ImageImage

2023 Packers Trades, Transactions, News - Bakh to IR; Might Be Out for Season

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,179

Re: Packers Trades, transactions, News 

Post#21 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:27 pm

Yes, please take some of our junk and help accelerate whatever phase of Packers lore we are in. It feels like we are in some kind of football purgatory, starting last year.
Carioca
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#22 » by Carioca » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:27 pm

The only way Bakh could be included in the deal after the restructuring would be if he was traded after June 1. I think OTC.com had us gaining about $2.2 million in cap space with a post June 1 trade or cut. I figured Bakh was part of the deal when they took so long to complete the restructuring after the combine.

Rodgers has always talked about how much it means to play with his friends, so I'm not surprised there is talk about him recruiting Packers' free agents to the Jets.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#23 » by ReddRum » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:32 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:Yes, please take some of our junk and help accelerate whatever phase of Packers lore we are in. It feels like we are in some kind of football purgatory, starting last year.

Oh the purgatory started long before last year pal...
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,339

Post#24 » by humanrefutation » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:36 pm

Remember when Rodgers took over a team that went to the NFCC - he followed up with an 6-10 season.

There is going to be a learning curve for his first season as QB. But we should have a decent sense by the end of the season whether he's the future. We knew that with Rodgers by then.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 275

Post#25 » by Reddeye » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:39 pm

I get Rodgers wanting to have former teammates and friends with him going to a new team.
Carioca
Ballboy

Post#26 » by Carioca » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:42 pm

Remember when Rodgers took over a team that went to the NFCC - he followed up with an 6-10 season.

There is going to be a learning curve for his first season as QB. But we should have a decent sense by the end of the season whether he's the future. We knew that with Rodgers by then.

I think a 6-11/7-10 season is probably what we're in store for, but there also exists an outside possibility that we're in the same position as we were this year: More losses than wins early; periods of inconsistent play; but a chance to sniff the playoffs with a near-.500 record at the end. That would be a pretty good win for JLove's first season as starting QB.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#27 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:45 pm

I hope Love is either awesome or terrible, it's the in-between that could get them in trouble.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,381

Post#28 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:46 pm

This is so annoying.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#29 » by LUKE23 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:47 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:This is so annoying.

It’s really aggravating.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,624

Post#30 » by Frank Nova » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:54 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I hope Love is either awesome or terrible, it's the in-between that could get them in trouble.

What a beautiful thing to say. And I mean that in a Shakespearean way. To Love, or not to Love…
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Carioca
Ballboy

Post#31 » by Carioca » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:56 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I hope Love is either awesome or terrible, it's the in-between that could get them in trouble.

That would be the worst possible outcome--.500 the first year would be a good sign, not so great if that's where we're stuck three years from now. I also think that, like most of the other Wisconsin sports franchises, the Packers would be loathe to bottom out to get a superstar QB if Love turns out to be mediocre.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 275

Post#32 » by Reddeye » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:59 pm

I am guessing the Packers and Jets both have a good idea of what is going to happen. As long as it happens before the league year starts does it really affect the Packers much? I doubt they were going out and signing any free agents early anyways.

It might help the Jets more so they can use it to recruit possible free agents they are interested in.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#33 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:04 pm

Reddeye wrote:I am guessing the Packers and Jets both have a good idea of what is going to happen. As long as it happens before the league year starts does it really affect the Packers much. I doubt they were going out and signing any free agents early anyways.

It might help the Jets more so they can use it to recruit possible free agents they are interested in.

As a fan I would like to know if I am going to be cheering for Rodgers or calling him the antichrist.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,366

Post#34 » by Mags FTW » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:07 pm

Apparently banishing yourself to the shadow realm doesn't help with your decision making process.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#35 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:23 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Remember when Rodgers took over a team that went to the NFCC - he followed up with an 6-10 season.

We went 6-10 because the defense was total buns (as usual). Rodgers was top 5 in TDs and 6th in passer rating his first year starting. If Love manages similar #s I doubt anyone will care about our record.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,984

Post#36 » by stillgotgame » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:26 pm

Keep in mind that if we stink next year Gute is gone. Given that he probably doesn’t want to become unemployed he’s going to put the best team around Love he can. Dumping our best offensive lineman because he’s friends with Rodgers is humorous.
Also, it’s pretty normal for QBs to be friends with their all pro left tackle by the way.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#37 » by Treebeard » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:39 pm

Short of complete collapse, I think Gute and MLF are probably safe till Murphy heads down the retirement trail in a couple of years. After that?
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,339

Post#38 » by humanrefutation » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:44 pm

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,200

Post#39 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:47 pm

Treebeard wrote:Short of complete collapse, I think Gute and MLF are probably safe till Murphy heads down the retirement trail in a couple of years. After that?
Murphy retires in 2 years. So you're probably right, Gute is safe until then. Unless Murphy wants to make a big move before he leaves. Which I doubt.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#40 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:22 pm

So about 2 weeks ago Rodgers ripped the media and said they would never be able to scoop him and if you heard anything from anyone besides him you can't believe it.

I wonder if someone in his camp leaked the trade and he is trying to save face so he wants the trade to be official when he announces it. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but that was a weird interaction.

Return to Green Bay Packers