ImageImage

2023 Packers Trades, Transactions, News - Bakh to IR; Might Be Out for Season

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,816

Re: Packers Trades, Transactions, News 

Post#81 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:01 pm

To be clear, I don't want Davis in return, and certainly not over picks or younger players. I was unaware there was anyone who did, lol. It's just an assessment of him as a player.

I can't imagine it's like "give us 400Y/3TD Corey Davis over a 3rd round pick, please" :lol:
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,764

Post#82 » by msiris » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:02 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Elijah Moore is my hope, but think it will be Davis or Mims coming back.
I would take Mims but not Davis who is injury prone.
Ride the tank
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#83 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:14 pm

I assume if Davis is involved it's because the Jets are shedding his salary, not as some kind of positive compensation for GB.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,136

Post#84 » by MVP2110 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:15 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I assume if Davis is involved it's because the Jets are shedding his salary, not as some kind of positive compensation for GB.

Yea that seems likely, a way for the Packers to take on additional cap space from the Jets
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,381

Post#85 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,995

Post#86 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:22 pm

lol he's really holding up his approval on the trade until the Jets sign his buddies. A nice initiation to the current realities of the Aaron Rodgers experience for Jets fans.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,079

Post#87 » by Wisky4life » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:29 pm

Sounds like Lazard and Cobb are going to the Jets. Hopefully Bakh will follow soon with Rodgers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,366

Post#88 » by Mags FTW » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:34 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:lol he's really holding up his approval on the trade until the Jets sign his buddies. A nice initiation to the current realities of the Aaron Rodgers experience for Jets fans.

The last 36 hours is a microcosm of why some people are just done with Rodgers.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#89 » by ReddRum » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:37 pm

I have no problem with Rodgers asking for other WR's to come along with him that can help him win, you know since the Packers never did that for him it makes complete sense, he doesn't want to be on a team that isn't all in...
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#90 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:38 pm

Rodgers is definitely someone who understands leverage and isn't afraid to use it when he can.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 275

Post#91 » by Reddeye » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:42 pm

So Rodgers wants to create the Packers offense with Lazard, Cobb and Wilson filling the Adams role? Also the pass blocking likely won't be as good as it has been in Green Bay. Do the Jets have the cap space to make improvements?

Elijah Moore needs to get to a new team. You know Rodgers is going to want Cobb on field as much as possible.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,136

Post#92 » by MVP2110 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:42 pm

ReddRum wrote:I have no problem with Rodgers asking for other WR's to come along with him that can help him win, you know since the Packers never did that for him it makes complete sense, he doesn't want to be on a team that isn't all in...

Weird how all the guys he wants on the Jets are the guys that the Packers acquired originally
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#93 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:44 pm

ReddRum wrote:I have no problem with Rodgers asking for other WR's to come along with him that can help him win, you know since the Packers never did that for him it makes complete sense, he doesn't want to be on a team that isn't all in...

Uhh what? They literally got Cobb (who stinks) only because AR asked them to.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 275

Post#94 » by Reddeye » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:45 pm

So all in is signing Lazard and Cobb?
ReddRum
Veteran

Post#95 » by ReddRum » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:47 pm

MVP2110 wrote:

Weird how all the guys he wants on the Jets are the guys that the Packers acquired originally

all the guys he wants are underwhelming WR's in my opinion, but he wants his best friends on the team, and in his mind they will help the Jets win more games...
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
ReddRum
Veteran

Post#96 » by ReddRum » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:49 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

Uhh what? They literally got Cobb (who stinks) only because AR asked them to.

Good point but in my mind that was nowhere near a difference maker. Did it keep A-Rod happy, yes. Did it move the needle, absolutely not...

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#97 » by RRyder823 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:49 pm

Reddeye wrote:

So all in is signing Lazard and Cobb?
Yeah Rodgers has never had weapons on offense..... Such a crime

Can't believe people are still spouting that bull line

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#98 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:49 pm

LMAO this **** is hilarious.
#FreeChuckDiesel
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#99 » by skones » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:50 pm

Lol, Lazard and Cobb ain't going "all in."
Carioca
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#100 » by Carioca » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:50 pm

It looks like maybe Gutey grew a pair in negotiations! PFT reporting Jets low-balled Packers and now the two teams are playing a "game of chicken."

Jets would be royally screwed if they don't close this deal unless they can trade for Lamar or somebody else as good or better.

Return to Green Bay Packers