bringing you must see TV every night.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,344

Post#23 » by Mags FTW » Mon Nov 7, 2022 2:18 pm

When you compare the talent level on the Titans' D with ours, it amazing how much better they look compared to us.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,878

Post#24 » by RubberSoul » Mon Nov 7, 2022 2:58 pm

Mags FTW wrote:When you compare the talent level on the Titans' D with ours, it amazing how much better they look compared to us.

Yeah it’s quite a stark contrast our defensive talent was vastly overrated by mostly everybody including myself. They aren’t terrible but for investing that much money and draft capital into the defense it’s pretty disappointing. Granted we may have the worst coordinator in the league leading so I’d like to see the defense with competent coaching.

At this point this year and next year are over. This is why I’d like to just eat all of Baks and 12’s dead money next year and get it over with. Ride with Love next year get a top 3 pick in 24 and hope there is a franchise QB coming out. We should be pretty flush with salary cap space as well.

It’s crazy but Bak’s ACL may have cost us 2 super bowls and that’s a pretty depressing thought considering the bleak outlook of the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#25 » by CWoodfan » Mon Nov 7, 2022 4:52 pm

How many Cowboy fans will be in the stands on Sunday to witness Mike McCarthy put a beat down on his former team?

And, as long as the stadium is full, does Murphy even care that the butts sitting on the bleachers don't belong to Packer fans?

is there an NFL team with a worse talent/cap space/future outlook right now than the Packers?

How many Packer veterans are gone after this season? Bakhtiari? Aaron Jones? Tonyan? Lazard?

Buckle up boys, things are gonna get interesting up in Green Bay while the team continues to stink it up on the field not just in 2022 but at least next season as well.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#26 » by MoMM » Mon Nov 7, 2022 5:23 pm

CWoodfan wrote:How many Cowboy fans will be in the stands on Sunday to witness Mike McCarthy put a beat down on his former team?

And, as long as the stadium is full, does Murphy even care that the butts sitting on the bleachers don't belong to Packer fans?

is there an NFL team with a worse talent/cap space/future outlook right now than the Packers?

How many Packer veterans are gone after this season? Bakhtiari? Aaron Jones? Tonyan? Lazard?

Buckle up boys, things are gonna get interesting up in Green Bay while the team continues to stink it up on the field not just in 2022 but at least next season as well.

Then we eat dead cap in one season, our top players leave and we get compensatory picks on top of our own top picks, it is not that bad as it seems.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#27 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Nov 7, 2022 5:56 pm

CWoodfan wrote:How many Cowboy fans will be in the stands on Sunday to witness Mike McCarthy put a beat down on his former team?

I think the Bucs are in just as bad of a spot too, but yeah, it's not exactly ideal.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#28 » by CWoodfan » Mon Nov 7, 2022 7:20 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:

I think the Bucs are in just as bad of a spot too, but yeah, it's not exactly ideal.

I agree the Bucs, who went all in, are in a bad spot roster wise going forward though not likely as bad as Green Bay. That said, the 2020 Super Bowl win will help soothe the pain of the next few seasons.

Same with the Rams who traded away all those picks but won in 2021.

Meanwhile, the Packers chose not to go all in and as always kept all of their draft picks in 2020, 2021, and 2022 but that 2010 Super Bowl win is really starting to fade in the rear view mirror.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#29 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Nov 7, 2022 8:31 pm

I hate the cowboys so wish failure on them but I don't really harbor any ill will towards MM. Yeah he got stale here but that's managements fault for not identifying that sooner. I could say 'he should have won more SBs' and maybe that's true but I also am not so entitled that I'm not thankful for the 1. Their hard to win as we all know.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#30 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 7, 2022 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,751

Post#31 » by Treebeard » Mon Nov 7, 2022 9:10 pm

I can't help but think MM is going to enjoy is plane ride home more than MLF will enjoy his drive home.....
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,749

Post#32 » by msiris » Mon Nov 7, 2022 10:06 pm

Sit 12. Just rip the band aid off now and get it over with.
Ride the tank
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,263

Post#33 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 7, 2022 11:06 pm

msiris wrote:Sit 12. Just rip the band aid off now and get it over with.

I think if we see him benched this season it's gonna tell us everything we need to know about whether they intend to have him back next season.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Treebeard » Mon Nov 7, 2022 11:47 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
msiris wrote:Sit 12. Just rip the band aid off now and get it over with.

I think if we see him benched this season it's gonna tell us everything we need to know about whether they intend to have him back next season.

The one caveat there, is if the thumb gets worse (or is reported as worse - useful cover story). Rogers was grimacing and holding the thumb yesterday during the game again.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#35 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 8, 2022 12:45 am

Read on Twitter
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#36 » by HKPackFan » Tue Nov 8, 2022 9:46 am

Favre had a bad thumb but we let him continue to play because he had the streak.

Rodgers has no streak and nothing on the line. Let him heal the thumb up, he's playing awful. Perfect cover to give Love some burn, get some experience and crank out some more Ls to help quicken the rebuild.

Let some of the big price tag guys go, eat your **** in cap hell, clean up management, build up those L's this year and next, collect high draft picks and comp picks and build toward 2024 with a ton of fresh picks and cap space.
#FreeChuckDiesel
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#37 » by LUKE23 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 11:59 pm

I don't give a damn if it's the Cowboys, hoping for a loss here. All that matters right now is draft position and avoiding any more key long-term injuries.

Regarding Rodgers - I can see GB justify playing him until they are eliminated, even though I'd rather see Love. Once they are eliminated Love should be getting every snap regardless though.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#38 » by Treebeard » Wed Nov 9, 2022 12:29 am

That's also improved draft position in each round too. Maybe some compensatory picks coming out of a scorched earth off season?
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#39 » by DrWood » Wed Nov 9, 2022 4:11 am

MoMM wrote:

Then we eat dead cap in one season, our top players leave and we get compensatory picks on top of our own top picks, it is not that bad as it seems.

To get comp picks we have to offer them a contract and they accept a bigger one somewhere else. In other words, they have to have recently been good with good prospects for continued good play. So. . . the guys you don't really want to lose.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#40 » by DrWood » Wed Nov 9, 2022 4:13 am

LUKE23 wrote:I don't give a damn if it's the Cowboys, hoping for a loss here. All that matters right now is draft position and avoiding any more key long-term injuries.

Regarding Rodgers - I can see GB justify playing him until they are eliminated, even though I'd rather see Love. Once they are eliminated Love should be getting every snap regardless though.

we're one win out of the playoffs. They won't be eliminated until after the last few games.

Return to Green Bay Packers