ImageImageImageImage

Lions "will definitely make the playoffs"

Moderator: theBigLip

Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Lions "will definitely make the playoffs" 

Post#1 » by Liqourish » Sat May 9, 2009 10:57 am

Lions running back Kevin Smith wrote in his blog earlier this week that he believes the team "will definitely" make the playoffs this coming season.

Detroit famously went winless during the 2008 season.

"I won't make a prediction about how many games we're going to win, but I will say this: We will definitely make the playoffs this season," Smith wrote on Wednesday.

How could Smith believe that such a turnaround is possible?

"Believe it or not we weren’t far off last year. Almost every game we could have won, we were one play or one player short. Except for Tennessee on Thanksgiving, they just came out and beat us to sleep. They manhandled us, but nobody else did," he added.

I think this is a good thing. Kevin Smith has faith in the Lions. If the rest of the lockerroom feels the same, maybe we'll see some wins this year.

Lions really can't be scrutinized any more, might as well be scrutinized over the playoffs. Last time a Lion player made a bold prediction, the team went on to win 6 of it's first 8 games.
Bartender
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Re: Lions "will definitely make the playoffs" 

Post#2 » by Bartender » Mon May 11, 2009 9:23 pm

anything to up the activity of this forum :/
TSE wrote:Wow I actually like this trade, good job Mayhew!
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#3 » by chrbal » Thu May 14, 2009 3:09 pm

I don't mind the Lions this kind of stuff, but I really wish they wouldn't. I realize that a team in the NFL could go from crap to playoffs in a season. Ask the Falcons, but they weren't 0-16, they haven't been horrible for year. The Lions have.

Honestly 4 or 5 wins this REGULAR season and I'll be happy.
Liqourish
RealGM

Post#4 » by Liqourish » Fri May 15, 2009 11:50 am

I wish they wouldn't either, but if the alternative is players making predictions that the team will suck again, I'd rather have the optimistic player predictions.

When Kitna said the Lions would win 10 games, we all laughed. Then they started out 6-2 and we were amazed. Of course they came back form the bye week and fell apart, but it showed that a team with much less talent could wins games if they felt they could and wanted to.

I'm not expecting the Lions to come out 6-2 again this year. I'd be amazed is they win 6 games total. But I like the fact that players feel like they can win games. Now let's see them go out and back it up.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#5 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:01 am

loins will go 10-6 easily and make noise in the playoffs
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#6 » by ajaX82 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:24 pm

I like the confidence. I like the heart. I heard KSmith talking on the Jim Rome show when i was driving a couple weeks ago, he sounded real good. Very confident and determined. Romey liked him alot.

He wants to make these claims, i just hope he backs it with his play. Im fine with that
Liqourish
RealGM

Post#7 » by Liqourish » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Let's hope thier confidence translates on the field. I love the optimism though. It is a brand new team.

Return to Detroit Lions