Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,263

Re: Game 9: Packers at Lions - 11/6/22 - Noon - Fox 

Post#381 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 6, 2022 9:32 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:MLF was OC in LA in 2017 and the Rams offense performed great. But he didn't call the plays. He was OC in Tennessee in 2018 and the offense was not good. He called the plays. Then we hired him.

This is true but where has the O ranked the last 3 seasons prior to this one?

To me the O is lacking talent and Rodgers is just taking the game into his own hands with bad weapons. That on top of the OL injuries/ineffectiveness. Just a disaster all around. But we have seen the offense perform. Gute left them with nothing this year.

Even today they win easily with a QB that doesn't play like dog ****. The plays were there.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,126

Post#382 » by Dennis Reynolds » Sun Nov 6, 2022 9:41 pm

It was so hard to lose this game but Rodgers somehow pulled it off. I guess they say never underestimate the heart of a champion for a reason.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,126

Post#383 » by Dennis Reynolds » Sun Nov 6, 2022 9:47 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:MLF was OC in LA in 2017 and the Rams offense performed great. But he didn't call the plays. He was OC in Tennessee in 2018 and the offense was not good. He called the plays. Then we hired him.

This is true but where has the O ranked the last 3 seasons prior to this one?

To me the O is lacking talent and Rodgers is just taking the game into his own hands with bad weapons. That on top of the OL injuries/ineffectiveness. Just a disaster all around. But we have seen the offense perform. Gute left them with nothing this year.

Middle of the pack in yards and points per game in 2019 and 2021, 1st in points and 5th in yards in 2020 and obviously awful this season. One great season and a whole bunch of nothing if you ask me.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,751

Post#384 » by Treebeard » Sun Nov 6, 2022 9:48 pm

I like Dillon more than many here do, but he's a North-South runner, and he hasn't been able to bust through the center of the line this year. Jones has the speed and elusiveness to go off tackle, or outside.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#385 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 6, 2022 9:53 pm

This season isn't on Rodgers alone it's been a whole organization failure GM to players but he's definitely slipped in play. Age is undefeated.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,751

Post#386 » by Treebeard » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:00 pm

Any concussion protocol come into play for Watson getting head gonged two games in a row? Or even a pity point for the fact the guy can't stay on the field for a whole game? I loved the pick at the time, but that notion isn't ageing well, right now.

Still, he's looked better at time than Watkins. Yeeeeesh.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,868

Post#387 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:01 pm

Rodgers press conference they asked him about the INTs. He said "I made some sh*tty throws for sure".

Say what you want about Aaron but he always comes to the podium and answers all of the reporters' questions professionally, giving a lot of thought to his answers. You don't always see that from players especially when things have gotten this bad.

Rodgers hasn't played well this season. Some of it is his fault. Some is the WRs. Some is LaF. Some of it falls on Gute. But there's zero chance he's gonna get benched for Love, so people can stop hoping for that.

And can we just cut Watkins already? He definitely isn't helping.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#388 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:05 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Rodgers press conference they asked him about the INTs. He said "I made some sh*tty throws for sure".

Say what you want about Aaron but he always comes to the podium and answers all of the reporters' questions professionally, giving a lot of thought to his answers. You don't always see that from players especially when things have gotten this bad.

Rodgers hasn't played well this season. Some of it is his fault. Some is the WRs. Some is LaF. Some of it falls on Gute. But there's zero chance he's gonna get benched for Love, so people can stop hoping for that.

He’s like that with reporters but is a goddam prick with his teammates. That’s the difference.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,093

Post#389 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:08 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,868

Post#390 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:09 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Rodgers press conference they asked him about the INTs. He said "I made some sh*tty throws for sure".

He’s like that with reporters but is a goddam prick with his teammates. That’s the difference.

He's not the only elite QB who yells at his guys. Brady probably does it more but nobody talks about it. There's times Rodgers is yelling because he's pissed and people assume he's yelling about the WRs, etc. He could be yelling because he's pissed at himself, too.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#391 » by Profound23 » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:11 pm

Treebeard wrote:I like Dillon more than many here do, but he's a North-South runner, and he hasn't been able to bust through the center of the line this year. Jones has the speed and elusiveness to go off tackle, or outside.

I love Dillon. I loved the pick and have been waiting for him to break-out.

Now, it seems like he is a downgrade from Jamaal Williams and that draft was not very good at all.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#392 » by Profound23 » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:12 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:

He's not the only elite QB who yells at his guys. Brady probably does it more but nobody talks about it. There's times Rodgers is yelling because he's pissed and people assume he's yelling about the WRs, etc. He could be yelling because he's pissed at himself, too.

Yeah, I think a lot of that yelling was him being frustrated with himself. Maybe I am wrong.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,095

Post#393 » by Matches Malone » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Asher
Starter
And1: 159

Post#394 » by Asher » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:47 pm

Don't think they have the stones to do it, but if there really are that many guys injured going into next week's game against the Cowboys, they should just shut Aaron down with a "thumb" for the game and let Love loose. Getting waxed by Dallas for "pride" is useless.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#395 » by crkone » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:51 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:You can't have Gute making what will likely be very important draft picks next Spring.
Yep and they need to make that decision soon.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
slappyg
Junior
And1: 274

Post#396 » by slappyg » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:53 pm

Did we run any motion?
Aaron is back to his crap mechanics. Flatfooted, not stepping into throws. He watched film before his MVP season a few years ago and corrected his mechanics. QB coach needs to remind him that mechanics matter.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#397 » by crkone » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:54 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter
MLF trying to protect Jones with Dillon didn't seem to matter much I guess.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,185

Post#398 » by raysbookclub » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:56 pm

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:I still can't get over the fact we had the ball on their 20 with 40smth seconds left on the clock and 2 timeouts and we didn't run the ball once. :banghead:

Jones was out and Dillon isn't all that.

Well MLF seems to love Dillon and Hill got one carry and it was a pretty good one. Just one attempt to burn one of their timeouts and hopefully pick up a few yards, that was all I wanted.

I didn't watch the game, but the not-running seems pretty on brand for the 2022 Packers.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,093

Post#399 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:06 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,371

Post#400 » by rilamann » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:08 pm

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
LedZepp007 wrote:At least we have the Bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:(

I was about to say, what about Dennis Reynolds?

:lol:

At least the Magic have a bright future, much brighter than the Packer's future, so at least you have that.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Green Bay Packers