Kitna done for year

Moderator: theBigLip

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Kitna done for year 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:56 am

Kitna is out for the seaon with a bad back. or just completely sucking. whichever works.

So this brings up:

A). Will he ever play for us again (no)

B). Is Orlovsky the answer (prolly not)

C). We spent a second rounder on Stanton...do we play him? (i hope but i doubt it)

D). do we draft a QB next year? (why not a WR instead)

???
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Re: Kitna done for year 

Post#2 » by Liqourish » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:37 pm

I'm hoping we draft a QB first, maybe Tebow, and then work on our Lines and Special Team. Kitna is done. Orlovsky is not an option, imo. Maybe Stanton works out, maybe he doesn't. Drafting Tebow couldn't hurt.

New GM, New Coach, New QB..... time to start fresh. Having Tebow and Johnson as building blocks couldn't hurt any.

We have what 8 or 9 draft picks in the first 6 rounds....

1st round:
Detroit 1st
Dallas 1st (Roy Williams trade)

2nd round:
Detroit 2nd

3rd round:
Detroit 3rd
Dallas 3rd (Roy Williams trade)
Cleveland 3rd (?) (Shaun Rogers trade gives us a Cleveland 3rd, but Dallas got a Cleveland 3rd as well)

4th:
none (Detroit sent own 4th to Dallas for 08 3rd)

5th:
Detroit 5th

6th:
Detroit 6th
Dallas 6th (Roy Williams trade)

7th:
none (sent to Dallas in Roy Williams trade)
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#3 » by Liqourish » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:58 pm

Jon Kitna is making a strong case to be released from the team. He called out the Lions for putting him on the IR and now he's saying that he'd be okay if the Lions let him go. We know he's not a starting cailber QB.... I see no reason not to release him and finish the year with Stanton starting to see what we have with him before the draft.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by ajaX82 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:23 pm

eh, dont release him. I want him to not play again this year. I hate him.

screaming at coaches, throwing tantrums on the field... he can go to hell.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,220

Post#5 » by ElectricMayhem » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Kitna certainly shouldn't take any more snaps as a Lion. Who knows, maybe he can use this injury to jumpstart his career as an NFL Prognosticator. Hey, it's still possible he's right about the Lions getting 10 wins this season - at least until Sunday.

Orlovsky isn't the answer, and I doubt Stanton will be, but in a lost season they've absolutely got to give it a shot. The Lions should end up with a top 2 draft pick, although they have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot with late season meaningless wins.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ajaX82 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:44 pm

Iceness, whats your take on the QB situation?? What to make of Kitna and who should be playing shorterm/longterm

Return to Detroit Lions